2024 Transfer Portal Thread

These guys know crazy fans stalk their follow lists lol

Sometimes they do that as a fake out

I get all that, but Purdue was nothing without him. Iā€™m talking more about production. But the overall point from the original post was that we need to go out and get bigger posts like Edey. I simply responded and said guys like Edey just arenā€™t hanging around everyday committing to schools. Regardless of his advantage, he had skills at 7ā€™4ā€. He is a generational type of player that you donā€™t see year in and year out.
Skills??? If I was 7ā€™4ā€ and got to stand in the lane for 10 seconds and constantly foul with impunity, Iā€™d be pretty good in college too. To be a ā€œgenerationalā€ talent, you have to do it at the highest level. Plenty of good college players donā€™t cut it in the pros. Jabbar, Chamberlain, Russell, Malone, etc were generational talents. Heck, Nate Thurmond and David Robinson would have chewed up Edey and spit him out. Nicola Jocic will whip him like a rented mule. Edey is not a generational talent.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
Matt Jones, says he expects us, UK, and Louisville to be involved with Trent Noah (SF who just got released from his NIL)
Not sure on this one. He might have even led the state in scoring this year at 30 ppg, but he just isn't really an SEC-level athlete, which is the case for most kids in Eastern KY. Good shooter who hit 43% from 3, but at 6-6, I just don't know who he guards in the SEC.

I was shocked when I heard he signed with USCe, and it would be interesting to know if he left that commitment voluntarily, or if he was told in no uncertain terms that his chances of playing time were not great.

Feels like the kind of kid that Paris took before he raised their profile with a successful season. USCe was his only SEC offer and Butler, Cal, Stanford, Seton Hall, and Dayton were his other noteworthy offers.

This kid isn't the second coming of Reed Sheppard by any stretch of the imagination. Not sure where he ends up, but I'd be pretty surprised if it were Tennessee, Kentucky, or Louisville. Feels like a stretch to think he could really play (and get meaningful minutes) at that level.

Not sure on this one. He might have even led the state in scoring this year at 30 ppg, but he just isn't really an SEC-level athlete, which is the case for most kids in Eastern KY. Good shooter who hit 43% from 3, but at 6-6, I just don't know who he guards in the SEC.

I was shocked when I heard he signed with USCe, and it would be interesting to know if he left that commitment voluntarily, or if he was told in no uncertain terms that his chances of playing time were not great.

Feels like the kind of kid that Paris took before he raised their profile with a successful season. USCe was his only SEC offer and Butler, Cal, Stanford, Seton Hall, and Dayton were his other noteworthy offers.

This kid isn't the second coming of Reed Sheppard by any stretch of the imagination. Not sure where he ends up, but I'd be pretty surprised if it were Tennessee, Kentucky, or Louisville. Feels like a stretch to think he could really play (and get meaningful minutes) at that level.

Like one poster said, I think Jones may be saying that to hype the kid up. UK lock, if they offer.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Like one poster said, I think Jones may be saying that to hype the kid up. UK lock, if they offer.
He did dominate the state tournament averaging 33 ppg across 4 games hitting 19-34 from 3 (56%) and losing to UK commit Travis Perry's Lyon County team in the finals.

There are a lot of high-profile underclassmen that played in that event, so maybe he got spotted by someone who fell in love with his shooting ability.

Like I said though, I'll have to believe it when I see it to think UT, UK, and UL are involved, there.

He did dominate the state tournament averaging 33 ppg across 4 games hitting 19-34 from 3 (56%) and losing to UK commit Travis Perry's Lyon County team in the finals.

There are a lot of high-profile underclassmen that played in that event, so maybe he got spotted by someone who fell in love with his shooting ability.

Like I said though, I'll have to believe it when I see it to think UT, UK, and UL are involved, there.
Iā€™m just curious to what weā€™re looking for now since we feel good about Boswell.

Wonder where that spot goes, position wise.

Iā€™m just curious to what weā€™re looking for now since we feel good about Boswell.

Wonder where that spot goes, position wise.
Probably someone like Ques Glover who you hope comes in and doesn't mind only getting 10 minutes a night. Not my first choice, nor my 10th choice, but if it fills the scholarship and a need, you take it, I guess.

Probably someone like Ques Glover who you hope comes in and doesn't mind only getting 10 minutes a night. Not my first choice, nor my 10th choice, but if it fills the scholarship and a need, you take it, I guess.
Yeah I agree. Iā€™m kind of holding out hope that we go after a younger wing type player.

Agree with that. But also I have very little respect for his game.

Silly comment for a guy who was twice player of the year. He's 7'4, pretty physical and can score around the basket, as one expects bigs to do. He doesn't pop out and hits 3s, but how many bigs do? I suspect a lot of this anti-Edry narrative here is for a predictable reason.....

I mean, he is a 2 time NPOY. He clearly does not suck lol.

I do think he will have a hard time making it in the NBA, but lots of great college players do.
Tshiebwe was the last NPOY and he went undrafted and is playing in the G league. Winning NPOY doesnā€™t appear to guarantee NBA success.

VN Store

Back