2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Arthur Kaluma entered the portal. Another good player.

Portal is crazy
I guess. Seems pretty quiet around these parts. Kinda nice actually. I'm now just occasionally checking in since our finish is pretty well known. Lanier and Mabor if I read the tea leaves correctly. Only question is if we can entice a PG to sign on. I'd love to get Anderson. Just don't see UT being a destination for a lot of PGs. Looks like we'll have to spend some big money next season for ZZ's replacement. Having a guy well established and having been immersed in our system for an entire season and off season prior to taking control would be fantastic tho. Guess we might luck out and get a 5 star from HS, but that's a big ask of a true freshman.

I guess. Seems pretty quiet around these parts. Kinda nice actually. I'm now just occasionally checking in since our finish is pretty well known. Lanier and Mabor if I read the tea leaves correctly. Only question is if we can entice a PG to sign on. I'd love to get Anderson. Just don't see UT being a destination for a lot of PGs. Looks like we'll have to spend some big money next season for ZZ's replacement. Having a guy well established and having been immersed in our system for an entire season and off season prior to taking control would be fantastic tho. Guess we might luck out and get a 5 star from HS, but that's a big ask of a true freshman.
We would’ve probably spent good money on a PG next year anyways.

Averaged 19 points a game at Samford before the injury.

He averaged 14.7 points a game...his first season there was when he was averaging 19 points a game. The worry is that he's been on the shelf since March of 2023 and he left Samford for Kansas State before even getting healthy, then reinjured himself at Kansas State during an exhibition game.

But as a 13th man for mostly practice purposes with experience at the point wouldn't be the end of the world to bring him home. Preference would be on a younger talent that can be developing behind ZZ for his last year.

I’m guessing the finish is:
Lanier
Mabor
Hammond

Hammond will be groomed to take over for ZZ.

We would’ve probably spent good money on a PG next year anyways.
True and sad. Hate that the portal is making us all like Kentucky in the sense that we're going to be flipping our rosters to some degree or another. Only difference is that we'll be seeing experienced newcomers. Still some risk from the chemistry standpoint. Teams that do the best job identifying guys who really fit the culture and system will be the winners. Guys my age won't like this new world so much I suspect.

True and sad. Hate that the portal is making us all like Kentucky in the sense that we're going to be flipping our rosters to some degree or another. Only difference is that we'll be seeing experienced newcomers. Still some risk from the chemistry standpoint. Teams that do the best job identifying guys who really fit the culture and system will be the winners. Guys my age won't like this new world so much I suspect.
PG: Transfer / Hammond (Soph)
SG: Transfer / Boswell (Soph) / Freshman
SF: Transfer / Carr (Jr.) /
PF: Transfer / Cade (Jr.)
C: Okpara (Sr.) / JP (Jr.) / Mabor (Soph) / Brown (Fr)

9 player rotation per usual: 4 transfers, Okpara, JP, Carr, etc.

Assuming something like this, guess we will see. Boswell and Hammond could redshirt but I just made it easier to read by putting their actual class

BUT you never know in this age, someone could leave or multiple guys couple leave.

Last edited:
I really like Hammond. I just wonder when he does indeed set up a visit here. I was hoping he would this weekend. I think, if we get him on campus and give him an official offer there’s no way he doesn’t commit. We are head and shoulders better than any offer he has currently.

PG: Transfer / Hammond (Soph)
SG: Transfer / Boswell (Soph) / Freshman
SF: Transfer / Carr (Jr.) /
PF: Transfer / Cade (Jr.)
C: Okpara (Sr.) / JP (Jr.) / Mabor (Soph) / Brown (Fr)

9 player rotation per usual: 4 transfers, Okpara, JP, Carr, etc.

Assuming something like this, guess we will see. Boswell and Hammond could redshirt but I just made it easier to read by putting their actual class

BUT you never know in this age, someone could leave or multiple guys couple leave.
Never know how guys will develop. Having said that, I really like Anderson way better than Hammond. Boswell seems like the usual Barnes project. Gonna be a guy who hangs for a couple of years then either starts or transfers. Just need to adjust my way of thinking to the emphasis being on the portal instead of HS recruiting.

UK fans feel confident in Chaz.

That’s gotta be a joke, right?

Let’s say it’s not…who do we turn to after Chaz?

Last edited:
I really like Hammond. I just wonder when he does indeed set up a visit here. I was hoping he would this weekend. I think, if we get him on campus and give him an official offer there’s no way he doesn’t commit. We are head and shoulders better than any offer he has currently.
I would say the staff probably feels that way as well which is why they haven’t been super quick about pushing for a visit from him or Anderson. JMO

UK fans feel confident in Chaz.

That’s gotta be a joke, right?

Let’s say it’s not…who do we turn to after Chaz?
It’s a joke. They also don’t feel confident, they’re just saying they’re UK and so they get whoever they want. Let me know when a legit UK source says the staff is confident and I’ll acknowledge it.

Curious to know more about this Gabriel Mabor kid. I really like his 2022-23 tape on Youtube. Looks very fluid and in control for a big man. He could be a diamond in the rough and really like his upside. Honestly think he could walk in and be an immediate upgrade over JP and Cade.

VN Store

Back