Pruitt wouldnt survive a 1-7 record.

Vfl2407

I only know one “connected” person in Knoxville.
He told me that if we lose the next 5, that the money people would pony up the buyout.
We have never started 1-7. That would be too big an embarrassment for our big donors.
Fulmer would be interim and they would go after a “proven power 5 winner”. (I laughed when he said that but he says you don’t know how angry Georgia State made them).

So, can we win one of these next 5:
At Florida
Georgia (after a bye week)
MSU
At Bama
USC

Pruitt has to just win one of those games and then get 2 more out of UAB, UK, MU, Vandy.
But, one of those two wins must be Vandy.
Our donors could, I’m told, live with 4-8 and 2 SEC wins if we don’t finish last in the East and Pruitt can hang onto Bailey and a decent 25-30 ranked recruiting class.

If we can somehow win tomorrow, the only sure losses left are UGA and Bama.
But, if we get our clocks cleaned by UF, we may just fall apart.

*** Many grains of salt needed, of course. This is just one guy. But, he’s not a liar and he’s a wealthy blue blood and travels in circles that I could never get anywhere.near.

I am not worried about Pruitt losing his job. The only way he needs to worry is if we go winless the rest of the year. PF will give him another year no matter the record this year. Another coaches search is the last thing we need right now. This is going to take time.

Kind of reminds me of the Gruden thread with all these "connected" people yet not one person will list the source or even how they are connected or a job title.

Reactions: 08Vol and Remy
sorry but no proven power 5 winner coach would come here if Pruitt was fired after only 2 years...
what if that coach struggled the first couple years also.. we fire him too...
we have to stop this coaching carousel we have been doing...
we need stability right now....

Pruitt's buyout after this year is $9+M. And this doesn't include the high priced asst coaches. No way they pony up that kind of money and I don't see Fulmer supporting it either. Pruitt is his guy and he has given Pruitt a blank check. Not to mention the $ it would take to get Myer or other big name coaches.

He told me that if we lose the next 5, that the money people would pony up the buyout.
We have never started 1-7. That would be too big an embarrassment for our big donors.
Fulmer would be interim and they would go after a “proven power 5 winner”. (I laughed when he said that but he says you don’t know how angry Georgia State made them).

At Florida
MSU
At Bama
USC

Pruitt has to just win one of those games and then get 2 more out of UAB, UK, MU, Vandy.
Our donors could, I’m told, live with 4-8 and 2 SEC wins if we don’t finish last in the East and Pruitt can hang onto Bailey and a decent 25-30 ranked recruiting class.

*** Many grains of salt needed, of course. This is just one guy. But, he’s not a liar and he’s a wealthy blue blood and travels in circles that I could never get anywhere.near.
I don’t doubt anything you’ve said. My experience around Knoxville’s extremely wealthy is that they like to run their mouths and make all sorts of empty threats. At the end of the day, they rarely back up threats like the one you’ve described. They don’t get rich by being stupid with money.

I don’t doubt anything you’ve said. My experience around Knoxville’s extremely wealthy is that they like to run their mouths and make all sorts of empty threats. At the end of the day, they rarely back up threats like the one you’ve described. They don’t get rich by being stupid with money.
It's OK though if they've got daddy's money, like little Jimmy.

At Florida
MSU
At Bama
USC

The "money people," and their puppets in the admin, are the ones who have run this into the ground.

Pruitt will not be fired this year regardless of the win/loss record. If they wanted to pony up for a top level coach there has been ample opportunity over the last decade.
2020 Football Time In Tennessee will be interesting reading if Tennessee finishes 2-10;)

At Florida
MSU
At Bama
USC

1569006960489.gif

VN Store

Back