247 Sports has updated team recruited talent rankings

I wouldn’t say there meaningless, I would just say that a team being together a few years with a competent coach is of more value. (WVU) I feel we Pull out a Win tonight guys! I’m like a 5 year old at Christmas!, I woke up at 3am and haven’t been able to go back to sleep. Regardless, I’m going to be there screaming my guts out till the game is over with my boy! GBO!
You peaked too early. Take a nap.

Talent rankings? That's stupid. They have "talent rankings" after every week by polling coaches and media.

We have under developed and lost promising players under Jones. These kids could use some strength conditioning.

Reality per what I read on this Board
Those that are/were good to great Dobbs, Barnett etc...were good despite Butch
Those that are/were under archivers Richmond, Kongbo etc... were caused by Butch

Explain one thing about Dobbs' game that was a direct result of Butch's excellent coaching. I'll wait.

Yeah you can throw this out the window. Again I say on any given day any given team can be beaten. Also on any given day they can loose.

Loose, lol. When are the illiterates going to get this right? I have been seeing this same grammar idiocy for almost 10 years on this site.

You make a great point. We hear frequently by many on this board, "Bama wins because they have 5 stars backing up 5 stars." Yet the same posters with a straight face will promote we stink because we don't have enough 5 stars. If we have a talent level that demonstrates we have more and better talent than some of our opponents yet we lose to them then one could conclude there is more to football success than just "the Jimmies and the Joes."
But what’s missing is these ratings are a snapshot in time from anywhere from a few months to a few years ago. These players have either developed or not from the original rankings. So it can be true that Jimmies and Joes mean most while recruiting rankings aren’t a great measure of talent.

This idea that we have talent needs to die a 1000 fiery deaths. Our roster may have been considered talented when it graduated high school, but it hasn't been developed. We are not talented now, and now is all that matters.

Reactions: NomadVol

VN Store

Back