Female assistant to men's college basketball team

I guess there is some good reason for this, but I can't see it. The only comment or thought the comes to me is "Vandy is always trying to be liberal, all inclusive, socially correct, and elitist. I do find the statement that she will not be a "ball coach" interesting. Young men full of piss and vinegar would be hard pressed to listen to a women tell them how to play rough and tumble basketball to my way of thinking.

I guess there is some good reason for this, but I can't see it. The only comment or thought the comes to me is "Vandy is always trying to be liberal, all inclusive, socially correct, and elitist. I do find the statement that she will not be a "ball coach" interesting. Young men full of piss and vinegar would be hard pressed to listen to a women tell them how to play rough and tumble basketball to my way of thinking.
In what way does trying to include a female on staff contribute to Vandy being “elitist”? If anything, it’s the opposite.
Also, if anything it’s more socially correct to have an all male staff for men’s basketball...it’s more progressive to include a woman if she can do the job.

You are sexist and should examine your way of thinking and why. Using your logic, men shouldn’t coach women either. But I’m assuming women are naturally docile and submissive so they have no issue being coached by a man.

Nope, just dissecting misogynistic logic and calling out sexism where it’s found. Be sure to re-read my comment and know it applies to you as well.

You can apply any label you want to me, I embrace it. You're the typical little leftist that wants to play the sexism, racism, homophobia, xenophobia, and any other card you can to fit your twisted narrative on how your little Utopian society should be.

In what way does trying to include a female on staff contribute to Vandy being “elitist”? If anything, it’s the opposite.
Also, if anything it’s more socially correct to have an all male staff for men’s basketball...it’s more progressive to include a woman if she can do the job.

What if she isn’t the best candidate?

I have been to places of business and the employee had no clue what to do. The owners nephew, maybe, who needed a job after completing college? Were there more qualified or more competent candidates?

How about I go to the bank and deal with the loan officer & she messed up my paperwork 3 times? Obviously, that was an Affirmative Action hire

Why can’t people just hire the most competent & most qualified?

You don’t see the NBA using Affirmative Action to decide which players make the team. Only the ones who are good make the team

You can apply any label you want to me, I embrace it. You're the typical little leftist that wants to play the sexism, racism, homophobia, xenophobia, and any other card you can to fit your twisted narrative on how your little Utopian society should be.

A woman in a position of power over men threatens something inside of you. Find out what that is. I don’t know your age or sex. I don’t know what you do for a living or anything about your upbringing—or lack thereof. But what I do know is you can’t stop progress. Enjoy the view.

I have been to places of business and the employee had no clue what to do. The owners nephew, maybe, who needed a job after completing college? Were there more qualified or more competent candidates?

How about I go to the bank and deal with the loan officer & she messed up my paperwork 3 times? Obviously, that was an Affirmative Action hire

Why can’t people just hire the most competent & most qualified?

You don’t see the NBA using Affirmative Action to decide which players make the team. Only the ones who are good make the team

Nicki worked with Jerry in the past. I think the situation is that he's hiring someone he's comfortable with who happens to be a woman. She's also not projected to be one of the 3 main assistants, so this announcement is hardly notable or newsworthy...for good or for bad.

You have to figure Stackhouse wants to hire a staff that'll put him in the best position to win. People don't land multi-year SEC coaching contracts and immediately be like "okay, how can I simultaneously torpedo my career and also look like an awesome social justice warrior?" Dude surely wants to win. He thinks Nicki Gross will help Vandy win. Time will tell. And I mean come on, Stackhouse was one of the dudes named for getting sexual favors at the Gold Club in Atlanta back in the day. Not exactly the first person you'd think of to say has a leftist agenda going on.

Reactions: gmoneydt
You have to figure Stackhouse wants to hire a staff that'll put him in the best position to win. People don't land multi-year SEC coaching contracts and immediately be like "okay, how can I simultaneously torpedo my career and also look like an awesome social justice warrior?" Dude surely wants to win. He thinks Nicki Gross will help Vandy win. Time will tell. And I mean come on, Stackhouse was one of the dudes named for getting sexual favors at the Gold Club in Atlanta back in the day. Not exactly the first person you'd think of to say has a leftist agenda going on.

Look at what Disney did as soon as it bought Star Wars. The SJW message overrode the need to put out a decent product.

Look at the DOD forcing females into Marine combat officer slots. The SJW aspect superseded combat needs.

Now having said that, can she coach? Probably. Is she the best assistant coach to be interveiwed? No idea. If this blows up in Vandys face will it be her fault? No, this will be a resume bullet for her win or lose.

As to the last line about strip clubs. Yes, yes that would fit the hypocritical nature of most left elitist.

Reactions: iBleedOrangeWhite
I hate vanderbilt and am glad they did this to themselves but have to ask: is this the best you could do? I truly want them to lose every game and thought that would happen with the last coach. This is truly laughable. laughable all the way to the bank. First Tennessee bank. totally laughable. what a douche bag. so let me get this right? This NBA g-league coach is the best vanderbilt athletics could do? no. they could've done better but I'll be happy to see them lose twice to Tennessee this year, whether this person is coaching or sitting on the bench in silence. pathetic Vanderbilt social construct

Reactions: feathersax

I work closely with a large, I'll just say "company" in the southeast US. A couple years ago the marketing director retired. This person was cutting edge and had a major + impact. When replacement time came, a colleague of mine was in the interview processes.

About a dozen interviews were held. A handful we're phenomenal candidates according to the story. The Board overrode all recommendations and offered the position to you know who. A particular gender of a particular group.

In the years to follow my business (and theirs) has dropped 35%. Since 2008, we we're riding about an 800% increase in 8 years. Company revenues have similarly suffered. Long term employees have started jumping ship left and right, who are related to the situation. Morale is literally like I've never seen it before, in a negative way.

And rest assured nobody is going to lift a finger to fix the problem.

This is a tragic situation that has nothing to do with a powerful person's gender or grouping. It has everything to do with a corrupted and discriminatory system (officially) of leadership that is in process of wrecking to this company.

This is what happens when corrupt people attempt to put on a false front for others, instead of pursuing success by hiring the absolute best person possible.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Don’t understand why this is such a big deal. If anything it should be a positive. Greg Popovich has had an assistant female coach for the last couple of years now. Those guys seem to respect her and respond the same way as they do for any other coach. I think he pretty much sums it up in one of his interviews.

“She knows her stuff. She's confident. The he-she thing doesn't fit at all. She's a coach, and just happens to be a she. That's it. If it was a he, and more qualified, I would have hired a he. But this she was qualified, and that's who I wanted."

Gender, race, religion, sexuality, etc. should have zero impact on getting a job or not. All that should matter is are you qualified? End of story.

A woman in a position of power over men threatens something inside of you. Find out what that is. I don’t know your age or sex. I don’t know what you do for a living or anything about your upbringing—or lack thereof. But what I do know is you can’t stop progress. Enjoy the view.

I have never posted on this forum before. But I would to break the silence and applaud you on your articulate thoughts highlighting the earlier posts.

P.S, I am not a liberal.

An 18-22 year old man will never respect woman trying to tell him how to do something that she cannot do. End of story. This Is simply Vanderbilt trying to get some pc points.

VN Store

Back