Pruitt wouldnt survive a 1-7 record.

I only know one “connected” person in Knoxville.
He told me that if we lose the next 5, that the money people would pony up the buyout.
We have never started 1-7. That would be too big an embarrassment for our big donors.
Fulmer would be interim and they would go after a “proven power 5 winner”. (I laughed when he said that but he says you don’t know how angry Georgia State made them).

So, can we win one of these next 5:
At Florida
Georgia (after a bye week)
MSU
At Bama
USC

Pruitt has to just win one of those games and then get 2 more out of UAB, UK, MU, Vandy.
But, one of those two wins must be Vandy.
Our donors could, I’m told, live with 4-8 and 2 SEC wins if we don’t finish last in the East and Pruitt can hang onto Bailey and a decent 25-30 ranked recruiting class.

If we can somehow win tomorrow, the only sure losses left are UGA and Bama.
But, if we get our clocks cleaned by UF, we may just fall apart.

*** Many grains of salt needed, of course. This is just one guy. But, he’s not a liar and he’s a wealthy blue blood and travels in circles that I could never get anywhere.near.

The money people wouldn't even pony up to hire a coach to buyout Kiffin's leftovers and forced them on Dooley......

People who think big money would pony to pay 10+ million to can Pruitt on top of Butch are clowns.

Also regardless of record, this staff can easily pull in a top 25 recruiting class. Also the best players this year are the guys who Pruitt recruited.

I don’t believe he survives 2-10.
I think it'd probably have to be that bad for them to consider it. At that point, a buyout looks relatively cheap because the alternative might be 50k people in the stadium for a number of home games in 2020. They'd consider firing him to do something, anything, to regenerate some enthusiasm.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
He told me that if we lose the next 5, that the money people would pony up the buyout.
We have never started 1-7. That would be too big an embarrassment for our big donors.
Fulmer would be interim and they would go after a “proven power 5 winner”. (I laughed when he said that but he says you don’t know how angry Georgia State made them).

At Florida
MSU
At Bama
USC

Pruitt has to just win one of those games and then get 2 more out of UAB, UK, MU, Vandy.
Our donors could, I’m told, live with 4-8 and 2 SEC wins if we don’t finish last in the East and Pruitt can hang onto Bailey and a decent 25-30 ranked recruiting class.

*** Many grains of salt needed, of course. This is just one guy. But, he’s not a liar and he’s a wealthy blue blood and travels in circles that I could never get anywhere.near.
Yes he will remain coach.

Oh look another one of these threads. Seriously people, do you not have better things to do than constantly rehash the some ole sh!t over and over? Are your mental capacities that limited?

Pruitt is here this year and next even if we go 1-7 to finish. Burn mattresses and kick puppies if you want, but he isn’t getting fired at the end of the year no matter what happens

Why is this so hard to understand? As much as I don’t believe Pruitt is the long term answer, a change in YEAR 2 would absolutely kill the hopes of anyone worth a crap wanting to coach here. And I don’t trust “big donors” to execute a quality search for all the money in Butch’s buyout.

At Florida
MSU
At Bama
USC

Your connected person isn’t that connected.

At Florida
MSU
At Bama
USC

Here we go again, another insightful fantasy about Pruitt losing his job under some mystical theory and now we have one who know someone, who heard something...........blah blah blah.

Reactions: 08Vol and MKEvol
Man 'insider' threads already.

My true story: During last search, early on, I had a friend who knew someone in Athletic department. He would feed me with stories about how "team already knows Gruden is coming' or 'players had meeting about Gruden information' etc. The guy was dead serious and I knew that he really had contact in AD. Around thanksgiving, when Gruden was seen on campus, my source peaked.
All turned out false. To this day, guy claims all his information was true since his friend still claims all was true and GRUDEN talks fell apart last minute. I am till this date dumbfounded that I believed those idiots and 'hopium' he fed me with GRUDEN.

Here we go again, another insightful fantasy about Pruitt losing his job under some mystical theory and now we have one who know someone, who heard something...........blah blah blah.
Just passing along something.
Cool if you didn’t believe it or want to hear it.
I stated my grain of salt that they would follow thru with the idea.
But you have to admit it would be pretty grim at the UAB game with a 1-7 record.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I wish I had a dollar for every piece of inside info that's been posted on this site and never came true. I'd be one of those inside, connected money-people.

Reactions: BlackCreekVol
No way Pruitt deserves to stay if he goes 2-10 his 2nd year on the job.

Don't worry, these "fans" only represent .000000000000000000000000001% of the fan base, they're entitled to their illusions, there is no sane reason to fire a coach after his second season under the circumstance that Pruitt was brought to UT. Not counting the whole fiasco of hiring a new coach, but the way Butch Jones was allowed to destroy a winning tradition at UT and don't get me started on Administration, CPF accumulation of academia noodle heads in do time. I am not hating on Kiffen.........he is a Southern Cal guy.........I would have gone too, but I would have been successful :) As for Dooliggins..........I am sure he had good intentions, but that was just a flat out bad hire..............who would have guessed that Butch was a psychopathic narcissist, with latent tendencies to be Sgt Carter from Gomer Pyle ...........LOL

Man 'insider' threads already.

My true story: During last search, early on, I had a friend who knew someone in Athletic department. He would feed me with stories about how "team already knows Gruden is coming' or 'players had meeting about Gruden information' etc. The guy was dead serious and I knew that he really had contact in AD. Around thanksgiving, when Gruden was seen on campus, my source peaked.
All turned out false. To this day, guy claims all his information was true since his friend still claims all was true and GRUDEN talks fell apart last minute. I am till this date dumbfounded that I believed those idiots and 'hopium' he fed me with GRUDEN.
The Gruden talks always fall apart last minute, everyone of those guys is FOS

He should be fired at 1-7, he deserved to be fired at 0-1. I do not however believe he will be fired. If nothing else, despite the odd take the coach worshippers take on here, we have a history of keeping coaches extra time when it's blatantly obvious they are not good at their job.

VN Store

Back