2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Get Tobe back and hopefully land Igor and Tennessee’a front court is set
They really do complement each other's skill sets well in my opinion. Slide Dubar to SF position and that gives you pretty good length on the court, even without a 7-footer in the middle. Throw in 6'11 Estrella and 6'9 Phillips as backups in the frontcourt with another off-season to gain some size and we probably will have better depth/size than what we had this year at the 4-5. Add another guy from portal/prep/high school who has ability to block shots would be ideal.

Aidoo averaged a smidge over 9 shots per game this year. If Awaka got 9 shots per game, he is getting double figure points per game. Two years in a row with 59.1% FG% isn't a fluke. Milicic is a possible 12+ pt per game in higher tempo offense. At 6'10 he is a decent athlete who can take big guys on perimeter when he plays the 5 and can post up smaller guys when he plays the 4 depending on the matchups. Not a leaper but has shown ability to use dribble and get to the rim.

Reactions: Volfan1000
No inside knowledge, but I'd venture a guess that if he leaves UNC without committing to UNC, that seems better for us than the alternative
Right. I guess my question was referring to a poster who said something to the effect that NC told him he needed to commit to keep his spot on his visit a couple of pages back. Basically, seems like NC won’t wait around on him to make a decision which could benefit UT.

The Charlotte 49ers played 15 home games this year and I attended 14 of those games. I personally witnessed how good he is offensively and defensively…how he works to get open off the ball offensively and how he works to get defensive position…he is great at anticipating ball movement when he is on defense. Again he is an excellent defender at the strength 4, but his 1.1 blocks per game at that position do not make him a rim protector. As I stated in another post, he is my favorite Charlotte player over the last 10-12 years. love how the guy plays on both ends of the court. But defensively, as good as he is, his game does not meet the definition of a rim protector.
A true rim protector is a guy who is good at stopping shot attempts in the paint. Blocks are not a good indicator of rim protection. Talked about it the other day, but it's why big NBA players are usually peaking at blocks years 1-3. As they learn to defend correctly the block numbers fall and it's harder to get shots off against them. Rudy Gobert wins DPOY awards because his positional defense is excellent.

Whats the thought on if the Dewayne Brown commitment influences anyone we are currently pursuing in the portal? Or even the awaka situation.

Reactions: GUNTERSVOL
No inside knowledge, but I'd venture a guess that if he leaves UNC without committing to UNC, that seems better for us than the alternative
Wish someone had a REAL clue as to how he is weighing home state vs open volume shooter spot on our roster. The DK experience has to be a positive for us in his considerations. BUT the other argument is HISTORICALLY valid as well.

You may be right, but I also think there's a good chance that Holloway is being bluntly honest, as well.
Kid was shooting 30%. What was he expecting? 35 min a game and that he'd be their #1 threat and leading scorer as a freshman? In this league? Sounds like a "me first" kinda kid. Also sounds like he expected his "dream" to magically start on day one and didn't want to wait or work for it. Yeah, Bruce is a salesman, but come on. That kid is all about himself.

Reactions: walkenvol
You may be right, but I also think there's a good chance that Holloway is being bluntly honest, as well.
Honest about what? Pearl recruited me with the idea I’d be a high volume shooter but as the season progressed there were other players on our team who proved to be more successful scorers which led to less minutes and fewer shots for me than I expected?

Was I right about Okpara being the mystery big?

Seen OSU fans talking about him maybe rethinking sharing minutes with Bradshaw

Apparently the guy that posted it was one of the ones that broke the news about Diebler first. So interesting watch going forward….hopefully

Was I right about Okpara being the mystery big?

Seen OSU fans talking about him maybe rethinking sharing minutes with Bradshaw

Apparently the guy that posted it was one of the ones that broke the news about Diebler first. So interesting watch going forward….hopefully

You were right

VN Store

Back