A day of Decommits

Rob Lewis posted that obviously losing the PG Austin hurts but that losing Cornish was really not that big of a loss. He said he wasn't slamming him or anything but that he really isn't that enormously talented. He said they will be trying to get some news on Turman and Cofer this evening.

He's been on the job 24 hours. Are you serious with this post? Let the guy do his job and give him more than one day to do it, would ya?

I hear ya and yes, I am freakin a bit, but It is just so late in the year....

Yeah, I think you're wrong there. These were top 150 guys. Foundation guys. Not world beaters, but the core of your team three years down the road. JMO.

If that's the case we should be rock solid because we have all five starters for next year as ccm recruits.

Reactions: 1 person
It's not completely concern over the specific recruits more focused on concern for having enough players to fill a roster.

If this is a realistic concern then we have bigger problems. If our coach is worried he may have to forfeit games because of lack of players then we missed on a few good ole boys who play down at the y.

No player has ever left a team after a coaching change...EVER!!

So everybody sing with me...

AWWWWWW FREAK OUT!!!! :dance2:

chilmonty-albums-my+pics-picture5045-2967221638-9f72e2f73e.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
I have come to the conclusion (my opinion) that CDT is a person that does not really care what others think of his decisions. He has a job to do and he is going to do it his way. If successful, then he will be praised and if not he will be fired.
I do not think he wants next year to be a rebuilding year, he wants to win now. Will he get the players? Time will tell.

Reactions: 5 people
I said yesterday that he has a track record of cleaning house. His comments at the presser made me start to reconsider a bit, but now I am back to that expectation again.

As I also said yesterday, many people were ready to jump off a bridge after a week or so with Pearl - when he didn't do things just like they expected - but I think things turned out OK.

So, give him time. If we don't have any good replacements in a couple of months, then maybe it is time to start worrying a little.

We are going to see a sorry ass product next season. Maybe 10-12 wins. This roster is garbage honestly. We have about 4 players.

Cofer gone... official. AND, officially we are screwed. No way Tyndall can rebound from this. Our roster will look like a church league next season. Black Curtains.

With people like you posting, it is no wonder we had trouble finding a coach. Martin couldn't recruit according to most on here now all of a sudden we just lost 3 future NBA stars. You literally cannot make this stuff up.

Reactions: 11 people
None of the guys ccm had coming in were more than projects and almost definitely not huge immediate impacts. I suspect cdt may have wanted to bring in his own players any way and came to a mutual understanding with the recruits that have asked for a release. Maybe I'm wrong, but it would make sense.

No, you're right! Seriously, we are losing players that CM recruited. He was such a great talent evaluator!!!!!

I said yesterday that he has a track record of cleaning house. His comments at the presser made me start to reconsider a bit, but now I am back to that expectation again.

As I also said yesterday, many people were ready to jump off a bridge after a week or so with Pearl - when he didn't do things just like they expected - but I think things turned out OK.

So, give him time. If we don't have any good replacements in a couple of months, then maybe it is time to start worrying a little.

The first ten weeks with Pearl were less than ideal.

That said, this could end up being a huge mistake or a blessing. Some coaches take recruiting the current players/commits as their top priority, while others prefer to clean house and start with as clean a slate as possible. CDT will have to deal with the fallout of these decisions, so we may all forget this day (if he's successful here) or we may all point to today as the first mistake (if he's not successful here).

Reactions: 1 person
I knew better than to look in here...now I'm sorry I did...
I think anybody with half a brain knew this was coming or expected to lose
some players...it happens everywhere... or would you rather he do like Cal and start kicking scholarship players off to make room for high school players...

he was evidently truthful and upfront,they asked out,UT let them out to go somewhere else...its best for all parties IMO... no spots being used like paperweights,no disgruntled players,no division in the locker room,etc...

Reactions: 5 people
Cofer's dad is Michael Cofer a former UT football player.
All of the chatter on him is because he has taken anything UT related off of his Twitter profile.

VN Store

Back