The play where Pruitt won me over

Tombo7

...was in the West Virginia game. We had the ball at first and goal, then second and goal, then third and goal, then fourth and goal. We were trailing 10-0, and the offense turned to jog off the field, sure that Pruitt would settle for the field goal. When he saw them coming off the field, he looked at them in disbelief and waived them back into the game, as if to say, "What are you guys doing, we came here today to score touchdowns."

“I believe you have to go win the game. To win the game, you’ve got to be aggressive. You’ve got to be an aggressive play caller. You’ve got to play aggressive. I’m not one of these guys that sits back and waits on it. If you see something that you want, you try to go get it. I think that’s the way a good football team needs to play.”-Jeremy Pruitt

This was the moment Jeremy Pruitt won me over. Even when he makes a move like this and we fail, I will remember that play.

...was in the West Virginia game. We had the ball at first and goal, then second and goal, then third and goal, then fourth and goal. We were trailing 10-0, and the offense turned to jog off the field, sure that Pruitt would settle for the field goal. When he saw them coming off the field, he looked at them in disbelief and waived them back into the game, as if to say, "What are you guys doing, we came here today to score touchdowns."

“I believe you have to go win the game. To win the game, you’ve got to be aggressive. You’ve got to be an aggressive play caller. You’ve got to play aggressive. I’m not one of these guys that sits back and waits on it. If you see something that you want, you try to go get it. I think that’s the way a good football team needs to play.”-Jeremy Pruitt

This was the moment Jeremy Pruitt won me over. Even when he makes a move like this and we fail, I will remember that play.
Thats the CJP i remeber. I think he lost that aggressiveness after Ga st and BYU....and a few aggressive plays doesnt make an aggressive gameplan

When he made the executive decision to continue...

tenor.gif

JP got everybody to buy in and sent some packing. You can see there is nobody loafing and not giving significant effort. This was a big job after Butch. With his 2nd class coming in we will be back. He’s learning and leading at the same time.

He won me over when he lost his temper on the refs during the bama game this year--when they stopped our play for NO REASON.
The man was livid.
Bama game for me also. I'm not saying he's gonna be a great coach, but that's when I felt like he cared for Tennessee.

I love how Pruitt wants to build a physically tough football team that will always go for it on 4th and 1. When in short yardage situations, Pruitt doesn't care that the other team expects a run, because he expects his players to win their matchups no matter what. I'm not sure it's about being aggressive as it is about building a team culture that leans on their physicality.

For example, I love how the commentators during the bowl game were balking at the thought that Pruitt was actually going to go for it on 4th and 1 to run out the clock and win the game. When Pruitt then walked his offense on the field, the commentators tried to talk it off as an attempt to try and lure Indiana to jump offside. Unfortunatley we Kennedy was called for moving the ball illegally, but you could tell by Pruitt's reaction that he was mad we were forfeiting the chance to go for it. Pruitt doesn't play by the traditional rules. He doesn't rely on the chart as much as he does off of his team's mentality. That is what he cares about and that is why I like him!

I love how Pruitt wants to build a physically tough football team that will always go for it on 4th and 1. When in short yardage situations, Pruitt doesn't care that the other team expects a run, because he expects his players to win their matchups no matter what. I'm not sure it's about being aggressive as it is about building a team culture that leans on their physicality.

For example, I love how the commentators during the bowl game were balking at the thought that Pruitt was actually going to go for it on 4th and 1 to run out the clock and win the game. When Pruitt then walked his offense on the field, the commentators tried to talk it off as an attempt to try and lure Indiana to jump offside. Unfortunatley we Kennedy was called for moving the ball illegally, but you could tell by Pruitt's reaction that he was mad we were forfeiting the chance to go for it. Pruitt doesn't play by the traditional rules. He doesn't rely on the chart as much as he does off of his team's mentality. That is what he cares about and that is why I like him!
Agree about the culture. He wants the team to believe they can win, and it seems to be starting to take hold, especially the guys he's brought in.

To me it’s pretty obvious that he is following the Bama blueprint he drew when it comes to defense. They had some absolutely smothering Ds when he was there and he’s recruiting for the same things here. He also appreciates the need for speed on offense and the need for a great OL.

Not sure what's more interesting... That he won you over THAT quickly, or you're just now posting about it lol

VN Store

Back