Giving credit where it’s due.

I really don’t like Either of them.
But Mullen and Muschamp had very good backup QBs ready when needed.
I wish we had settled on a backup in early August and given them more reps.

You're giving each credit for benching their better quarterbacks until their lesser quarterbacks got injured?

Guess I am confused.

Reactions: vols40 and TJSVOLS

Kentucky is also playing their back up QB and he played well vs UF

Reactions: awaitingawin
You're giving each credit for benching their better quarterbacks until their lesser quarterbacks got injured?

Guess I am confused.
No, I’m crediting them for having their second guy ready...and playing well.

That’s all kinds of sad.
Its true until someone can provide a valid reason for not having a prepared backup before the season started.

Its another reason they brought on the kid from Maryland.

The first 2 games were far closer than most believed. No time for trial and error. When the chance to play both, both played.

Reactions: TJSVOLS
It’s a Tennessee thing

Kentucky is also playing their back up QB and he played well vs UF

Well, he is a junior. I'd expect him to be at least functional. Same for the UF backup. He's a RS junior. Believe Mullen commented how fortunate they were that a qb like Trask didn't transfer out when Franks won the job. Where are the guys who came in after JG? Where are Dormady and McBride? Yep...transferred out. Leaving us with two very young backups.

I will say that Pruitt made a big mistake in not getting a grad transfer who could help immediately. Hindsight as they say...

FL’s backup is a RS-Jr. UT’s is a RS-Fr. he has had a few more years in the system to develop.

South Carolina's is a true freshman. Not really seeing your point with omitting this information. The original post includes several QB's not just Florida.

Reactions: Alto1 and Vfl2407
Think of yourself as one of the backups. You see JGs passes in practice and you notice at the end of every day that you missed a few as well as he did. You see him throw ints in practice. You may have thrown one too. Meanwhile your head coach is blasting you both on national media for being inconsistent and throwing ints. Then comes game day and you watch as JG makes a habit of throwing bad balls, ints, poor decisions and a lack of fire. To the world you’re already known as less of a qb due to your HC throwing you under the bus for the exact same things we all watch on Saturdays out of JG. What would that do to your confidence?

South Carolina's is a true freshman. Not really seeing your point with omitting this information. The original post includes several QB's not just Florida.
I watch college football all Saturday because I have no life. You see many competent Fr and RFr playing well at QB.

Reactions: Alto1

VN Store

Back