2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

That’s just a lazy take. Their recruiting rankings and top 25 rankings are always way off compared to the actually pros in the industry.
Plus they may be a little jaded since we were ranked in their top 10 last year starting out.
All they see is we had a season that was below expectation, lost a top player in the country and have a coaching change.
Personally I’d rather be unranked and come out swinging.
I agree, I don’t care about their rankings.

Reactions: Geronimo
Don’t see the leading shot blocker in LV history not making the team. You are not giving CKC much credit if you think she wouldn’t want TK.

TK is a LVFL but after her blood clots she would not be able to play at the pace we are planning to pay next season. By the time she got down the court it would be time to turn around and run back the other way.

If we go for players that tall in the future they are going to have to be more mobile like Cardoso

Last edited:
I think she saw the writing on the wall, she did what was best her her by moving on.
I think she was just ready to get on with adulting. She obviously didn’t want to play in the W and would have had to learn a whole new system that may not have been the best fit. Plus, Jordy is a long way away.
AFA CKC, any coach would want a defender like TK in the paint.

Hollingshed could not shut down the inside like Key could. Isn't she the all time block leader at Tennessee? Even while being physically hampered, she was still a block party this past season. People don't give her nearly as much credit as she deserved.
I expect the overall TEAM defense to be better in 24-25. Having an eraser like Key is huge; however, lack of speed/athleticism (and bad defensive schemes) absolutely hurt the team this past season.

We missed Horston’s rebounding, and having someone with her rebounding ability in orange last season would’ve lead to at least a couple more ranked wins in Nov/Dec.

Florida State’s tallest player was 6’2 or 6’3 when we played them. I’m pretty sure ND’s tallest player was 6’4. It’s not like those teams had a crazy size advantage on us.

We will finish ahead of Kentucky, Alabama and Ole Miss. I’d bet anyone who wants to take that bet $100.

Only teams that have a leg up on us in the SEC at the moment are South Carolina, LSU and Texas.

Easy money for you!

I wouldn’t call it a leg up but South Carolina is the favorite in the SEC. Tennessee just needs to focus on Tennessee and the team can finish above any other team. I do not care who write or type teams like Oklahoma, Kentucky, LSU, Ole Miss, or Texas when the season starts will not be better than Tennessee head to head on any given night.

Coach Caldwell, Coach Lazo, and Coach Tubner have added the athletes they need to the roster to compete night in and night out.

Once the roster is finalized this team is on go🍊🔓!

She gotta be a Lady Vol, just needs to let us know now. But the last 24hrs her social moves have all been Lady Vol moves. Unfollowing Kapinus after she committed to Vandy and then immediately following the up by following the official page and our coaches. Should be a done deal.

I saw several posts that I think may have been directed at Kapinus. They were Twitter posts about players choosing money over what they know is the right fit. They showed up right after she committed. I think some of her mentors were disappointed with her decision. She was definitely a good fit for the Lady Vols but guessing Vandy had more money to throw at her since they have had no success in the portal so far.

I think Vandy is back to a .500 team again next season. Even though they likely play a super cupcake schedule again.

I’m going to say this.. Vandy does not have the NIL money to even compare to The VolClub.
The elite freshman commit deal was rumored to be six figures.
I do not think it’s significant that the player went to Vandy and everyone should just move on.

Reactions: Mafiaboss
Defense is gonna be totally different. We should not have to rely on a rim protector anymore. Our perimeter and ball pressure defense should be much better.

That was a problem last season with Key only being about to go about 15 minutes and those minutes were not what they used to be. Went from averaging 4 blocks to 1.
Exactly. The game is speeding up and agile guards under 6’4 are the future.

I expect the overall TEAM defense to be better in 24-25. Having an eraser like Key is huge; however, lack of speed/athleticism (and bad defensive schemes) absolutely hurt the team this past season.

We missed Horston’s rebounding, and having someone with her rebounding ability in orange last season would’ve lead to at least a couple more ranked wins in Nov/Dec.

