Geography!

With Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC.

Texas Tech and Baylor to the PAC 12.
West Virginia and TCU to the ACC.
Oklahoma State. Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State to the BIG 10.

This would give us four super conferences.

Cord cutting makes it more plausible to add teams out of your geographic area. Media markets matter less

This is absolutely true to an extent, but Disney is running things now like the wizard behind the curtain. What is good for Disney is going to, more then likely happen, and Disney enjoys a controversy now and again in the offseason.

SEC should add WVU and VT...maybe NC teams. Boot OU and Texas right back out.

ACC would have 11 teams then which they have 9 now but 4 super conferences with 16 teams each is what needs to happen for the 64 playoff that will probably eventually happen

SEC will only add teams with large TV markets. We divide all the TV money by 14 today. In order to divide it by 16 AND make more money, those 2 additions have to bring a lot of value to the TV contracts. That’s all this is about… $$$$$$$

Here is a map of the 50 United States:

1627167203163.png
(that's Hawai'i in the bottom left corner)

Now, let's just divide it into four equal quadrants...

1627167256129.png

And there we go. Anywhere in that lower right quadrant, the SOUTHEASTERN quadrant, qualifies without upsetting anyone's OCD.

Basically, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and Hawai'i are out. Everyone else is welcome.

Go Vols!

View attachment 382422

View attachment 382423

And there we go. Anywhere in that lower right quadrant, the SOUTHEASTERN quadrant, qualifies without upsetting anyone's OCD.

Basically, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and Hawai'i are out. Everyone else is welcome.

Go Vols!
😂

Reactions: SmokinBob

View attachment 382422

View attachment 382423

Go Vols!

Finally, a scientist.

Reactions: joevol33
I for one care about geography. I take great pride in being southern born and bred and I am proud as heck that we southerners have schools that play the best football on the planet BY FAR. I am sorry, but schools outside of the South have not earned that place of pride. The SEC does not need to expand its geographic footprint ONE SINGLE FOOT. The rest of the country is not worthy

Hell! Since the southeastern conference is no longer southeast, why not add Illinois, Syracuse, and UCLA? Especially if coming to the eastern division, teams should be located in va, nc, sc, ga, or ky. Anything else sucks.
Location literally does not matter

It’s
Hell! Since the southeastern conference is no longer southeast, why not add Illinois, Syracuse, and UCLA? Especially if coming to the eastern division, teams should be located in va, nc, sc, ga, or ky. Anything else sucks.
still the South and still East and West lol

ACC would have 11 teams then which they have 9 now but 4 super conferences with 16 teams each is what needs to happen for the 64 playoff that will probably eventually happen
Yes but if you read what I posted. It's about what happens to the remaining teams in the big 12 left behind. Forgot West Virginia. They would go to the ACC as well.

VN Store

Back