2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Next time you want to find someone who deserves to be insulted, just do us all favor and look in the mirror
Where did I insult? Lol bring that proof look I get it they are your buds but trust me they are big boys and can fight their own battles. We’re all vol fans here

No the guys they brought in was a wash from what left, and if you know anything about college basketball relying on a freshman bench is nothing short of alarming but go on…
They aren’t relying on freshman. Pringle and Estrada aren’t losses. They have better players coming in. Wrightsell will get more playing time and he was crucial for them down the stretch before his injuries.

Reactions: berryvol
Estrada is a huge loss not sure how you are discounting that..did you watch bama at all this year aside from their Mickey Mouse run?
You apparently didn’t. They got lucky to make the final four, but they still finished 1 game out from us from winning the SEC with a patchwork team. Discounting them is hilarious.

Youngblood fits Oats’s system much better than Estrada ever did.

You apparently didn’t. They got lucky to make the final four, but they still finished 1 game out from us from winning the SEC with a patchwork team. Discounting them is hilarious.
Never once discounted them, just not going to act like they are the team to beat in the SEC which was the original discussion

Not worth asking, Trippie and Mookie have some of the worst takes and have no clue about other teams outside of our own squad…and then get mad when you have a differing opinion from group think or whatever Twitter is showing them it’s comical but good luck in your quest

Now I know you are simply trolling. You’re not even hiding it anymore. Solid engagement bait, I’ll give you that.

We have talent, but we gotta gel. Thats gonna be the key for every team during this day and age. The talent on next years team is great, but we gotta see how everything plays out. I’m confident in Barnes.

Reactions: Chaz-Vol
Not worth asking, Trippie and Mookie have some of the worst takes and have no clue about other teams outside of our own squad…and then get mad when you have a differing opinion from group think or whatever Twitter is showing them it’s comical but good luck in your quest
Trippie is cool. Mookie and I virtually never agree but I’ll absolutely go to bat for him over an obvious Bama fan who joined here 6 months ago.

It’s ironic you call out their takes when you’ve offered nothing but obvious pot shots and trolls at our teams that you’re also obviously not a true fan of.

Trippie is cool. Mookie and I virtually never agree but I’ll absolutely go to bat for him over an obvious Bama fan who joined here 6 months ago.

It’s ironic you call out their takes when you’ve offered nothing but obvious pot shots and trolls at our teams that you’re also obviously not a true fan of.

I only like to give you a hard time about the Vitello thing, that’s about it lol. Otherwise, we’re cool. Appreciate the kind words.

Reactions: OrangeInKy
I only like to give you a hard time about the Vitello thing, that’s about it lol. Otherwise, we’re cool. Appreciate the kind words.

View attachment 637429

That tweet made me just search vitello’s name on Twitter just to see what is being said.

Perception of Tennessee baseball as a program is still that of having bottom tier facilities and resources. I’ve seen Miss St, Ole Miss and ironically Arkansas fans (when DVH retires) clamoring to hire him.

Miss St fans can’t fathom him saying no, the only fans that say no is simply because they don’t want him due to his antics.

Ole Miss fans are split. Some say he’ll never leave Tennessee, others say he’s waiting for the “big SEC job” like them to get out.

Arkansas fans are utterly convinced he’s waiting to take the Arkansas job when DVH retires. Essentially believing he’s a HC in waiting there while coaching another program.

I also posted this in the baseball forum but I think it’s funny enough to share here too. I famously thought LSU could lure him away in 2021, but now that he’s essentially gotten a blank check to do whatever he wants here, while simultaneously being a king in Knoxville with an established top 10 program.. I see no reason why he’d ever leave.

Not to mention he doesn’t have an agent. Unusual in this day and age, but true. Guys who don’t have agents typically have no plans on relocating any time soon.
Don’t know if you’ve seen this post I made yesterday but my thoughts on that have evolved quite a bit

Edit: since this post though, Texas fans also want him and also think he’d never say no.

Chris Youngblood and Houston Mallette two guys that bama brought in to replace Estrada, Griffen, and Pringle. I wouldn’t consider that a wash production wise…

Holloway has a long ways to go in development

Ugonna terrible 5 from Kentucky

The freshman class always are unknowns

Do you guys watch basketball outside of Tennessee? Honest question
They have Cliff O from Rutgers on campus right now and are looking to lock him up. He’s priority over Ugonna who I wouldn’t say is a terrible 5 lol. Bama is going to be VERY good next year

Don’t know if you’ve seen this post I made yesterday but my thoughts on that have evolved quite a bit

At the risk of turning the transfer portal thread into a baseball thread, I’ll just simply see I’m glad to say your opinion has changed and that I agree Vitello has basically zero reason to leave now. He’s getting a $65 million facility upgrade, has no trouble recruiting, and works extremely well with the AD. He’s going nowhere.

At the risk of turning the transfer portal thread into a baseball thread, I’ll just simply say I’m glad to say your opinion has changed and that I agree Vitello has basically zero reason to leave now. He’s getting a $65 million facility upgrade, has no trouble recruiting, and works extremely well with the AD. He’s going nowhere.
Will leave it here. But I have an update to the post I’ll make in the dugout in a second after browsing SEC Rant today lol

They have Cliff O from Rutgers on campus right now and are looking to lock him up. He’s priority over Ugonna who I wouldn’t say is a terrible 5 lol. Bama is going to be VERY good next year

Careful now Mr. I Cover Sports For a Living. You don’t know who you are talking to. GoodTimeVol is a certified sport expert and your ignorance is showing on how little you know about basketball with a statement like that.

VN Store

Back