Transfer Portal - who do you miss?

VAVol85

Much has been said about the transfer portal chaos. But, I was trying to think of who we have lost that I really regretted.

I hated to see Chandler go to NC because he had been here so long; disappointed that Baron left because he is a Tennessee guy. Herring contributed last year when we needed him, so I regret that he decided to leave.

Don’t really miss any of the QBs that left. Mincey and Walker were mercenaries - I appreciate their contributions but they were not really team guys. The other DBs that left last fall had mostly been recruited over.

Hate it that Addison Nichols did not work out because I had high expectations (apparently expected to start at Arky).

If you could have blocked a transfer, who would it have been?

Much has been said about the transfer portal chaos. But, I was trying to think of who we have lost that I really regretted.

I hated to see Chandler go to NC because he had been here so long; disappointed that Baron left because he is a Tennessee guy. Herring contributed last year when we needed him, so I regret that he decided to leave.

Don’t really miss any of the QBs that left. Mincey and Walker were mercenaries - I appreciate their contributions but they were not really team guys. The other DBs that left last fall had mostly been recruited over.

Hate it that Addison Nichols did not work out because I had high expectations (apparently expected to start at Arky).

I don't think we've lost anyone that I'm missing. None.

Have plenty of time for those who wear the 🍊, the others not so much.

I understand some players desire to transfer for more playing time or just PT. Sometimes I see it as best for them then sometimes I don't. If you can't or won't compete for the job then by all means go. Change your mind want to stay, sure why not.

But if they're a rolling stone then they can stay rolling. They had their chance to hear 101,915 cheer them on.

NOBODY

I don't really "miss" any because we've done well replacing them thus far. I'll miss a player more when we can't fill the gap they leave.

Reactions: PA Vol and tbh
I would have said Baron, but just seeing where's he's back in the transfer portal tells me he doesn't have his head screwed on straight

Last edited:
Reactions: PA Vol

No one that never wanted to stay.

Probably Eric Gray…he was so explosive and would’ve thrived in Huepel’s offense imo. Wouldnt have minded having Wanya Morris either. I’m sure I’m blanking on a few.

Reactions: PA Vol and Sarms58
I miss sanity and order.

But I could post that in any thread on any forum regarding any topic in the whole wide world today.

No one really. Didn’t mind Chandler leaving (I know he had a good final season at UNC) because here he felt like a very average back that couldn’t break a tackle to save his life. Eric Gray was a bigger loss but still we’ve had better backs since he’s left anyways imo

Reactions: HalfullVol

VN Store

Back