2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. However, Deion is a black man who lived the life and grew up in some scenarios similar as the young men he's recruiting. He's relatable to them. No offense, but 80% or more of the top 100 players in high school football, men and women's basketball are black. If they don't relate to anyone on your staff, more than likely they are not coming. Representation matters to black parents. I know you may not understand, but it is what it is. Not saying the state of Tennessee or University of Tennessee is racist, but when you have people pushing that narrative to recruits and parents, it does makes a person have thoughts about coming especially coming from an Atlanta, GA or Jackson, MS for an example. I do understand your point of view.
Thank you for that perspective.

Reactions: VOL720
Only thing dumb was your reply. And how many blacks you saw for iowa? Also I said behind the scenes, never mentioned the coach should be black. It’s also dumb for y’all to disregard the obvious. I’ve spoken to recruits or those affiliated with them past and present. Regardless of what y’all want to believe it’s an issue for some. So unless the open up the wallets then we’ll probably be in the same predicament regardless. I believe the donors played a big role in this selection of the new coach and her image wasn’t surprising just the hire in itself.
Not at all. Your willingness to play the “race” card is The only dumb response or comment in your posts. And had I used y’all or your kind. You would’ve come unglued. And rightfully so. But keep playing the card. Because until people stop playing it, it will never go away. If you look for it, you are more than likely gonna find it.

THANK YOU! FINALLY! Someone else who sees the brilliance in Coach GG! And I will say, we at least appear to have gotten her style of play (fun and gun, lights out 3-point shooting, full court pressure defense ALL. THE. TIME!) in CKC!
This won’t work against good players. How much pressing have you seen in the final four the last few years? We’ll best some good sunbelt teams for sure. Bookmark this.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Depends on what the goal of the full court pressure is. Doesn't always have to be turnovers.
I assume it’s to win. It won’t work against good teams is what I’m saying. Turnovers or slow them down, doesn’t matter. Nobody presses at the highest level (NBA, WNBA, Women’s Final 4).

This won’t work against good players. How much pressing have you seen in the final four the last few years? We’ll best some good sunbelt teams for sure. Bookmark this.
It can work when the coach has the players and teaches the system correctly. We will have to wait and see what we have in both cases.

The baseball coaching staff is all white. That did not deter Christian Moore, Kavares Tears, Marcus Phillips, Ariel Antigua, etc from signing up. Most players just want to win. Dawn Staley doesn’t get great players because she’s black. She gets great players because she wins.
To be fair, the strength coach one of the best in the business is black. He’s as much as part of the staff as a position/base coach.

Not at all. Your willingness to play the “race” card is The only dumb response or comment in your posts. And had I used y’all or your kind. You would’ve come unglued. And rightfully so. But keep playing the card. Because until people stop playing it, it will never go away. If you look for it, you are more than likely gonna find it.
At some point we need to allow a person of color to discuss the existence of racial discrimination without accusing them of playing the race card.
Think deeper.

At some point we need to allow a person of color to discuss the existence of racial discrimination without accusing them of playing the race card.
Think deeper.
And also that there are differences in being the majority and minority. Which means yes, they can say things we can't say and would get in trouble for. Sounds counterintuitive and is bait for whataboutism, but also true.

When dealing with reality there’s no other cards to be played. And if you believe that’s the reason it’s not going away then it’s something wrong with you and you’re the problem. Unglued for what I don’t eat,****, nor sleep based off words. And correction if you don’t look for it then how would you know that it’s a problem. You usually seek out the problem to find a resolution correct?

When dealing with reality there’s no other cards to be played. And if you believe that’s the reason it’s not going away then it’s something wrong with you and you’re the problem. Unglued for what I don’t eat,****, nor sleep based off words. And correction if you don’t look for it then how would you know that it’s a problem. You usually seek out the problem to find a resolution correct?
If you look for it. It will always be there and that’s what you do. Then try to play the card and want empathy. Pretty sad actually. Heck you stated earlier you had issues with someone actually going out of there way to make sure you and another person of race was taken care of. Whether it was overboard or not, appreciate the jester instead of complaining Treat me like others. Because when treated like others. Then entitlement comes to play. I’m here to talk LV sports and others not deal with the few and small Amount who doesn’t want change. So to keep dealing with your sad Look on life I would rather just ignore you. Good day and I hope you find some peace. Doubtful, but hopeful.

Think deeper.
Do you not think that when it keeps being brought up, that it will not keep being said. I mean watch the news, it’s constantly bad news and the world Is a horrible place because that’s what you see and hear all the time. Make a change or better yet, Like Michael Jackson said, be the change. And she sure did play the card and you can see it. There is gonna be racial discrimination and may never go away. But keep
Beating the drum and it’ll keep going. I mean when someone calls a person,Karen. Is that not racial. Because it’s calling someone a spoiled white, soccer mom type. It’s used constantly. As far as think deeper. Do the same. If you can’t see what that person was insinuating then you are just as shallow.

If you look for it. It will always be there and that’s what you do. Then try to play the card and want empathy. Pretty sad actually. Heck you stated earlier you had issues with someone actually going out of there way to make sure you and another person of race was taken care of. Whether it was overboard or not, appreciate the jester instead of complaining Treat me like others. Because when treated like others. Then entitlement comes to play. I’m here to talk LV sports and others not deal with the few and small Amount who doesn’t want change. So to keep dealing with your sad Look on life I would rather just ignore you. Good day and I hope you find some peace. Doubtful, but hopeful.
Who asked you for empathy? Look like you need the peace. Maybe my words get to your conscious more than you’d like. I never asked you to speak on anything I post. You came here on your own and you can leave the same way. ✌🏾

Who asked you for empathy? Look like you need the peace. Maybe my words get to your conscious more than you’d like. I never asked you to speak on anything I post. You came here on your own and you can leave the same way. ✌🏾
I think that he/she wants to sweep it under the rug and pretend that it’s okay or doesn’t exist SMH

I think that he/she wants to sweep it under the rug and pretend that it’s okay or doesn’t exist SMH
Not at all. I know it exists and I’ve stated it. But your reading comprehension must not be to good. But whatever you want to believe to make you sleep better at night. Good day sir/ma’am!!

Are there any black head coaches at the University of Tennessee?

My answer was to the baseball staff being perceived as all white.

But, yes. Duane Ross in track and field.
Allison Ojeda in female tennis is of Spanish heritage as a did you know.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVU05UT09
It exists but not on a huge scale anymore… We have had. black president, vice president… several congressmen/women… doctors…. Lawyers… supreme court justices… and so on… There will always be bad people… white or black… We need to judge people on the things that matter… skin color doesn’t matter at all…. Tennessee had the first ever black qb and men’s basketball coach in the SEC… not bad for a racist university.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back