2024 Transfer Portal Thread

What is the word on Igor's commitment status, has Okpara somehow made him hesitant? (I know he's more of a 4 and Okpara more a traditional 5 but who knows). I truly think a haul of Okpara, Igor, Dubar, and Chaz is more than enough even without the Cade Tyson cherry on top of it all, so I would love to hear some updates on Igor's status because I was expecting a commitment announcement from him before Okpara.

What is the word on Igor's commitment status, has Okpara somehow made him hesitant? (I know he's more of a 4 and Okpara more a traditional 5 but who knows). I truly think a haul of Okpara, Igor, Dubar, and Chaz is more than enough even without the Cade Tyson cherry on top of it all, so I would love to hear some updates on Igor's status because I was expecting a commitment announcement from him before Okpara.
It’s been mentioned a few times that because Igor is an international student there’s some extra t’s to cross and I’s to dot with his transfer, student visa and things. Don’t think there’s anything to be concerned about with him not committing yet.

It’s tough to cover this topic without stepping on his privacy… Without sharing too much, I can say that Tobe was by far the most serious off the court, and highly dedicated on the court. He was not a part of the core click of friends, by his choice and theirs. Aidoo was very social, silly, playful etc. Awaka perceived that as not committed, and he was ready to go by the end of the year. When Aidoo left, they asked him to rethink it, and he did. Ultimately the damage is done and he’ll be better off starting over. He is definitely not a bad kid, not a traitor, not a locker room cancer etc. He was just all business and didn’t like the returns that was getting him. I hope he fits wherever he lands.
Thanks for sharing this. I wish him the best.

Another thing I noticed from his highlights that he actually tries to dunk everything like he’s 7’0 instead of trying to lay it in.

Aidoo always seemed hesitant around the rim.
This was my biggest frustrations with Aidoo, only played with force against inferior/undersized bigs on beatable teams, couldn't match up offensively with elite big men on top teams.

Not confident yet that Felix Okpara is the answer to compete against elite bigs, but he can at least just be a force of nature at 6'-11" and finish strong every time near the rim.

Okpara got the aggressiveness to rebound & finish at the rim that Awaka had with comparable size/height to Aidoo. I think this is what we truly needed last season.

Given he has the offseason to get better at Tennessee, we could hopefully see an improved version of Okpara by the time the season begins.

I noticed how Jon Rothstein is including Igor as part of our official roster in his latest update from a few minutes ago. Don’t think he’d do that unless he has it on good sourcing that he committed to us even without a formal announcement.

I love not seeing UK on this list lol.

Hate seeing that Sears, Broome, and Wade Taylor are still in the SEC. All 3 should be the favorites for SEC POY.

Reactions: Franklin_Vol09
It’s tough to cover this topic without stepping on his privacy… Without sharing too much, I can say that Tobe was by far the most serious off the court, and highly dedicated on the court. He was not a part of the core click of friends, by his choice and theirs. Aidoo was very social, silly, playful etc. Awaka perceived that as not committed, and he was ready to go by the end of the year. When Aidoo left, they asked him to rethink it, and he did. Ultimately the damage is done and he’ll be better off starting over. He is definitely not a bad kid, not a traitor, not a locker room cancer etc. He was just all business and didn’t like the returns that was getting him. I hope he fits wherever he lands.
Thanks, I had speculated that this might be the case when the beef between Awaka and Aidoo was mentioned. They seem like very different kids. Didn't realize it was maybe a little more widespread than just that 1 on 1 relationship.

I mean I don't know Awaka personally or anything, but I feel it's less about $ or playing time. More about location, of course if he ends up in Arizona or somewhere else he'll prove my theory completely wrong...
Mashacks mom told me it was more of an issue with playing time. She said it's deff not as much about location

VN Store

Back