A bunch of young men waking up today…

VolGirl05

…on this roster and having to absorb a huge life lesson around letting emotions get the better of you and not being able to go back and undo what’s done. In their defense, many 40- and 50-year-olds are still trying to master that, but as mostly teenagers they’re going through it publicly.

Now they’re waking up to the realization that temporary drama and emotions have wrecked everything they worked toward for months, and even years. It’s a doozy of a lesson, but a big one in the grand scheme of life.

Now they get six days to decide whether they continue in the same fashion and lose to lowly Vandy, or find their heart again and finish the year blowing out their final SEC opponent and potentially winning the Sugar Bowl or NY6 alternative.

It’s “just” football, and yet representative of life on a broader scale. They’re young and they’ll learn eventually either way, and my kids and I will be here supporting them at every step.

GBO 🧡

Do you really thin they "absorbed a huge life lesson" or will there be more of the same. Remember, the same intellect that led to the first decision will be making the next one. If the rumors are true, good dadgum luck to all who participated in it because you're lack of character has just killed many opportunities for you; football and otherwise. It's tragic if true. Tragic.

Reactions: loservol
A bunch of young men waking up today……….either little smarter than they were few days ago and learning life is about being a team player, or still having a selfish jackass attitude

Reactions: loservol
This is year 2. I think in a way, this could end up being good for us. Nobody expected us to start the season like this, and our boys got a taste of being on top. They learned a real tough lesson last night that they’ll never forget. It stings right now but hopefully this is what they needed to not take any game as a gimme

Do you really thin they "absorbed a huge life lesson" or will there be more of the same. Remember, the same intellect that led to the first decision will be making the next one. If the rumors are true, good dadgum luck to all who participated in it because you're lack of character has just killed many opportunities for you; football and otherwise. It's tragic if true. Tragic.
What rumors

I’ll remain optimistic about it and say I believe this really stings for them, and they’ll get back up and show what they’re made of. I have a 12-year-old with aspirations of wearing the Orange and I’ve taught him from day one that sports are 99% mindset, attitude, and character. I think we have a ton of seniors and other guys who we can still send out with a strong finish and the first 11-win season around here in ages. I’ll put my energy and thoughts toward that as long as it remains a possibility.

VN Store

Back