Transfer Portal - who do you miss?

Walker. He’s the biggest loss. Baron will not be missed with our depth there. He might have even seen his role reduced.

Baron was possibly the most disappointing. He was a Tennessee guy and played some games the last couple of seasons before finally transferring out.

I don’t wish any of these players ill, but I don’t be exactly wish for their success either other than at life in general - I’d like for them to be successful men … on the football field against Tennessee on the other hand - Nope.

Henry T and those other fools that ran off after Pruitt got found out and never had any consequences applied to them are the ones I dislike the most.

It’s hard to argue with them going to find more playing time or even more lucrative opportunities in the NIL arena. But the mercenary stuff is going to get old quickly. Alas, that is the way of the world these days. We’ll all survive.

After the just business hype video and the cheap shot at Hendon Hooker have no use whatsoever fir that punk
Just loved every minute of his breakdown in tears video as he left Neyland. It's satisfying g to watch over and over. That and the fact it knocked Bammer outta the playoff and we finally took Saban down made for a real nice Tennessee Saturday night.

Key Lawrence. I was under the impression that he was one of the guys asked to leave post Pruitt, and I haven’t followed him since he left, but we really could’ve used him in the secondary. I would’ve said Gray but we haven’t had any drop off at the RB position. Morris was another one we could’ve used.

Reactions: VAVol85 and JRich
Much has been said about the transfer portal chaos. But, I was trying to think of who we have lost that I really regretted.

I hated to see Chandler go to NC because he had been here so long; disappointed that Baron left because he is a Tennessee guy. Herring contributed last year when we needed him, so I regret that he decided to leave.

Don’t really miss any of the QBs that left. Mincey and Walker were mercenaries - I appreciate their contributions but they were not really team guys. The other DBs that left last fall had mostly been recruited over.

Hate it that Addison Nichols did not work out because I had high expectations (apparently expected to start at Arky).

If you could have blocked a transfer, who would it have been?
I also had high hopes for Addison Nichols but he wasn’t able to beat out the existing linemen so he had to transfer to play…he would have been depth for us but in the portal era guys transfer for playing time.

I think each of these young men must do what’s best for them. Hopefully the ones transferring for playing time are also consulting their academic advisers because backup players - even at Div 1 schools - have a very low probability of playing in the NFL.

Reactions: VAVol85
Da’jon Terry, DT: Kansas -> Tennessee -> Oklahoma. Could definitely contribute, though our DLine is in pretty good shape. Terry was a very good transfer at a position of need when we got him from KS.
Pretty good shape? Sheeeeeiittt we might be the best in the country. He’s a good player but we won’t miss him at all.

I agree. Someone was just asking about the DT we lost to OU and I was offering a reminder. Terry was important when we got him but we have moved on.

Key Lawrence. I was under the impression that he was one of the guys asked to leave post Pruitt, and I haven’t followed him since he left, but we really could’ve used him in the secondary. I would’ve said Gray but we haven’t had any drop off at the RB position. Morris was another one we could’ve used.
My vote as well.

Reactions: perico
My vote as well.
Now that I've gone back and looked again, it's defintely Key Lawrence. That's the only correct answer.

He's been great at Oklahoma and is now at Ole Miss. He's turned into a bit of a mercenary, but a successful one. Like I said, I am pretty sure he would still be here were he not asked to leave with the other Chik-fil-a recipients. It's makes sense. He chose poorly, but goodness he would've been the missing link Hooker's senior year.

Reactions: JRich

VN Store

Back