Alabama sort of got screwed with the traveling call

I'd be pi$$ed if I was Bama. They let players do that the entire game. Unfortunately, today's game is molded by players like LeBron, Harden, Durant, etc who play without fundamentals and travel, charge, carry at will. These players mold their game after their idols and it cost Bama today. Dude shuffled his feet when he caught the ball. It was a walk, although it is rarely called.

I say it's a make up call for that bogus 4th foul they called on Grant that wiped off a TN bucket and possible free throw and ended up with a Bama bucket.

I'd be pi$$ed if I was Bama. They let players do that the entire game. Unfortunately, today's game is molded by players like LeBron, Harden, Durant, etc who play without fundamentals and travel, charge, carry at will. These players mold their game after their idols and it cost Bama today. Dude shuffled his feet when he caught the ball. It was a walk, although it is rarely called.

I say it's a make up call for that bogus 4th foul they called on Grant that wiped off a TN bucket and possible free throw and ended up with a Bama bucket.
You said that right about today's game, it is street ball now. When I played they called palming the ball which is never called anymore and traveling. When a charge was called the player had to be set and not just jump in front of the ball carrier suddenly. Officiating has gotten too loose.

It happened so fast at a critical time that I was actually really impressed. You had to watch in slow mo to see the travel.

But in the same vein, how did they call that terrible charge on Williams earlier? (Not the obvious one)

A walk is a walk, and he walked... but refs don't usually call it that close in the final seconds of a tight game, UNLESS it's a make-up call, which it was for the no-call on Grant's "and One"!

The officiating has been pretty terrible and very inconsistent. Some games the refs let everyone get away with assaulting each other on the court and some games you can't breath on the opposing team without having a foul called. I can't imagine it makes game prep easy. Hell, if I was a coach in this league I would spend as much time watching film of the officiating crew as I would the opposing team, and that is sad.

The fundamentals thing I hate. I no longer watch the NBA.

Carrying is even atrocious among college ball handlers but rarely called.

Grant was totally screwed on the offensive foul call on him. It was a huge play in the game

OP. He clearly traveled. But, they let worse go regularly. The problem that got him in trouble was the fact that he kinda tripped and one of his feet kinda flopped around like a red flag waving. Looked worse than it was. But it was absolutely a travel.

VN Store

Back