3 Seconds

I guess they've rewritten the rule where a move counts to reset the 3sec. Ridiculous with a guy like that

Reactions: Voltopia
I guess they've rewritten the rule where a move counts to reset the 3sec. Ridiculous with a guy like that

They have. Now if a player is leaving the paint the count is paused. It used to only reset when having actually left the paint (and players had to be out within the 3 seconds) or a shot is taken.

This is what the NCAA 2023-2024 rule book says.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240331_171033_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20240331_171033_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 42
This is what the NCAA 2023-2024 rule book says.

I’ve been misinterpreting that for the last week. I thought that moving away from the paint suspended the count. It appears that making a move toward the basket is what suspends it.

I still don’t know why they’ve stopped calling it. Edey had a bunch of 5+ second loiters in the paint.

He camped out down there. Should of been called several times.. Along with some elbows, hip check screens and about 3 or 4 traveling violations..

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratvol
Might as well tear that page out of the rule book. Edey should have been called 8-10 times and most of the time it was 6-8 seconds.
Lord what didnt he get away with today .mongo walked about everytime he got the ball .how many elbows did he get away with .dude had to play a physical game .but for him to get called for only 1 foul ..really

VN Store

Back