2025 Recruiting

I don’t mind waiting, I’m sure the coaches know Lee info than us, yes those 3 should be starters I believe, but I think Cameron Williams would be good for us as well, but not sure we are in on her.

I heard that Baylor, and a few ACC schools are trying to get Cam Williams

How many scholarships do we have for the 2025 class?

These are the 2025's that I think we should go after

Aaliyah Chavez
Lara Somfai
Holland Harris
Brynn McGaughy
Divine Bourrage
Madison Francis
Aaliyah Crump
Jasmine Davidson
Destiny Luna
Zhen Craft
Emilee Skinner
Bryn Martin
Aniya Foy
Deniya Prawl
Nyla Brooks
Grace Knox
Jordan Speiser
Lauren Hurst

No one else would be good enough to beat South Carolina or UConn
If we can get Brooks, Chavez, and Harris along with our returning roster with the other portal recruits we can beat any team in the country, and that includes USC, UCLA, UCONN, Netre Dame, Texas and Sc.

Reactions: Volsfan2018
I'd like to point out that Caitlin Clark, Cameron Brink, and next year's likely #2 draft pick Kiki Iriafen were all ranked between 95 and 100 on the hoopgurlz list coming out of high school. So yes, let's aim high 100%, not suggesting "settling" of any sort, but IQ and skill development can make a huge difference in a player's trajectory regardless of their initial ranking.
Caitlin Clark was ranked No. 4 and Brink was ranked No. 3 2020 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - espnW 100 - ESPN.. Lady Vols need to recruit players within the Top 30

I'd like to point out that Caitlin Clark, Cameron Brink, and next year's likely #2 draft pick Kiki Iriafen were all ranked between 95 and 100 on the hoopgurlz list coming out of high school. So yes, let's aim high 100%, not suggesting "settling" of any sort, but IQ and skill development can make a huge difference in a player's trajectory regardless of their initial ranking.
Clark and Brink were both top 5 players. Iriafen was at least a top 20 player. Not sure why you think HG ranked them so low, other than their "on a scale of 1-100, how good is this player?" rating. Meaning ratings between 95-100 are pretty much the cream of the crop.

Ruby came in at 97 so if we got her would be along with Cooper the two highest ranked players on the team. Spearman came in the high 90's as well can't remember the exact number. Think Latham was 94 need to look it up.

If Ruby comes good. No player is guaranteed a starting spot. Just as good a chance as Jewel Spear, Samara Spencer have to start so does Alyssa Latham, Lazaria Spearman, Sara Puckett, Jillian Hollingshead, and Talaysia Cooper as well as others. If Ruby signs she will compete for a starting spot.

Speaking of Cooper, I watched the McDonald All-American game she played in a few years ago. Easily one of the best in her class. Ruby was on the court as well.
Talaysia scored 15 points 6/9 fg
3/4 3pt.
Lets gooooo.
GBO🍊.
Cooper is going to ball out kind of like how Rivers did for NC State

Clark and Brink were both top 5 players. Iriafen was at least a top 20 player. Not sure why you think HG ranked them so low, other than their "on a scale of 1-100, how good is this player?" rating. Meaning ratings between 95-100 are pretty much the cream of the crop.
My bad y'all, I was looking at super old rankings from early in their high school careers! Ignore me!

My bad y'all, I was looking at super old rankings from early in their high school careers! Ignore me!
I thought you were talking about their recruiting evaluation number not their numerical ranking. Anyway all the players thus far we've got from the portal were 93 or better with Whitehorn listed as 97.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I thought you were talking about their recruiting evaluation number not their numerical ranking. Anyway all the players thus far we've got from the portal were 93 or better with Whitehorn listed as 97.
Whitehorn, Barker, Dauda.. Those would make us ELIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE in CKC first year!

Just about to post the same thing. I have no idea where the OP got that info about Clark and Beuckers being ranked so low in their class. Geno does not swim in those waters.

The top five Hoopgurlz for the class were Paige, Angel, Cameron, Caitlin, and Kamilla. Those top 4 were also playing for the US junior national team. van Lith was 7, Deja Kelly at 10. PaoPao at 11.

Interestingly, Jewel was ranked 83rd in this class. She is an example of someone out performing their rank.

Rickea was number 5 in her 2019 class (Jiordan Horston was #2, Boston was 3, Hayley Jones #1).

In the 2021 class, Kiki was 19 in her class (which now looks to be low) where Teoni Key was 9 (which now looks to be high).

Of course, these ratings are not foolproof but if you are consistently recruiting from the top 20 for each class (versus 70-90), your odds of success are simply higher.

It is baffling how it has suddenly become "negavoling" to state that the LV's program would benefit from signing more high ranked, high school players.

I had thought this point was an inarguable fact... Didn't we use to celebrate when the LVs had the # 1 or 2 ranked classes in the country?

Just about to post the same thing. I have no idea where the OP got that info about Clark and Beuckers being ranked so low in their class. Geno does not swim in those waters.

The top five Hoopgurlz for the class were Paige, Angel, Cameron, Caitlin, and Kamilla. Those top 4 were also playing for the US junior national team. van Lith was 7, Deja Kelly at 10. PaoPao at 11.

Interestingly, Jewel was ranked 83rd in this class. She is an example of someone out performing their rank.

Rickea was number 5 in her 2019 class (Jiordan Horston was #2, Boston was 3, Hayley Jones #1).

In the 2021 class, Kiki was 19 in her class (which now looks to be low) where Teoni Key was 9 (which now looks to be high).

Of course, these ratings are not foolproof but if you are consistently recruiting from the top 20 for each class (versus 70-90), your odds of success are simply higher.

