2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Highly doubt Boswell or Moretti start once ZZ leaves. (If you’re responding to him talking about ZZ’s replacement)
This thing with Moretti isn't real is it? I mean as a backup/insurance policy, sure, but I'd rather hang my hat on Boswell long term.

We could just move on to other options. Chaz is gonna do what Chaz is gonna do. I really hope we get him. I think he could really complete this recruiting cycle, but we gotta be ready in case he goes elsewhere. I am sure that CRB and staff have other prospects in case we don't get him. I just saw this article:

Riley Kugel might be an option if Chaz Lanier doesn't work out. What concerns me is that Chaz waits until the end of May and withdraws from the NBA draft. Then, he goes to another school. At that point, assuming that Tennessee has waited on him, there may not be a good option for us available in the portal. Coaching and building a roster in this NIL world is a tough business.

Last edited:
Tony B receives (deservedly so) a healthy amount of crap on here, but I do believe he actually has a decent source or two when it comes to UT's men's basketball. If he's telling people not to worry about Lanier right now, then I'm not gonna worry right now.
Hopefully this doesn’t go to his head, but I honestly think BTO is better connected than Tony B. BTO has been saying to not worry for a few weeks. TIFWIW

We could just move on to other options. Chaz is gonna do what Chaz is gonna do. I really hope we get him. I think he could really complete this recruiting cycle, but we gotta be ready in case he goes elsewhere. I am sure that CRB and staff have other prospects in case we don't get him. I just saw this article:

Riley Kugel might be an option if Chaz Lanier doesn't work out. What concerns me is that Chaz waits until the end of May and withdraws from the NBA draft. Then, he goes to another school. At that point, assuming that Tennessee has waited on him, there may not be a good option for us available in the portal. Coaching and building a roster in this NIL world is a tough business.
Honestly Lanier holding out for awhile may handcuff UK more than UT…they too have 3 scholarships open and a glaring hole for a scoring 2 guard, arguably more glaring than Tennessee. They are recruiting 3 different guys for that spot and if any of them want to pop before Chaz they probably can’t afford to sit around and wait.

Just from what I've seen elsewhere, rumors of course, that Kugel might be a locker room issue. Also saw it mentioned somewhere else that maybe not having the academic details all squared away to be accepted into school. Don't know. Just saw that mentioned somewhere. Seems to be a possible reason Florida didn't seem to press to keep him and Kansas may be of the same opinion.

Reactions: Smokey 77

VN Store

Back