5-star PG Kennedy Chandler commits to Tennessee

Coskramer, I believe I saw you reply to a particular stupid Memphis fan on twitter. Did you happen to see the one that named 6 Memphis players that would be the best player on UT’s current roster?

I just said Bull💩 that Penny didnt prioritize KC. Memphis fans are F’n idiots. They hate TN more than they like Memphis. I was at TJ Mulligans in downtown Memphis when they lost the title to Kansas. Great night for me

Last edited:
We've never had this level of talent at Tennessee. Is he going to squander it a la 2016 Butch Jones or is he going to make a deep run in the Tournament? And I'm not talking sweet 16...I mean a DEEP run. We have the talent, we definitely have the depth. I'm not saying I don't think he can do it I just want to SEE it before I start talking life time contracts.

Also what elite NBA players did he develop? KD is a once in a generation talent he was going to be elite no matter who coached him. LaMarcus Aldridge had a decent run but I wouldn't consider him elite by any means.
Go Commodores, right?

Reactions: Smokebern20
I just said Bull💩 that Penny didnt prioritize KC. Memphis fans are F’n idiots. They hate TN more than they like Memphis. I was at TJ Mulligans in downtown Memphis when they lost the title to Memphis. Great night for me

Memphis fans are mainly blinded by their hatred of UT to think rationally. It’s a miserable fanbase. With its Memphis v. Errbody mentality, their SEC inferiority complex and whatnot.

Memphis fans are mainly blinded by their hatred of UT to think rationally. It’s a miserable fanbase. With its Memphis v. Errbody mentality, their SEC inferiority complex and whatnot.

When they had College Gameday on Beale Street half the signs were anti TN. Losers

Go Commodores, right?
I'm not rooting for him to fail. I would love nothing more for him to win a championship here. I just want to see it before I believe he coaches here as long as he wants. Thats all. The man has been a HC over 30 years and has made 1 final four.

When they had College Gameday on Beale Street half the signs were anti TN. Losers

Right. Half the signs about UT and not about it’s opponent, SMU. I’ve never seen a single sign about Memphis when UT has hosted Gameday. Heck, pretty much all of UT’s signs at gameday have pertained to the opponent that day.

Right. Half the signs about UT and not about it’s opponent, SMU. I’ve never seen a single sign about Memphis when UT has hosted Gameday. Heck, pretty much all of UT’s signs at gameday have pertained to the opponent that day.
The little brother syndrome is powerful. I say this as someone from Memphis as well

Everybody's all hot to get a 7 footer and that might work, but right now Barnes has a team made to run. He's got the ability to put 2 four man ball-handling rotations. The 5 would be a guy for some inside offense in the set offense, a rebounder and a deep inside defender, but we're built right now for speed with a point guard and 3 other guys 6'4" to 6'7, all athletic open court players. That would cut into Fulk's scoring but could really open it up down low for him. This could really be fun.

The question is whether Barnes will give up that much control. I was here when Mears let them run with the Ernie and Bernie show and it was fantastic. We didn't have anyone over 6'7" on those teams,

Then Georgia had a great team in 82-83 with Dominique Wilkens and Vern Fleming. They were extraordinary, going to the final four. No one over 6'7".

We've never had this level of talent at Tennessee. Is he going to squander it a la 2016 Butch Jones or is he going to make a deep run in the Tournament? And I'm not talking sweet 16...I mean a DEEP run. We have the talent, we definitely have the depth. I'm not saying I don't think he can do it I just want to SEE it before I start talking life time contracts.

Also what elite NBA players did he develop? KD is a once in a generation talent he was going to be elite no matter who coached him. LaMarcus Aldridge had a decent run but I wouldn't consider him elite by any means.

KD, Aldridge, PJ Tucker, Myles Turner, DJ Augustin, Tristan Thompson, Avery Bradley, Corey Joseph. That may be close to a billion dollars in NBA salaries. KD was national player of the year as a freshman, and Aldridge is a 7 time NBA all star. Pretty damn impressive.

He's averaging a first round NBA pick every other year of his career.

Reactions: cardvolfan
KD, Aldridge, PJ Tucker, Myles Turner, DJ Augustin, Tristan Thompson, Avery Bradley, Corey Joseph. That may be close to a billion dollars in NBA salaries. KD was national player of the year as a freshman, and Aldridge is a 7 time NBA all star. Pretty damn impressive.
Come on man. I'll give you KD (even though he was going to be elite anyway) LA, and even Avery Bradley. But were talking 30 years. Corey Joseph, Tristan Thompson, DJ Augustine, Tucker, Turner....they're role players.

Reaching much? You first said KD and then you get a list of name and this is what you come up with. Just admit it, you do not like Barnes

I like him. I justt want to see him take the next step as a coach. I honest to God hope he does that in the next 2 years. Nothing would make me happier honestly.

Ok - so who did Dean Smith, Coach K, Cal and Roy ‘develop’ into nba all stars that weren’t already ‘destined’ to be stars before they stepped on campus? That’s a ridiculous standard.
Barnes put 4 guys in the nba in one year that NO ONE gave a chance of making it when they committed to the Vols.
And don’t compare NCs or final fours. Barnes has never had the luxury of coaching a blue blood program. In fact he turned one down to stay here.

Come on man. I'll give you KD (even though he was going to be elite anyway) LA, and even Avery Bradley. But were talking 30 years. Corey Joseph, Tristan Thompson, DJ Augustine, Tucker, Turner....they're role players.

Ok - so who did Dean Smith, Coach K, Cal and Roy ‘develop’ into nba all stars that weren’t already ‘destined’ to be stars before they stepped on campus? That’s a ridiculous standard.
Barnes put 4 guys in the nba in one year that NO ONE gave a chance of making it when they committed to the Vols.
And don’t compare NCs or final fours. Barnes has never had the luxury of coaching a blue blood program. In fact he turned one down to stay here.
You raise some valid points. Unfortunately I've had to much alcohol to care any more. Cheers and go vols.

giphy.gif

This is going to be a unique challenge for Barnes and the staff. If they continue to recruit at this level, I highly doubt you see these athletes stay beyond their freshman/sophomore year. So the sense of urgency will be magnified. Looking forward to the future of Tennessee basketball GB🍊

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back