It is baffling how it has suddenly become "negavoling" to state that the LV's program would benefit from signing more high ranked, high school players.

I had thought this point was an inarguable fact... Didn't we use to celebrate when the LVs had the # 1 or 2 ranked classes in the country?
It started during the Kellie years, when people were trying to argue that a class of Brooklyn Miles, Kaiya Wynn, Sara Puckett and Karoline Striplin was a huge haul. They were/are serviceable for depth, but weren't gonna move the needle. I suppose the same is true for Latham and Spearman. Spencer is more of a proven commodity, but the same people sh!tting all over Deja Kelly being small and a low percentage volume shooter seemed to not have the same issue with the shorter and poorer shooting Spencer.

I think CKC did a good job bolstering the roster with the portal to make up for the graduating losses that weren't addressed for due to lack of incoming recruits, but much like Kellie's first class, I don't think that they're enough to move Tennessee into the top 1/3 of the SEC and not enough to warrant a pre-season ranking. There are still gaps in the roster that need to be filled.

Jewel is IMO just another one of those players that the recruiting services got wrong. There's always one every year that makes you raise your eyebrows when you see how overlooked they were by the HS scouts. Back in the day, both Tennessee and UConn didn't give Alana Beard a second look, and she was an impact player from the time she stepped foot at Duke. Probably less about outperforming their rank and more that they were inappropriately scouted.

It started during the Kellie years, when people were trying to argue that a class of Brooklyn Miles, Kaiya Wynn, Sara Puckett and Karoline Striplin was a huge haul. They were/are serviceable for depth, but weren't gonna move the needle. I suppose the same is true for Latham and Spearman. Spencer is more of a proven commodity, but the same people sh!tting all over Deja Kelly being small and a low percentage volume shooter seemed to not have the same issue with the shorter and poorer shooting Spencer.

I think CKC did a good job bolstering the roster with the portal to make up for the graduating losses that weren't addressed for due to lack of incoming recruits, but much like Kellie's first class, I don't think that they're enough to move Tennessee into the top 1/3 of the SEC and not enough to warrant a pre-season ranking. There are still gaps in the roster that need to be filled.

Jewel is IMO just another one of those players that the recruiting services got wrong. There's always one every year that makes you raise your eyebrows when you see how overlooked they were by the HS scouts. Back in the day, both Tennessee and UConn didn't give Alana Beard a second look, and she was an impact player from the time she stepped foot at Duke. Probably less about outperforming their rank and more that they were inappropriately scouted.
That’s why I always give my honest assessment of a player and not just overhype because they chose us, but I will say I think Latham is the real deal but that’s all I can say about the players we got so far. I was going to mention the Deja Kelly shooting % in comparison to Spencer but decided not to because I know they would find a way to spin it, but thanks for that.

watched a lot of WBB--- Spencer shoots a lot of bad shots/out of control. does not play hard..she is just a piece to plug a hole until the coaching staff can recruit 2025-2027. The lady vols just need to win 24+ games this season to stay in the hunt for program changers in the hs class.

I guess more to the point is I feel like Geno players laugh about others behind their backs and make fun of people. None of the LVs you mention strike me as that type. We tend to recruit classy and respectful.
Immature players. How old are Taurasi and Bird? Still flipping birds and dissing players from decades ago.

Reactions: Ratvol
That’s why I always give my honest assessment of a player and not just overhype because they chose us, but I will say I think Latham is the real deal but that’s all I can say about the players we got so far. I was going to mention the Deja Kelly shooting % in comparison to Spencer but decided not to because I know they would find a way to spin it, but thanks for that.
Latham looks good, but she hasn't been good on a consistent basis to warrant a firm opinion on her. I know nothing about Spearman. Spencer wasn't highly ranked, but she had a great freshman year but got progressively worse (along with the rest of the team).

watched a lot of WBB--- Spencer shoots a lot of bad shots/out of control. does not play hard..
Spencer absolutely took a lot of bad shots and plays out of control, but I wonder how much of that was due to the team vs. her. I disagree that she does not play hard. I never saw her quit in the games I watched (and some of them were so brutal I'm surprised that the Homicide Investigative Unit wasn't called in)

Spencer absolutely took a lot of bad shots and plays out of control, but I wonder how much of that was due to the team vs. her. I disagree that she does not play hard. I never saw her quit in the games I watched (and some of them were so brutal I'm surprised that the Homicide Investigative Unit wasn't called in)
lol

Latham looks good, but she hasn't been good on a consistent basis to warrant a firm opinion on her. I know nothing about Spearman. Spencer wasn't highly ranked, but she had a great freshman year but got progressively worse (along with the rest of the team).
I’m basically saying she has the tools, now who knows if she will put in the work and put it all together, but I’ll say she has the tools I look for in a player that can be successful.

Going to say this then dip out… Lazaria Spearman was highly ranked out of HS and final 3 was Louisville, Miami, and South Carolina. She has been good in her two years at Miami. The South Carolina fans still follow Zee and show her a lot of love. She will thrive in Knoxville. If someone is unfamiliar there’s a lot out there on Spearman to look at.

Samara Spencer shows up on the court. I do not care about shooting percentage. HS rankings or none of the above. She won SEC Freshman of the Year and coming to a program like Tennessee could put her on a path to become SEC POY.

And then there’s Alyssa Latham. A name to watch for in the 2024-2025 season as one of the top sophomores in WBB.

Her highlights jump out.. simple as that. She was consistent enough on the big stage even as a freshman to be one of the best players on a Syracuse team that won some big games this past season. That NCAA tourney game against UCONN was tough and she kept battling and help give her team a chance to win it in the end.

This is one of the best portal classes in WBB and I expected them to add some more pieces.

VN Store

Back