A New Number 1? Purdue falls

Houston Purdue Bama Arizona and UT will be top 5. Bama plays at Auburn next Saturday and if Missouri wins at Mississippi State UT will host a ranked Missouri next Saturday. Texas may be moving up to 6.

Bama is a top two team imo. Idk what to think about Houston as they play in a weak conference But the Zags do to and reached a final four.

Purdue is very good but nobody goes undefeated. That Eddy kid is around 7’4 but he’s athletic and agile for a big man. Plus he goes strong to the basket. That’s one thing I wish Uros would do as he has 2-3 inches on most defenders.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Houston Purdue Bama Arizona and UT will be top 5. Bama plays at Auburn next Saturday and if Missouri wins at Mississippi State UT will host a ranked Missouri next Saturday. Texas may be moving up to 6.

Edit-
I haven’t watch any Zona games besides the TN game. Have they improved since the game against TN?

Last edited:
Kansas lost (again) today by 15 @ Iowa State and #15 TCU went down & Okie State. I plan on watching Duke-UNC and may stay up to see how good Zona is.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
UT lost by 5 at Arizona earlier in the year. Two good inside players.

They always have a big guy and w/ athletic players who can go to the rim. I was hopeful Phillips would play a similar player but appears JJJ is that player who can dribble penetrate and then hit the mid range jumper.

Teams need a player who can finish @ the rim as as every possession is critical in March as scoring droughts must be kept to a minimal.

Last edited:
UT lost by 5 at Arizona earlier in the year. Two good inside players.

Edit- Idk how I forgot the TN-Zona game. That was the game where Arizona shot around 24 free throws and TN zero until the 15 min mark of second half.

There was a lot of chirping @ the end of the game, and the Zona players stayed on the floor to celebrate w/ their fans.

Arizona is the real deal with a 5-0 ragainst ranked teams: Indiana, Creighton, SDSU, UT and UCLA.

Last edited:
With all respect , TN isn’t playing like a top 5 team . Can they , sure they can . Right now they seem very off for some reason . They can beat anyone , but at the same time , lose to anyone and I mean anyone .
They have beaten a top 10 and top 25 team in their last 3 games lol.Sucks watching their offense at times but I'd hold off disparaging them.

VN Store

Back