2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Trilly says Tyson to UNC is done and they have nothing to worry about :(
Ben McKee is saying we’re still in it 🤷‍♂️ I trust trilly more than any of our guys, sans AP, but maybe there’s a glimmer of hope
Stuff like this always makes me think that a prospect is telling both sides what they want to hear.

I don't get McKee on this one. Igor and Tyson should be able to coexist and actually compliment each other on the floor. Dubar perhaps might be a bit of a put off for Tyson, but not Igor.
I've been saying I don't know how those three can all coexist. Someone has to be willing to play a complimentary role in that setup it would seem. Not sure any of those three are looking to transfer and play that role.

Reactions: berryvol
I've been saying I don't know how those three can all coexist. Someone has to be willing to play a complimentary role in that setup it would seem. Not sure any of those three are looking to transfer and play that role.
Since Dubar is already in the boat, I guess it just boils down to which one do you want more of Igor or Tyson?

Honestly, I think it's a moot point. Tyson to UNC. Igor will head to UT and pair nicely with Dubar. Just need that 2 spot filled. Lanier, IMO, is a far bigger need than Tyson. I think he's better attacking the rim plus IIRC, he can spell ZZ if needed. He's my must get portal guy.

Honestly, I think it's a moot point. Tyson to UNC. Igor will head to UT and pair nicely with Dubar. Just need that 2 spot filled. Lanier, IMO, is a far bigger need than Tyson. I think he's better attacking the rim plus IIRC, he can spell ZZ if needed. He's my must get portal guy.
It also opens up an opportunity for us to take Tucker Anderson, who I mentioned a couple weeks ago as not being a terrible consolation prize to Cade Tyson. Anderson with three years to play, wouldn't necessarily come in and command immediate starter minutes, and him and Tyson have similar ceilings, IMO.

It also opens up an opportunity for us to take Tucker Anderson, who I mentioned a couple weeks ago as not being a terrible consolation prize to Cade Tyson. Anderson with three years to play, wouldn't necessarily come in and command immediate starter minutes, and him and Tyson have similar ceilings, IMO.
I agree with this, if the choice is Tyson or land Lanier and Anderson then I’m 100% on board with the latter.

Don't know much about the Anderson kid. Skinny shooter with length so with time, S&C, I can see that as being a nice addition. At least it won't be a kid that we have to worry about getting poached so soon.

Yes. We have like what 5 more spots open?
Also, he makes more sense with Igor and Dubar being seniors. Anderson can come off the bench this year and develop a little bit more. From central Arkansas to a bench player your sophomore year at Tennessee. That’s still a big upgrade for him. That leaves his junior and senior year to be a main focal point if his game translates over.

Don't know much about the Anderson kid. Skinny shooter with length so with time, S&C, I can see that as being a nice addition. At least it won't be a kid that we have to worry about getting poached so soon.
I see a lot of potential in Anderson. With the additional year of eligibility, development, strength and conditioning, etc, I'm not sure there's a ton of difference in he and Tyson. I see a lot of pre-UNCA Drew Pember in him. Pember seems to have been a better rebounder and defender, but those are areas where Anderson can improve, and will have to improve if he wants to see the floor for Barnes. I just think he's a guy who has room to grow and will be more patient than some others. He also has obvious ties to the program given his mom played for Pat Summitt.

Help me out here. I looked up Okparas stats. He seems like a down grade from Aidoo.
Look at it this way. Aidoo was gone. Okpara is more of a replacement for what Awaka was going to do next season. Also, okpara was just a sophomore compared to Aidoo being a senior. Okpara averaged 14/7 and 2.4 blocks in the NIT

VN Store

Back