40 players.. pay attention

Nope. Equating someone can have a really bad game yet get better after the fact. Everyone is ready to write the guy off after his first game. Maybe folks should give it more than one game to decide.

Bowling Green is the complete antithesis of 1998 Syracuse in terms of competition.

Tee's game against Syracuse saw him rush for 80 yards, and Syracuse would go in to win the Big East that year and finished 8-4. When you are playing good competition, those stats are not necessarily a "bad game", in spite of struggling to pass against them.

Si
But wasn’t it nice that he could, instead of running for his life?
Sure it is nice. You can't take a sack because you held the ball so long. You also have the problem of receivers already having buses their move to create an opening. I would argue it makes it easier to cover the receivers. Now as the QB moves then the situation reverses as the defensive backs are not sure what will happen. They start watching the QB.

Are you high? Theo Jackson played one heck of a game! He was all over the place.
No, he was consistently getting outstretched to the sideline. When a CB has the most tackles, that's not a good sign. It means he's getting attacked the most.

Did you watch the game?! He had 11 tackles and like 5 pass breakups ?!
Yes. He got a lot of tackles, because he let his receivers catch a lot of passes. Most pass break ups because he had the most chances too. It's not a good sign.

The 40 player thing is overdone. Lot of walk-ons, several who hadn’t even played in two seasons and Emerson/Middleton types who weren’t going to see snaps. Don’t believe me? Where was Aubrey Solomon last night? Also no accounting for the 10 that were added through the portal. 5 actual losses and they were replaceable.
Also a ton of experience. Just a couple FR in the 2 deep.

Last thing I want to see is any of our qbs "lowering a shoulder". Just get down or get out of bounds.
He can't run scared or timid either, if you run like your afraid to get hurt you usually do. There is a happy medium and he wasn't there last week. He ran too timid for me, he cannot run like that in conference play. He has to be more decisive. And when rolling one way he really pulled up and almost turned his back on defender. It looked odd. Yes run smart but run with authority and get down when needed. GBO!!!!!

This team went through a program destroying offseason. We lost 40 players through attrition. We had a laughable offense the last 4 years. This was 1.1 for CJH. New HC, New QB, New culture. For anyone complaining about last night what do you want ?
The only legit takeaways you can have from the game are the following:
1. We played a bad team. Next week vs Pitt is the real test
2. Joe Milton - exactly what I wanted to see for his 1st game in Tennessee Orange. What I would like to see improve from him is (A. Lower the shoulder when running (B. Just a little touch on those deep balls.. I want the 99 mph slant route.. catch the ball.
3. We have no legit Will LB - beasly, Mitchell,page all played. I think Mitchell looked the most athletic out there.
4. Theo Jackson was everywhere -

any negative comments about the team after 1.1 of the CJH era is absurd. 50 would have been nice but understand where we are as a program
See ya in 8 days! Go Vols
We also let off the gas in the last 5 minutes

VN Store

Back