2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

Calf muscle strains, like any overuse injury can come from all sorts of causes. In a "hip bone is connected to the thigh bone", something like tight hamstrings or any kind of muscle imbalance between quads and hammies can create stress that gets absorbed by other muscles, like those in the calf until they can't handled it any more.
Pretty sure the calf muscle was ongoing; she had it wrapped at times the previous season. Was being actively treated for it at one of the very early practices which I was at.

RJ def gained weight briefly last summer. Can't speak to how that happened. But I do know bulking up in the weight room was intentional and celebrated. Hard to imagine doing one and letting the other go but who knows.

Going out on a limb now.

Indiana Fever will be a top 5 seed when playoffs start.

Caitlin Clark and Boston will be a dynamic duo, especially on the pick-n- roll.
LOL apparently the WNBA hasn't gotten the memo that traditional posts are passe and half court offensive plays a relic of the past. Nylissa Smith is no slouch either. I'd say the Fever's days in the lottery pool are over for a while. I also think CC's passing will be as important if not more so, than her shooting.

I'd be willing to bet the farm that it was the sudden extra weight RJ was carrying at the time that caused that injury. There was way more stress on her body during that time than it was accustomed to. But now that she's in optimum condition, I really don't worry so much about that leg being a problem for Rickea.
If you saw Kea in person all year, she was fit and trim. She also didn't have a calf injury as an FYI.

If you saw Kea in person all year, she was fit and trim. She also didn't have a calf injury as an FYI.
I think when we hear lower leg, which is what the program said, we generalize calf. Plus that's a general area I watched them treat several times, and which she wore a wrap on sometimes. But exact location doesn't matter, it still wrecked our season.

First WNBA preseason game with Caitlin Clark and Indy Fever against the Dallas Wings coming up at 8 pm est. Free on the WNBA ap. Will be interesting to see how she does, the preseason game is a sell out in Dallas!

Chicago Sky w Angel and Kamilla also playing tonight, but that preseason game is not televised.

I'm working the multi devices tonight, Nashville Predators Playoff hockey game on TV, LV softball clinching SEC reg season championship on the tablet, and the WNBA preseason game on the laptop.

First WNBA preseason game with Caitlin Clark and Indy Fever against the Dallas Wings coming up at 8 pm est. Free on the WNBA ap. Will be interesting to see how she does, the preseason game is a sell out in Dallas!

Chicago Sky w Angel and Kamilla also playing tonight, but that preseason game is not televised.

I'm working the multi devices tonight, Nashville Predators Playoff hockey game on TV, LV softball clinching SEC reg season championship on the tablet, and the WNBA preseason game on the laptop.
Everyone is pissed that the Sky game is not on, but like I said they pick who they want to promote.
IMG_1078.png

Everyone is pissed that the Sky game is not on, but like I said they pick who they want to promote.
View attachment 638412
The link you posted explains it wasn't a "who to promote" choice by the WNBA. The local Bally network had a committment to MLB. They have promoted CC and her first game to the highest hilt, but this was not part of that.

The W is offering the Sparks/Storm preseason game for free on their ap tomorrow night to make it up to you. Jordy and RIckea.

VN Store

Back