Geography!

Hell! Since the southeastern conference is no longer southeast, why not add Illinois, Syracuse, and UCLA? Especially if coming to the eastern division, teams should be located in va, nc, sc, ga, or ky. Anything else sucks.
Think its time to give this argument up, everything is different no matter how we feel about it.

As a TN fan that now lives in Texas, I’m excited at the possibility of seeing my Vols live when they play OU and TX.

Everyone is talking about SEC expansion. But why aren’t we talking about ACC if Oklahoma and TX come?
Facts:
Whatever happens, it won’t happen till like 2026.
Teams in SEC might be pursued by ACC.
Like it not, TN might be bottom barrel football by 2024 and TN basketball will be still top notch.
ACC would take TN, SC, and KY.
SEC gets TX, OK , and OK state

Everyone is talking about SEC expansion. But why aren’t we talking about ACC if Oklahoma and TX come?
Facts:
Whatever happens, it won’t happen till like 2026.
Teams in SEC might be pursued by ACC.
Like it not, TN might be bottom barrel football by 2024 and TN basketball will be still top notch.
ACC would take TN, SC, and KY.
SEC gets TX, OK , and OK state
That is a completely ridiculous hypothetical scenario. I don't understand why it keeps coming up on here, but Tennessee is not leaving the SEC. Get over it.

That is a completely ridiculous hypothetical scenario. I don't understand why it keeps coming up on here, but Tennessee is not leaving the SEC. Get over it.
No one is voluntarily leaving the SEC. The annual media payout per school with the addition of Texas and Oklahoma is estimated to be around $60 million, an increase of about $15 million.

The Mouse always wins.

I think it a possibility that this actually helps lessen the potential punishment from the NCAA for us. The writing on the wall is the SEC is going to be the dominant power in CFB and will most likely lead the break away from the NCAA. The NCAA is not going to blast a member of the SEC right now. Light punishment/sanctions at most.

No one is voluntarily leaving the SEC. The annual media payout per school with the addition of Texas and Oklahoma is estimated to be around $60 million, an increase of about $15 million.

The Mouse always wins.
I don’t know why people don’t seem to follow this. It’s not a matter of geography or competitive balance and never has been.

With Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC.

Texas Tech and Baylor to the PAC 12.
West Virginia and TCU to the ACC.
Oklahoma State. Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State to the BIG 10.

This would give us four super conferences.

I think the B1G will snatch up Kansas, and a Texas Team like Baylor/TCU or OK St to put them at 16 and solidify them as a basketball conference. They only need two teams to go to 16. It would be easier for them to add Iowa St but there wouldn't be any added TV revenue for that. They could also reach out to WV but they have OSU/Penn St. and Maryland in that general area.
ACC wants a TX team too and will also shoot for Baylor/TCU. They could Add WV but that is a small market or OK St. ACC is also trying to get Notre Dame to go full ACC (right now they don't have football in ACC).
PAC12 needs 4 Teams and TX Tech is a good fit, as is Kan St and Iowa St. If they don't get two TX teams. they may opt for BYU or Boise St to plus up to 16.

When all the musical chairs stop a team like WV or Iowa St. could be left without a seat and that would be devastating to them.

well, ND is in the ACC and they are so close to the Atlantic ocean. One of my least favorite teams of all time- I know where I want them to go...

Does The University of Alaska have a football team we can add?
Heck with the SEC money they could start a program if they don't. Maybe we could beat them lol

We could win more in the ACC

You know what would really help us win more? If we've finally found the right coach. Once that happens, winning will happen again. No need to run away from competition like cowards. We helped found this damn conference.

You know what would really help us win more? If we've finally found the right coach. Once that happens, winning will happen again. No need to run away from competition like cowards. We helped found this damn conference.
Agreed 1000% Why be afraid of playing Alabama or anyone. We have always had talented players. But even talented players need coaching. Why else would Bama have Saban.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Hell! Since the southeastern conference is no longer southeast, why not add Illinois, Syracuse, and UCLA? Especially if coming to the eastern division, teams should be located in va, nc, sc, ga, or ky. Anything else sucks.

We now live in a different world, one that doesn’t make any sense at all, unfortunately.

I don’t know why people don’t seem to follow this. It’s not a matter of geography or competitive balance and never has been.

Exactly. And if it isn't about competitive balance or fairness, then I don't know why any UT fan would want to continue to be the only team from the East that has to play Bama every year. With the restructure it should be dropped as an annual game or UGA and UF should play them annually as well. This is an opportunity I hope we can take advantage of.

So instead of OU and Tejas, the SEC should add the University of Puerto Rico and the University of the Virgin Islands instead because they're "southeastern" schools?

VN Store

Back