Why do we struggle against Bama?

Didn't they beat us, last year. Badly? I remember hoping that UK would beat them, in the conference tourney semi-final. So we wouldn't have to play them, again.

They have some good athletes and Petty hit everything today. Bama also made some defensive adjustments in the second half.
They clamped down on Williams, and UT went cold from three.

Reactions: lynnh
Well coached--I like Avery and he's a good motivator. Plus they've had two pretty athletic teams the last two years. Petty was unconscious shooting today and we had a bad shooting day. Great teams lose all the time in basketball--and Bama is a team that plays hard and can hang with anybody if they're shooting well.

Well coached--I like Avery and he's a good motivator. Plus they've had two pretty athletic teams the last two years. Petty was unconscious shooting today and we had a bad shooting day. Great teams lose all the time in basketball--and Bama is a team that plays hard and can hang with anybody if they're shooting well.

I don’t think Avery is all that good of a coach.

Recruiter maybe.

Reactions: Plateauvol
Seems like the rim was smaller on the Vol bench's end of the court. Both teams shot horribly on that end.

Being #1 if we won I think got in their head and made them tight!! Only thing that makes much sense to me. I was thinking in the 1st half everyone would have to go cold for us to lose to someone, and I thought that would be impossible with how many ways we can score. Dang I guess they showed me it can happen. Really glad we pulled it out. Having #1 target on us will only help battle test us come tourney time!! GBO

They clamped down on Williams, and UT went cold from three.
They played excellent Defense. In a nutshell, that is it.
WE forced a few shots, was out rebounded, and they got most of the loose balls. Williams had 2-3 critical turn overs in the second half they got a lot of open threes in the second half. A lot of things for Barns to clean up. Vols will beat Vandy.

Alabama is a good team. They would likely be undefeated in league play if they had made their free throws. They did beat KY.

The last previous three times we have beat them in Thompson boling it was a combined 9 points. They’ve been beating us regularly for a while. Since 1972 28-39.

It’s annoying as f***, but they seem to be a thorn even when their season isn’t going well. When they’ve struggled like they have this year, these close calls piss me off even more.

It’s nice to beat them, but I’d love to destroy them.

VN Store

Back