2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Projecting minutes is rough...

ZZ = 30ish
Lanier/Mashack/Tyson/Felix = 20ish
Dubar/Gainey/JP/Igor = 15-20

That's 9 guys that could see 15+ MPG... Cade/Carr probably make up the rest of any available minutes

Also we'll be very top heavy on the roster, so the '25 class will need to be pretty deep I think.

Seniors: ZZ, Gainey, Mashack, Igor, Dubar, Lanier,
Juniors: Tyson, Felix
Sophomores: JP, Carr, Cade
Freshmen: Bishop

And that's still only 12 of 13 spots... have to think they'll try to add an uncommitted HS player they can RS or a transfer with at least 3 years that would be willing to RS.

Projecting minutes is rough...

ZZ = 30ish
Lanier/Mashack/Tyson/Felix = 20ish
Dubar/Gainey/JP/Igor = 15-20

That's 9 guys that could see 15+ MPG... Cade/Carr probably make up the rest of any available minutes

Also we'll be very top heavy on the roster, so the '25 class will need to be pretty deep I think.

Seniors: ZZ, Gainey, Mashack, Igor, Dubar, Lanier,
Juniors: Tyson, Felix
Sophomores: JP, Carr, Cade
Freshmen: Bishop

And that's still only 12 of 13 spots... have to think they'll try to add an uncommitted HS player they can RS or a transfer with at least 3 years that would be willing to RS.
These senior guys aren’t coming here to play only 15mpg.

If anything and we land all those guys AT LEAST 1 will Ledlum out.

The CBB landscape knows what Tennessee is doing
Don’t know if I’m considered part of that landscape, but I read all the speculation and rumors. I still know that all the guys we want can be bought if somebody else wants them more. Until they sign, nothing can be a given. Even after they sign we can get Ledlum’ed. hoping for the best but anxiously awaiting more signings!

I just don't see us getting Tyson, Dubar, and Igor. Lanier, Dubar, Igor, and Okpara is a heck of a haul though. We might be even better on defense given how long we'll be. Barnes squads have lacked length for pretty much his entire tenure here.

Still, their 5-star freshman transferred to Bama.
Their 5 star freshman flamed out after an early strong start. Maybe the SEC figured out how to guard him when the film was out? Whatever happened, he wasn’t playing like a Chandler level 5 star at the end.

Reactions: The Dog
Again, it won’t matter who starts.

And even if we do get all those guys, I definitely see one of them Ledlum out.
Haha.. I’m just pointing out that all you guys drooling over getting all these big wings / stretch 4’s who can shoot are forgetting there’s two ends of the court Lol.. championship teams are great on both ends.

And fwiw, I LOVE Lanier’s game but his defensive metrics aren’t very good either. You got to put just as much emphasis on defense as offense when thinking about the rotation and different lineups.

Again, it won’t matter who starts.

And even if we do get all those guys, I definitely see one of them Ledlum out.
The nice thing about Ledlum last year is that now I won’t have any heartburn about whichever one transfers because I’ll know it was the worst of the bunch and he just couldn’t hack it.

They’ve been trying ever since they got Gillespie, I think he wants to play closer to home and Maryland has a pretty crowded backcourt.

All looking for minutes at 1-3…

Jahari Long/Chance Stephens
Rodney Rice/Ja’Kobi Gillespie
Selton Miguel/Malachi Palmer/Jordan Geronimo
Tafara Gapare/Deshawn Harris-Smith
But does anybody think any player like Lanier locks in on one team in a market that can bring you 500k plus? He will bring several teams in to increase the bidding. Yeah we may be the favorite to land him but this will be a recruiting battle.

Reactions: AurantiacoFan
If there is a Ledlum among our haul, then he needs to go. We need competitors.

I still think a significant part of the Ledlum deal was him wanting to go back home. I talked to him about coming his first impression of Knoxville (we’re both originally from NY), and he said it was different (and not in a manner that he seemed excited). On the contrary, seems to me from his posts that Dubar is really excited to be a Vol.

VN Store

Back