247 Updated Bowl Destinations

BigorangeBoy

Gator Bowl
Where: Jacksonville, Fla.
Projected matchup: Michigan vs. Tennessee
Quick bite: Let's say the Vols beat Mizzou and Vanderbilt to end the regular season 7-5 with five consecutive wins entering bowl season. Tennessee would be an attractive option for Jacksonville. Considering the Vols would have the same record as Texas A&M, who played in this game last season, we've been told the Gator Bowl committee would favor Orange. That could send the Aggies to the Texas Bowl (or elsewhere).

Has UF going to Citrus

Michigan would be beatable if they finish the season poorly and don't give a s**t about that bowl game. If they get blown out by Ohio St in the finale, I can't imagine their mental makeup and motivation coming into a bowl game would be great. We'd be a huge underdog against them though regardless.

Most have us projected for the gator bowl, but with several different options with who we might be playing. I would be ok with the Michigan option.

On the face of it this doesn’t make a lot of sense unless they believe that Michigan will lose their remaining games, but the bowl ties for the B10 are structured weird. A team can only go to a certain bowl every so often, so this may happen. Although Michigan, unless they win the conference, will most likely end up in the Holiday bowl. Indiana or Illinois would be the most likely opponents, maybe Wisky or even Minnesota if they fall on their face the last few weeks.

Reactions: Bennessee01
If you got Michigan to play to their potential every week I’d worry but I’ll take my chances that they’ll come out and try and coast.

Beat the Tigers!

Outside of LSU the SEC is a joke

I am FAR from being an "SEC homer"...but...

what-the-f-tom-delonge.gif

VN Store

Back