Florida State’s tallest player was 6’2 or 6’3 when we played them. I’m pretty sure ND’s tallest player was 6’4. It’s not like those teams had a crazy size advantage on us.
The game is moving away from bigs in the center who basically only protect the rim.

There is a lot of upside to this LV team from all of the preseason rankings. I just think the style of play will prove to be problematic for many SEC teams to handle, the SEC has been such a defensive oriented league for a long while now, but for many SEC squads that has not translated into great post season success, outside of the few elite teams. I certainly don’t know but I suspect after watching the videos of CKC that her team will be hard to handle and I am slowly moving them up the SEC ladder, above OM now imo and maybe even OK, maybe. They are going to beat some of the top teams and be a huge thorn to play against for anyone.

And Iowa State? I just don’t get it, they have Crooks and yes they played decent this season but I truly don’t see them being a top 10 team ever.

Same with KState, they will do well in their league but on a national scale they are not a top 10 program.
While not defending the much too early and much too ridiculous poll, I don't think that Iowa State is just about Crooks, who incidentally should improve significantly, along with the rest of the freshmen gang of Cyclones that helped take Stanford into overtime, at Stanford, in NCAA round two. I will also go so far as to add that (I think) fifth-year senior guard Emily Ryan is one of the top basketball players in the country. I'm not suggesting she will be an All-American, or lottery pick, but the 36 she hung on the Tree, was very impressive.
But, to your main point, I agree. I don't know how they come up with these predictions, but it would seem fairer to perhaps wait until, say, when we (and others) fill out our rosters. And though I think we're being held up while Pops and Clemson count their money, we could still add considerable talent.

We will finish ahead of Kentucky, Alabama and Ole Miss. I’d bet anyone who wants to take that bet $100.

Only teams that have a leg up on us in the SEC at the moment are South Carolina, LSU and Texas.
I'm interested in the bet.

Draft terms:
- Standings as reported by (when 2024-25 regular season completed):

- No tiebreakers. Ahead of means ahead of.

- Reflecting the comment about Oklahoma, you win if Tennessee has a better record than Kentucky, Alabama, Ole Miss and Oklahoma. All four.

Loser pays $100 to WBCA member services fund

My preference was a fund in memory of Betty Jaynes but I can't find it. Open to negotiation about specific destination for the payment

Reactions: olddog
I'm interested in the bet.

Draft terms:
- Standings as reported by (when 2024-25 regular season completed):

- No tiebreakers. Ahead of means ahead of.

- Reflecting the comment about Oklahoma, you win if Tennessee has a better record than Kentucky, Alabama, Ole Miss and Oklahoma. All four.

Loser pays $100 to WBCA member services fund

My preference was a fund in memory of Betty Jaynes but I can't find it. Open to negotiation about specific destination for the payment

Sounds fun, I’m in. Just remind me when all the dust settles next season lol.

Reactions: krichunaka
While not defending the much too early and much too ridiculous poll, I don't think that Iowa State is just about Crooks, who incidentally should improve significantly, along with the rest of the freshmen gang of Cyclones that helped take Stanford into overtime, at Stanford, in NCAA round two. I will also go so far as to add that (I think) fifth-year senior guard Emily Ryan is one of the top basketball players in the country. I'm not suggesting she will be an All-American, or lottery pick, but the 36 she hung on the Tree, was very impressive.
But, to your main point, I agree. I don't know how they come up with these predictions, but it would seem fairer to perhaps wait until, say, when we (and others) fill out our rosters. And though I think we're being held up while Pops and Clemson count their money, we could still add considerable talent.
That was a fantastic game!

Exactly. The game is speeding up and agile guards under 6’4 are the future.
I agree. Not to compare the Herd to the Vols and SEC, but Kim’s style of play allowed a 5’4” guard (Abby Beeman conference player of the year) to lead the team in rebounds most games. She coaches to swarm the ball on defense. Everyone. It also produces steals. Exciting to watch.

Another one off the board I really thought she could’ve been good here as well. Ivy League Block leader

Last edited:

VN Store

Back