2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

I’m expecting Whitehorn to LV’s if the staff wants her. She fits the profile for your new system athletically. I’m not sure your staff wants her as a 5’11 guard with her shooting percentages, but maybe.

I just watched film on her for the first time and YES! She has IT!

I also think she has more than one year of eligibility?

Same, I think she’d be great, really high motor and lots of potential.

Her, Nye and maybe a player like Muhammad and we’d be golden golden
I think all three of them are expecting to start and play a lot of minutes. With how the roster is filling out, I wonder if the emphasis is more on role players.

I just watched film on her for the first time and YES! She has IT!

I also think she has more than one year of eligibility?
Ruby has two more years. Again, with her shooting percentages from the guard spot, I’m not 100% certain your staff is all in on her, but she definitely is the athletic kind of player that fits the system. I suppose at some point CKC is going to focus on shooters from the guard spots but I’m not sure what her plan is to fill remaining spots at this point. It sounds like AD White and UT collectives have developed NIL funds for your new coach to go get players, and if she wants Ruby I seem to feel she would be a LV. To me, it’s a great pickup for UT, you get her for 2 years and she is athletic as hell. But I understand your coach is trying to build a team with shooters also so prob up to your coach.

Last edited:
Because we can! It's the beauty of a couple of dozen cranky people talking to each other. Conversation goes off on awesome tangents. I'm always tickled at thread police who bust in like the Righteous Avengers to protest such an outrage!

I almost miss the parade of apparently football posters who swore a two week allegiance of undying support for our new (hot) coach. They were a moment.
I can actually keep up with the forum! 😇

I think all three of them are expecting to start and play a lot of minutes. With how the roster is filling out, I wonder if the emphasis is more on role players.
If Nye goes to ND, she’ll be competing with a core group of Miles, Hildago, Citron, Branstord and Westbeld. 4/5 will likely start.

If Ruby goes to LSU, it’s hard to see her starting over Mikayla and Flaujae. And I think they just picked up a PG from the portal to go along with Poa.

All that to say, they’ll have a lot of competition.

I don’t know much about Muhammad.

Same, I think she’d be great, really high motor and lots of potential.

Her, Nye and maybe a player like Muhammad and we’d be golden golden

I wouldn’t take Nye and Whitehorn. I will watch to see which one or if either is set to visit this week. That would be my target.
I’m not aiming this at you… to those fans saying we need all these different players that simply isn’t true. We need to develop Kaniya Boyd. I heard someone say KB injury was an ACL which is likely not true.

Boyd played AAU and was training with her team up until November. The former head coach stated when Boyd officially enrolled early that she was on track to cleared by June. That would be a fast recovery for an ACL injury.

Take one more guard in any classification and two more wing/post players one that is an underclassmen to develop as the five portal signees.

Ruby has two more years. Again, with her shooting percentages from the guard spot, I’m not 100% certain your staff is all in on her, but she definitely is the athletic kind of player that fits the system. I suppose at some point CKC is going to focus on shooters from the guard spots but I’m not sure what her plan is to fill remaining spots at this point. It sounds like AD White and UT collectives have developed NIL funds for your new coach to go get players, and if she wants Ruby I seem to feel she would be a LV. To me, it’s a great pickup for UT, you get her for 2 years and she is athletic as hell. But I understand your coach is trying to build a team with shooters also so prob up to your coach.
I’ll take a proven, athletic 3-level scorer even if their 3-pt percentage isn’t the best. She does everything else so well.

I wouldn’t take Nye and Whitehorn. I will watch to see which one or if either is set to visit this week. That would be my target.
I’m not aiming this at you… to those fans saying we need all these different players that simply isn’t true. We need to develop Kaniya Boyd. I heard someone say KB injury was an ACL which is likely not true.

Boyd played AAU and was training with her team up until November. The former head coach stated when Boyd officially enrolled early that she was on track to cleared by June. That would be a fast recovery for an ACL injury.

Take one more guard in any classification and two more wing/post players one that is an underclassmen to develop as the five portal signees.
If CKC has a choice between Nye or Whitehorn I feel certain she wants Nye first, her system needs some athletic three point shooters and that is Nye. Whitehorn would be an impact player also, but nowhere near the same kind of shooter from the backcourt.

