2024 Transfer Portal Thread

We were also told Yuri Collins was a sure thing, and that didn’t unfold as planned. Nothing is ever a guarantee in the portal era until it actually happens, IMO.
It’s funny you bring him up, that’s exactly why it’s being handled this way. Like I’ve said, y’all panic and stress if you’d like 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know a P4 football coach who has a transfer player committed and they were first to find him, so to speak. From a smaller school. Now everyone wants him. So far, he and family are sticking to commitment. It is wild what staffs are trying to entice him with. Some are begging, some are bullying him just to take more visits.

It’s funny you bring him up, that’s exactly why it’s being handled this way. Like I’ve said, y’all panic and stress if you’d like 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m not panicking, sheesh. I posted a tweet that was informational and noted roughly 20 schools contacting Lanier, which is a perfectly reasonable thing to do in a transfer portal thread where we are literally only pursuing one transfer right now and have no other targets to talk about.

We can’t all be “insiders” and have access to information like you do, so a healthy level of skepticism in an era where things can flip on its head at any moment is perfectly reasonable.

I’m not panicking, sheesh. I posted a tweet that was informational and noted roughly 20 schools contacting Lanier, which is a perfectly reasonable thing to do in a transfer portal thread where we are literally only pursuing one transfer right now and have no other targets to talk about.

We can’t all be “insiders” and have access to information like you do, so a healthy level of skepticism in an era where things can flip on its head at any moment is perfectly reasonable.
I didn’t say you, I said y’all, it was a broad generalization for those who are panicking. If you don’t feel you are included in that bunch then it wasn’t meant for you, again just a generalization on the topic you were mentioning.

He could withdraw before then, if he doesn’t get a combine invite I would assume he pulls out.
If I read things correctly, the combine begins on May 13 and players have to participate to be eligible to be drafted. One would have to think that these invitations would have to be extended in the next week or so. Hopefully, the drama comes to an end sooner rather than later.

LOI with basic terms of NIL is signed usually, but it’s non-binding. This is the first year teams have swooped in after an LOI with a late money offer.
So what's the point of wasting time on all this portal stuff if it's all nothing more than a handshake at the end of the day? At what point is any door closed in this nightmare known as the transfer portal? Start of classes? Playing in the first game of the season? Or do we have to sweat losing a kid at halftime to the opponent? This is just insane. I need more coffee...and with an irish twist this time.

So what's the point of wasting time on all this portal stuff if it's all nothing more than a handshake at the end of the day? At what point is any door closed in this nightmare known as the transfer portal? Start of classes? Playing in the first game of the season? Or do we have to sweat losing a kid at halftime to the opponent? This is just insane. I need more coffee...and with an irish twist this time.
Just make sure the Irish Twist isn’t a priest.

Be patient, sometimes individuals act like a Category F5 Tornado has been spotted in downtown Knoxville. Good grief.

We could be at halftime of the title game and the opponent could swoop in and steal our players, yikes!

Be patient, sometimes individuals act like a Category F5 Tornado has been spotted in downtown Knoxville. Good grief.
It's not waiting that's at issue. It's that at this point in the process....as I understand it...none of our "commitments" are sure things. The NIL LOI isn't binding so isn't this all kind of pointless? Just pay it no mind until when? Start of classes? The season? It's like musical chairs but the music is still playing. Not sure when it actually ends.

It's not waiting that's at issue. It's that at this point in the process....as I understand it...none of our "commitments" are sure things. The NIL LOI isn't binding so isn't this all kind of pointless? Just pay it no mind until when? Start of classes? The season? It's like musical chairs but the music is still playing. Not sure when it actually ends.
If they’ve signed, which they have, they’d have to re-enter the transfer portal which that deadline has now passed.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Right, because you can just transfer again, but that closed May 1st…so relax a bit lol.
Not worked up. Rules, as I perceived them, just didn't make sense. Seemed like following this portal biz was a monumental waste of time which is no small thing for a man my age. Now it's a bit clearer.

Not worked up. Rules, as I perceived them, just didn't make sense. Seemed like following this portal biz was a monumental waste of time which is no small thing for a man my age. Now it's a bit clearer.
Kids work through NIL independently of their school commitment. There is a window between an LOI being negotiated and kids “signing” with the school, then another between “signing” with the school and “signing their final contract for NIL. The portal rules are related to the school aspect only. Right now any player committed to a school can’t re-enter the portal this year. Meika’s repost of that tweet is referring to the teams swooping in between NIL and school signing. The tweet is poorly worded and I think that’s the origin of the confusion. The original tweet is referring to a specific instance of two players who signed NIL LOI and then were offered more and accepted. Specifically she’s familiar with Aidoo’s situation in particular, among others.

VN Store

Back