Why do we struggle against Bama?

Player w a career day
We were lackadaisical
Second straight year w struggled w Hall. His length bothered us
Got killed on the boards
Cold from 3

Great teams win ugly games. Bama played well and probably deserved to win. We edged them out in this one though. A W is a W.

Reactions: wmcovol
Great teams win ugly games. Bama played well and probably deserved to win. We edged them out in this one though. A W is a W.
I wouldn't go that far. It's a 40 minute game and they only outplayed us for 20. Also, free throws matter... you shoot 8-18 - that will get you beat in a close game.

Sometimes you run into that one team that just matches up with you better than everybody else and in this case it appears to be Alabama...They have excellent athletes and are better than their record indicates.

C-bob_display_image.png

Who does this remind you of?

Carolina, Duke, Kansas, Ky, etc win games when they don’t play good and their fan bases don’t apologize or say “we were lucky”. They mark it in the W column and move on. If Tennessee is a top 5 team like they appear to be, Vol fans gotta start acting like it. Vols won cause they were better at the critical stages in that game and survived a career game by bama player. That’s what top teams do.

BECAUSE---Alabama is in Tennessee's head. And that is just the cold hard truth. Even when we are supposed to whip em, we either lose or barely get a W. Pisses me off. Been that way since 1972.

I am curious. Thoughts?
UT got pulled outside, guarding way beyond the arc, which opened a lot for them to attack the lane. Happened over and over. I thought Barnes would go to a zone. Bama was very active and used a tone of motion and hard screens.
Once again, I thought the officials allowed our opponent a lot of leeway.

UT got pulled outside, guarding way beyond the arc, which opened a lot for them to attack the lane. Happened over and over. I thought Barnes would go to a zone. Bama was very active and used a tone of motion and hard screens.
Once again, I thought the officials allowed our opponent a lot of leeway.
He tried a zone for one play that I remember and they gave up a wide open 3 in the corner so he a abandoned it immediately.

They are athletic and have ridiculously long arms. That messed up our offense. Grant struggled against DH. Petty was simply on fire for awhile.

Reactions: Steven5198
BECAUSE---Alabama is in Tennessee's head. And that is just the cold hard truth. Even when we are supposed to whip em, we either lose or barely get a W. Pisses me off. Been that way since 1972.
Almost the same as UF in football. We have the better team a lot and even a lead and still lose. Need to just put teams away and keep them down. In this game they laid off Petty or turned their back and he quickly darted to an open position and his teammates knew he was hot and got the ball to him before UT's defender could recover. Wide open shot with no pressure. G.Williams blocked his final 3 pt. attempt or it would have probaly hit too. It balances out because Admiral shot the lights out awhile back when he had 30-35 pt. game against Gonzaga. Chit happens.

Bama is a poor mans UK with more experience on the team but less talent. Similar in length and athleticism.

Alabama has wins over Arizona and Kentucky. They're not a pushover squad.

Sometimes you run into that one team that just matches up with you better than everybody else and in this case it appears to be Alabama...They have excellent athletes and are better than their record indicates.
Spot-on. Sometimes it's just the match-ups.

VN Store

Back