2025 Recruiting

So u want every school in the country to do that, or should we be the only one?
We (SCar)) aren’t the only ones doing but we are an example of a place where it works. We paid freshman Tessa Johnson (25) the same as Mizlaysis Fulwiley (13), both have signed a number of private NIL deals since then,

Cardosa made the same $25k base. Everybody equal. No unequal treatment by the school. Private enterprise inequality of pay? Yeah. The American Way!

We (SCar)) aren’t the only ones doing but we are an example of a place where it works. We paid freshman Tessa Johnson (25) the same as Mizlaysis Fulwiley (13), both have signed a number of private NIL deals since then,

Cardosa made the same $25k base. Everybody equal. No unequal treatment by the school. Private enterprise inequality of pay? Yeah. The American Way!
Can you show me a school that didn’t have a pipeline of talent in recent seasons prior and championships before Nil that have done it this way u speak of and has won a championship this way?

Why would private companies give a bunch of money to someone who isn’t a top 5 recruit or proven anything at the college level?

Overpay is good for players like Juju and Kiki, but don’t overpay for average players. We really are just one elite star away from being able to compete.
I've been wondering if this has been the hold up with Ruby. Do you think she is playing hard ball on the NIL negotiations? She wanting that payday?

And obviously, the many young women who play for him, work for him, and all their families do not find Geno 'creepy'. Ditto Kenny Brooks. I'll take their word for it over the word of the internet. Insulting to them not to.
He seems to attract a certain type of player. Snarky, smart *ss types.

Last edited:
Never overpay. Promise ALL recruits ONLY that every player on the team will receive that same smount of pay from the NIL collective,

They can make whatever from their own private NIL deals. That’s up to them based upon performance and personality. ( works for Dawn)
hmmmm interesting. I like the favored nations approach here. Would certainly help keep a cohesive team unit, but wonder if there would be some resentment that someone balling for 30 mins/game is getting the same as a bencher who subs in for a few mins here and there?

Not sure why anyone is arguing with your premise that it is generally better to sign higher ranked player than lower ones. Your probabilities of success go up that way. That is why the #5 ranked player generally has more top schools courting than #50.

CKC is in a bootstrapping mode right now because she does not have a national rep to fall back on. Outside of Vol land, check out the WCBB reddit, she is seen as a massive gamble. So, her three portal signings so far, her assistant coaching hire and keeping just about everyone in the fold are all achievements that should not be undervalued. She has beaten the odds but she is still also pulling herself up by the bootstaps which means she needs to, by the end of next season, not the be "who? from where?" coach but the "she has something really going on" coach. If she does that, then those ranked players will get much more interested.
I agree with this and I think the fans filling up the arena and us getting back to that dynamic, electric environment are also important and big draws for recruits!

I've been wondering if this has been the hold up with Ruby. Do you think she is playing hard ball on the NIL negotiations? She wanting that payday?
I don’t know, but if she’s looking for a payday we can just let her go, she’s not worth it for us. Like I’ve said many times u only overpay for a player that can lead u to a championship.

I don’t know, but if she’s look g for a payday we can just let her go, she’s not worth it for us. Like I e said many times u only overpay for a player that can lead u to a championship.
I'm inclined to agree with you here. She would be a great addition, but if she is stretching this out trying to get a big payday from us, I say pass and bring in a more blue collar, hungry type. We don't need no prima donnas.

Disagree. Sue Bird, Paige, Fudd. Cynical, snarky.
As a dues paying member of the cynical, snarky union, I like Paige B. and Azzi Fudd a whole lot better if that is indeed their persona. Paige has always struck me more as a devout and earnest midwestern type.

But, Candace, Kara, Lex Hornbuckle, Michelle Marciniak, Meighan Simmons, and Cierra Burdick, are just few LVs who also added a little acerbic bite to their game as well.

As a dues paying member of the cynical, snarky union, I like Paige B. and Azzi Fudd a whole lot better if that is indeed their persona. Paige has always struck me more as a devout and earnest midwestern type.

But, Candace, Kara, Lex Hornbuckle, Michelle Marciniak, Meighan Simmons, and Cierra Burdick, are just few LVs who also added a little acerbic bite to their game as well.
I guess more to the point is I feel like Geno players laugh about others behind their backs and make fun of people. None of the LVs you mention strike me as that type. We tend to recruit classy and respectful.