If Nye goes to ND, she’ll be competing with a core group of Miles, Hildago, Citron, Branstord and Westbeld. 4/5 will likely start.

If Ruby goes to LSU, it’s hard to see her starting over Mikayla and Flaujae. And I think they just picked up a PG from the portal to go along with Poa.

All that to say, they’ll have a lot of competition.

I don’t know much about Muhammad.
Muhammed was likely first forward off the bench this season at Texas (behind Aliyah Moore at the 4 and Taylor Jones at the 5). I suspect that they got Barker, who would effectively replace Jones as a starter (but all three will still play decent minutes). It would the be same situation at Tennessee with Spearman, Latham, Hollingshed and probably Pucket (at the 4).

I think LSU would be in good shape with Whithorn because she would get a lot of minutes at the 2 and 3 because they don't have any productive bench players at the moment. Even if she isn't starting, she would play a lot. Tennessee has a logjam at the 2/3 with Spear, Cooper, Darby, Boyd, Wynn and Puckett (for when they play big). They don't need another guard, unless someone else is moving down the hierarchy.

Same scenario is also true for Nye at Tennessee, but at ND she really just needs to beat out Bransford. Hidalgo, Miles and Citron will probably start the 1-3 spots with Westbeld at the 4/5. I don't know what their post situation is, but they can play Westbeld at the 5, Citron as a stretch 4 and slide Nye in at the 3.

I wonder if CKC would be willing to pretty much just sit Tess her 5th year knowing that she has better options available?

Whitehorn will come off the bench pretty much anywhere she goes if she wants to be on a really quality team.

Can’t speak for the other two.

Just have to hope kids see what South Carolina did and how they managed their roster/minutes and get them to buy in.

This is all true. Given a choice between the two, I believe CKC would covet the one that just broke the Bama 3pt record for a season however since her team puts up more threes than any other in D1 ball. I get the bird in hand thought on visits though. At some point, I expect your coach to laser focus on shooters for remaining spots if possible however.

we will have to wait till the season starts to see that. on paper, we should be a lot better defensively but might take a step back on the offensive side without adding an elite scorer. that’s not a bad thing, our defense lost us a lot of games last season. i think both spearman and latham will have to avg. 10+ ppg and 7+ rpg if both start.
I think the scoring droughts lost us most of our games, we would go for 5 mins or more without scoring.

Last edited:
Muhammed was likely first forward off the bench this season at Texas (behind Aliyah Moore at the 4 and Taylor Jones at the 5). I suspect that they got Barker, who would effectively replace Jones as a starter (but all three will still play decent minutes). It would the be same situation at Tennessee with Spearman, Latham, Hollingshed and probably Pucket (at the 4).

I think LSU would be in good shape with Whithorn because she would get a lot of minutes at the 2 and 3 because they don't have any productive bench players at the moment. Even if she isn't starting, she would play a lot. Tennessee has a logjam at the 2/3 with Spear, Cooper, Darby, Boyd, Wynn and Puckett (for when they play big). They don't need another guard, unless someone else is moving down the hierarchy.

Same scenario is also true for Nye at Tennessee, but at ND she really just needs to beat out Bransford. Hidalgo, Miles and Citron will probably start the 1-3 spots with Westbeld at the 4/5. I don't know what their post situation is, but they can play Westbeld at the 5, Citron as a stretch 4 and slide Nye in at the 3.

I wonder if CKC would be willing to pretty much just sit Tess her 5th year knowing that she has better options available?
There is a logjam at the 2/3 spot, but if CKC wants to be competitive in the SEC, she’s gonna have to take the players who give her the best chance of doing that.

If Whitehorn and/or Nye want to come, you have to take them.

How many guards we have now? Cause we need at least eight guards that is how many she played at Marshall. Spear, Cooper, Boyd, Wells, Strickland, Darby, and Wynn. So maybe one more guard or two if she gets the right players. Four scholarships to give.

Reactions: VolFuture
Pretty close to the same window in which zz recovered. That seems exceptional.

There is a logjam at the 2/3 spot, but if CKC wants to be competitive in the SEC, she’s gonna have to take the players who give her the best chance of doing that.

If Whitehorn and/or Nye want to come, you have to take them.
I'm expecting her to fill up the roster. She may leave one scholarship open. So I am looking at three more players to compete it and maybe four.

VN Store

Back