247 Updated Bowl Destinations

Gator Bowl
Where: Jacksonville, Fla.
Projected matchup: Michigan vs. Tennessee
Quick bite: Let's say the Vols beat Mizzou and Vanderbilt to end the regular season 7-5 with five consecutive wins entering bowl season. Tennessee would be an attractive option for Jacksonville. Considering the Vols would have the same record as Texas A&M, who played in this game last season, we've been told the Gator Bowl committee would favor Orange. That could send the Aggies to the Texas Bowl (or elsewhere).

Has UF going to Citrus
Bonagura of ESPN online predicts Tennessee will play Illinois in the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl while Schlabach of ESPN online predicts Tennessee will play Iowa in the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl:cool:

Reactions: feathersax
Michigan would be beatable if they finish the season poorly and don't give a s**t about that bowl game. If they get blown out by Ohio St in the finale, I can't imagine their mental makeup and motivation coming into a bowl game would be great. We'd be a huge underdog against them though regardless.
Bingo

Bonagura of ESPN online predicts Tennessee will play Illinois in the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl while Schlabach of ESPN online predicts Tennessee will play Iowa in the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl:cool:
Tells you everything you need to know about Schlabach. Iowa isn’t available for the Gator Bowl because of the aforementioned tie-in structure that the big ten uses.

Notre Dame... Michigan. I would love it.

Beating down Michigan would give us a nice hype train going into the last signing day and 2020.

Reactions: Lane Train 4
Gator Bowl
Where: Jacksonville, Fla.
Projected matchup: Michigan vs. Tennessee
Quick bite: Let's say the Vols beat Mizzou and Vanderbilt to end the regular season 7-5 with five consecutive wins entering bowl season. Tennessee would be an attractive option for Jacksonville. Considering the Vols would have the same record as Texas A&M, who played in this game last season, we've been told the Gator Bowl committee would favor Orange. That could send the Aggies to the Texas Bowl (or elsewhere).

Has UF going to Citrus
I think only the old heads will get that reference.

Reactions: vols72
Most have us projected for the gator bowl, but with several different options with who we might be playing. I would be ok with the Michigan option.
I just dont think Michigan drops that far down but with Minnesota emerging its possible

Ok who wins
Penn State or Alabama. - Bama
Florida or Michigan - Florida
Auburn or Wisconsin - Auburn
Minnesota or UGA - UGA ( has more depth and speed)
Tennessee or Indiana- TN
A&M or Illinois - A&M
Iowa or Kentucky
- Iowa’

Going to Fl in the winter is nice, but I have to admit, if we were Nashville bound, it wouldn't bother me for a minute. Nashville is a fun town to visit.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back