Lady Vols - Auburn Turnovers

Spook1

Ancient Vol
The Lady Vols have had 12 turnovers in the first half and Auburn has scored 17 point off those turnovers. Unless the Lady Vols can turn things around in the second half, this could be a loss. Hopefully the Lady Vols get with it in the second half.

these are college girls and are supposed to learn from their mistakes but this team has not learned since day 1 is this kellies fault ot the players trying to dribble into traffic and think they cant be beat>

Wat is wrong with this fans. Someone created a negative thread just to talk about wat they did wrong. USC lost to unranked team heaven didn't fall.. stop the selfishness. That's wat happens when worst team get to meet great team on their worst day.

Last edited:
The Lady Vols have had 12 turnovers in the first half and Auburn has scored 17 point off those turnovers. Unless the Lady Vols can turn things around in the second half, this could be a loss. Hopefully the Lady Vols get with it in the second half.

The game has seconds to go and Lady Vols have 21 turnovers and Auburn has scored 27 point off those turnovers. I have not seen any activity yet from Coach Harper to stop the turnovers either. We will see more turnovers for the rest of the season too. She needs to adapt to the Coach Barns method.

That should put a stop to all the National Championship talk.
The Lady Vols need to play with half of the hustle that the Lady Tigers played with and they would be unstoppable. No one in orange hustles as hard as Auburn did. Pat is turning in her grave. And bench Rae Burrell, she is a huge liability.

Something is wrong with this fans. Someone created a negative thread just to talk about wat they did wrong. USC lost to unranked team heaven didn't fall.. stop the selfishness. That's wat happens when worst team get to meet great team on their worst day.

The sure did not do anything right with 21 turnovers and Auburn scoring 27 points off the turnovers.

That should put a stop to all the National Championship talk.
The Lady Vols need to play with half of the hustle that the Lady Tigers played with and they would be unstoppable. No one in orange hustles as hard as Auburn did. Pat is turning in her grave. And bench Rae Burrell, she is a huge liability.
No doubt. Burrell has been nothing but walking turnover. Losing Green has doomed this team. The girl from WV is useless. Lack of enough post depth is on Harper.

The game has seconds to go and Lady Vols have 21 turnovers and Auburn has scored 27 point off those turnovers. I have not seen any activity yet from Coach Harper to stop the turnovers either. We will see more turnovers for the rest of the season too. She needs to adapt to the Coach Barns method.
Just a quick thought. What in the world was Kellie thinking when she made subs for 90 percent of the team in the first quarter with us up by 10 points. I understand the subs but maybe 1 or 2 at a time. We were playing like the Lady Vols when she did that and she lect them in for the rest of the quarter, and if Auburn had not missed a shot they would have been leading us at the end of the first. I think this loss was on Kellie for the first time this year. No other coach pulls their whole team and leaves them on the bench when the starters were playing well. Maybe she will learn from it as this is the second time that I have seen her do it this year, fortunately our starters came back in and took control the first time. I do think it is time to pay the price in practice for the UNFORCED turnovers which most tonight were because of laziness I'm a Lady Vol fan for life and a Hugh Kellie fan but I still think that it needs to be a price to pay for the unforced and unnecessary turnovers

Wat is wrong with this fans. Someone created a negative thread just to talk about wat they did wrong. USC lost to unranked team heaven didn't fall.. stop the selfishness. That's wat happens when worst team get to meet great team on their worst day.

OMG, someone is discussing us losing to an 8-10 team! Heaven forbid! I mean, I'm sorry, but what do you want? No discussion at all? Positive discussion on such a horribly-played game on our part?

Also, there is a difference between an unranked team and a team with a losing record. Mizzou is 15-6, Auburn was 8-10.

Just a quick thought. What in the world was Kellie thinking when she made subs for 90 percent of the team in the first quarter with us up by 10 points. I understand the subs but maybe 1 or 2 at a time. We were playing like the Lady Vols when she did that and she lect them in for the rest of the quarter, and if Auburn had not missed a shot they would have been leading us at the end of the first. I think this loss was on Kellie for the first time this year. No other coach pulls their whole team and leaves them on the bench when the starters were playing well. Maybe she will learn from it as this is the second time that I have seen her do it this year, fortunately our starters came back in and took control the first time. I do think it is time to pay the price in practice for the UNFORCED turnovers which most tonight were because of laziness I'm a Lady Vol fan for life and a Hugh Kellie fan but I still think that it needs to be a price to pay for the unforced and unnecessary turnovers

The Lady Vols have had several games this year with over 20 turnovers per game...no improvement by Coach Harper either. Turnovers can be basically stopped if the Coach Barnes method is used. In practice if a player commits a turnover he must run from the playing floor to the top of the arena and back. A few trips immediately impresses a player on ball security. Coach Harper needs to install this method too.

We not only had 22 turnovers--but a meager 7 assists. We were bad on both ends of the court. Poor ball movement, poor passing, poor decisions, and
poor in most respects defensively. We only took 9d 3-point shots--made only 3. That's doesn't cut it in today's game. How does Key start the game with 5 points and end the game with...7? Inexplicable. She had 4 shots for the game.

Burrell didn't shoot well tonight--but she only took 8 shots. She's a 47 percent shooter and yet she didn't seem to feature in our offense. Is she moving as well as she used to? The team needs to get a lot more out of her than it got tonight. It was also clear that Green was missed. She was our best depth player, on a team with not good depth.

We not only had 22 turnovers--but a meager 7 assists. We were bad on both ends of the court. Poor ball movement, poor passing, poor decisions, and
poor in most respects defensively. We only took 9d 3-point shots--made only 3. That's doesn't cut it in today's game. How does Key start the game with 5 points and end the game with...7? Inexplicable. She had 4 shots for the game.

Burrell didn't shoot well tonight--but she only took 8 shots. She's a 47 percent shooter and yet she didn't seem to feature in our offense. Is she moving as well as she used to? The team needs to get a lot more out of her than it got tonight. It was also clear that Green was missed. She was our best depth player, on a team with not good depth.
Burrell was out of control when she had the ball in her hands. I agree that Green was missed, but Tennessee should have been able to handily put Auburn away without her. There's really no excuse for this, other than "bad day at the office".

If you can't dribble between your legs or around your back then by George quit doing it. And Kelly needs to get in some butt and quit laughing during time outs. Ok, I got that off my chest and I still love ALL things TENNESSEE.

The game has seconds to go and Lady Vols have 21 turnovers and Auburn has scored 27 point off those turnovers. I have not seen any activity yet from Coach Harper to stop the turnovers either. We will see more turnovers for the rest of the season too. She needs to adapt to the Coach Barns method.[/QUOTe
Coach Harper could show them the film Hoosiers. Demand three passes before anyone can shoot...yeah, that might work.
Basketball is a game best played by confident players that understand perfection is not obtainable. Any effort to restrict players from playing loose will set this team back significantly. Jordon Horston is one of the top players in the SEC because she knows she has the freedom to make plays.

Yes, agree with most on here that it’s hard to win any game with the amount of turnovers they had last night.. I’ve said this for years , Tennessee never shows or runs a set offense.. to much dribbling and no passing, then what drives me crazy is the amount of times these guard pick up their dribble when they have no where to go with it..🤨These are college players who should never make those kinds of mistakes .. I am and will always be a Lady Vol fan thru the bad and the good times.. this team is way better than they showed last night for sure.. hoping this was the bad game of the season and they play like they are capable of the next game .. I’m staying positive with this team and hope they can as well! Go Lady Vols !! 🧡🏀

VN Store

Back