2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate like hell we didn't get Nye, IMO having a proven SEC scorer like that is the difference in the LVs being actual contenders or not. But I think where she ended up was probably the best decision for her and not the "fault" of any of the coaches involved nor greed for $.

Got(get)🍊🍊🍊better players.
Tennessee new coaching staff is recruiting at an elite level and has the NIL $ to match!

Just watch the show. It’s scary hours on Rocky Top🍊!

I am not a Kellie hater at all.
I am a coach and my entire adult life has been in management...and quite simply ... "If I hired my best friend or one of my own family, and they couldn't do the job,,I would have to fire them just like anybody else.

Look back at my posts and you see the pattern was as I stated
first two years I backed and fully supported hiring Kellie,,,second two year I began to become critical of her decisions and lack of progress, poor closing of the recruits Sam brought in for her and lack of betterment of skills of her players and in year five I was fully behind the decision to let her go

That is not a vendetta and it has never reached "personal" in my posts or opinions.

Kellie was in over her head,,her decisions were led by emotion and it was obvious that it was more important for her to be liked than respected by her players....None of which is an attack.

AND I only speak of Kellie now when she is subject matter,,,which by the way,,,is NOT what this thread is about

So get off of my case!
Nothing wrong with being honest

Reactions: knoxvol52
Oh my gosh, I'm so anxious to hear our latest good news! This has already been the most exciting off-season in many years, so a couple more strong commits may put it into the category of THE MOST exciting offseason ever.

I'm not just talking about commits. I mean, the whole firing, then hiring, then more exciting hires followed soon by exciting commitments --- and now possibly more commitments coming. It's just a fun time to be a Tennessee fan. 😀

Wooooo hooooo!

We get a couple more players like these first three I say we won the portal. The first three are all Hoopgurlz top 100 players. 15, 30, and 72 which is way too low for Latham what a talented player.
I don't know that much about Ruby W.

Her stats and profile suggest an athletic guard who does not shoot 3s very well (26%) for her career nor FTs (66%). She also averages about 1.2 steals a game and 5 rebounds pg (in about 27 minutes per game)

What am I missing?

I don't know that much about Ruby W.

Her stats and profile suggest an athletic guard who does not shoot 3s very well (26%) for her career nor FTs (66%). She also averages about 1.2 steals a game and 5 rebounds pg (in about 27 minutes per game)

What am I missing?

With Ruby a lot of it is her motor, she’ll give you flat out effort every minute she’s on the floor. Pushes pace on offense and forces turnovers with her defense.

Her shooting percentages have improved and she has enough eligibility to put in the work and hit the next level.

She reminds me a lot of Jordan Horston but she needs better guidance. She was a bit of a loose cannon at Clemson but that is typical for Amanda Butler guards.

IMG_4719.jpegSorry if posted but a pretty nice get for Clemson. I thought she had a lot of potential but she regressed last season at UNC. Only one year of eligibility so maybe she can help Poppie get off to a decent start.

With Ruby a lot of it is her motor, she’ll give you flat out effort every minute she’s on the floor. Pushes pace on offense and forces turnovers with her defense.

Her shooting percentages have improved and she has enough eligibility to put in the work and hit the next level.

She reminds me a lot of Jordan Horston but she needs better guidance. She was a bit of a loose cannon at Clemson but that is typical for Amanda Butler guards.
she is an absolute pit-bull on defense and has jets and hops
sometimes you can see a players worth, not in their performance on a tema that runs a system not designed for their strengths

Case in point w ill be Jillian,,,this type of environment will be soooo beneficial to her game

Reactions: all_volz and UTtoDC
Wonder how Rae Burrell managed to go from the 47th ranked player in her class to a first round draft pick? Jordan Horston was a walking turnover her first two years who developed her skill set and became an elite defender. Without development, that doesn't happen. Some of the best top-ranked players who ended up in the wrong programs with the wrong coaches never saw the W. The fact that she has four first-rounders in 4 years speaks more volumes than you seem to give Kellie credit for.
Jordon had elite skillsets when she came to Tennessee and both she and Burrell were very reasonable defenders from day one. However, Jordan was a turnover machine until she was drafted as a pro. She managed to stick with LA because of injuries. Burrell was also a turnover machine while at Tennessee. Many times she played out of control. Kellie had a difficult time taming the team’s turnover issues. One of the things that made both draftable was they are big guards and play good defense with rebounding ability. I question Kellie’s player development skills because most of the team did not seem to get any better than they were when they came to Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back