I guess more to the point is I feel like Geno players laugh about others behind their backs and make fun of people. None of the LVs you mention strike me as that type. We tend to recruit classy and respectful.
I’m sorry but WHAT?! 😂 what have they done for you to judge them as that type? Do you know them personally? Nothing on the court would suggest that they make fun of people and laugh at others behind their backs. 🥴😂😂

I’m sorry but WHAT?! 😂 what have they done for you to judge them as that type? Do you know them personally? Nothing on the court would suggest that they make fun of people and laugh at others behind their backs. 🥴😂😂
They play/played for UConn, so that makes them a coven of harlots and the Devil incarnate.

I don’t know, but if she’s looking for a payday we can just let her go, she’s not worth it for us. Like I’ve said many times u only overpay for a player that can lead u to a championship.
Ruby is worth the wait.. her, spencer, and Jewel would be your starters... Not sure who else we are targeting but I think Dauda would be a huge get for us... anyone outside of dauda and ruby wont help us!

Reactions: brittannica
2025s who have posted offers.
# ESPN ranking

#6 Dee Alexander to Cincinati
#38 Aubrey Beckham
#4 Divine Bourrage
#15 Nyla Brooks
#1 Aaliyah Chavez
#3 Jasmine Davidson Not in top 8
#23 Madison Francis
#57 Lena Girardi
#41 Holland Harris
Layla Hayes
#31 Lauren Hurst
#52 Adelaide Jernigan
#7 Zakiyah Johnson
Alyssa Koerkenmeier
#32 Destiny Lunan
#14 Leah Macy to ND
#17 Brynn McGaughy
#48 Jordan Ode To Michigan State
#27 Keeley Parks
#8 Mia Pauldo
#47 Mya Pauldo
#16 Deniya PrawlTC
#9 Emilee Skinner
#33 Lara Somfai
#13 Hailee Swain To Stanford
#49 Janiyah Williams To Oregon

How many scholarships do we have for the 2025 class?

These are the 2025's that I think we should go after

Aaliyah Chavez
Lara Somfai
Holland Harris
Brynn McGaughy
Divine Bourrage
Madison Francis
Aaliyah Crump
Jasmine Davidson
Destiny Luna
Zhen Craft
Emilee Skinner
Bryn Martin
Aniya Foy
Deniya Prawl
Nyla Brooks
Grace Knox
Jordan Speiser
Lauren Hurst

No one else would be good enough to beat South Carolina or UConn

Ruby is worth the wait.. her, spencer, and Jewel would be your starters... Not sure who else we are targeting but I think Dauda would be a huge get for us... anyone outside of dauda and ruby wont help us!

If Ruby comes good. No player is guaranteed a starting spot. Just as good a chance as Jewel Spear, Samara Spencer have to start so does Alyssa Latham, Lazaria Spearman, Sara Puckett, Jillian Hollingshead, and Talaysia Cooper as well as others. If Ruby signs she will compete for a starting spot.

Speaking of Cooper, I watched the McDonald All-American game she played in a few years ago. Easily one of the best in her class. Ruby was on the court as well.
Talaysia scored 15 points 6/9 fg
3/4 3pt.
Lets gooooo.
GBO🍊.

Reactions: 865Orange
I don’t mind waiting, I’m sure the coaches know Lee info than us, yes those 3 should be starters I believe, but I think Cameron Williams would be good for us as well, but not sure we are in on her.

How many scholarships do we have for the 2025 class?

These are the 2025's that I think we should go after

Aaliyah Chavez
Lara Somfai
Holland Harris
Brynn McGaughy
Divine Bourrage
Madison Francis
Aaliyah Crump
Jasmine Davidson
Destiny Luna
Zhen Craft
Emilee Skinner
Bryn Martin
Aniya Foy
Deniya Prawl
Nyla Brooks
Grace Knox
Jordan Speiser
Lauren Hurst

No one else would be good enough to beat South Carolina or UConn
I'd like to point out that Caitlin Clark, Cameron Brink, and next year's likely #2 draft pick Kiki Iriafen were all ranked between 95 and 100 on the hoopgurlz list coming out of high school. So yes, let's aim high 100%, not suggesting "settling" of any sort, but IQ and skill development can make a huge difference in a player's trajectory regardless of their initial ranking.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back