Alabama sort of got screwed with the traveling call

A win is a win. Real time it certainly didn’t look to be, but when they did a frame by frame, it appeared he started stepping before putting the ball down on the floor. I thought some foul calls were poorly called against the Vols as well.

Reactions: 10acvols
It shouldn't have been a travel, it should have been a foul. He hooked his arm around the defender's leg.
It was a travel before it was a foul, but I was watching it on my phone with the volume off and until I saw highlights later I just assumed they called the hook because it was so obvious.

You could tell it was a walk because the rhythm was seemed off.

Last edited:
Reactions: macrovol
Could have called either one, offensive foul or a travel. I'm just glad they blew their whistle

At Bama, that wouldn’t have got called.

It’s nice for a change that the official called a clear travel.

Could have called either one, offensive foul or a travel. I'm just glad they blew their whistle

No doubt. 23 would have taken on a quadruple team and pulled off a spinning hook shot with eyes closed, and drained it for the win at that point. He was unconscious and didn't miss the entire 2nd half until Grant blocked the previous shot. There's was some kinda magic in that HAIR!

Reactions: 1985Vols
Clearly a walk even in real time. He caught the ball with his right foot on the ground and left in the air. Then put down left foot and lifted right foot. So worst case left foot is pivot foot and has to stay down until dribble. Then he lifts left foot and puts down right foot before dribble. So he changed pivot feet. Then he does it again before dribble. Picks up right and puts down left. Then drops ball out of his hands for dribble. He changed pivot foot not once, but twice.

Anything to atone for the call on Williams where the defender slid into his path about a foot and a half inside the circle. When they showed the replay, the crowd seemingly unanimously agreed with me.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
Clearly a walk even in real time. He caught the ball with his right foot on the ground and left in the air. Then put down left foot and lifted right foot. So worst case left foot is pivot foot and has to stay down until dribble. Then he lifts left foot and puts down right foot before dribble. So he changed pivot feet. Then he does it again before dribble. Picks up right and puts down left. Then drops ball out of his hands for dribble. He changed pivot foot not once, but twice.
Unbelievable that Antoine Walker ( former UK player of course) said on the SEC Network that the "refs should not decide the game and should have not made that call. ". Really Antoine, so only call walking if it might not determine the outcome of a game? What an assanine statement

A win is a win. Real time it certainly didn’t look to be, but when they did a frame by frame, it appeared he started stepping before putting the ball down on the floor. I thought some foul calls were poorly called against the Vols as well.
And the fact is that even if you think he didn’t travel there’s no question he hooked Schofield. Either way it is an illegal offensive play.

Hope we play better in their house, the calls my go differently. I missed the 16-0 run to open the second half.

.... that’s what it’s all about !!!

You either don't call the charge on grant and dont call the travel, or call the charge on grant and call the travel. It was fair.

VN Store

Back