A question for out of state fans?

Not very often in the Bay Area, though I did see a couple of guys sporting Vols gear at a concert at Levi's stadium recently and gave a Go Vols shout out and received the same in return.

There is a neighborhood sports bar in San Francisco where some UT fans will gather for games.

Reactions: 1 person
Northern Kentucky here. I sport my UT orange all year long around these UK fans, even during basketball season. We're about 4 hours away from Knoxville and try to make it down to one home game each year and almost always are at the away games in Lexington. Occasionally see another Vol fan on I-75 as they are passing through. But I always give a Go Vols! yell and a thumbs up :good!: if I pass someone and they'll usually throw back a nod or a wave. I think I catch them off guard, lol.

2 post in 4 years that's impressive lol! We're in the same boat, surrounded by all that blue, so I know your pain.

2 post in 4 years that's impressive lol! We're in the same boat, surrounded by all that blue, so I know your pain.

Ahaha, I've been around a lot longer, I think my info got reset or something due to not posting, although I visit and lurk almost everyday. So I should have like, maybe 40 posts lol.

Truth! But since we beat them in bball semi-regularly, it keeps them mostly quiet. Oh, and there's a good amount of Ohio State up here too. Wife is a Michigan fan, so for me it's Bama/UF tie on the hate scale, followed closely by OSU, even moreso since Meyer went there.

See a Vols sticker or clothing maybe twice a year in Stockton, CA (40 miles south of Sacramento). Last week, saw a guy coming out of SaveMart grocery store with a big power T on his shirt. Said his brother went to UT.

I was in Gibralter vacationing recently on a rainy day and walked up on a guy sporting his UT rain gear. A fellow season ticket holder. We discussed the 2017 season for 20 minutes. We drive 6 hours for each home game taking Fridays to drive over from Carolina

I was in Gibralter vacationing recently on a rainy day and walked up on a guy sporting his UT rain gear. A fellow season ticket holder. We discussed the 2017 season for 20 minutes. We drive 6 hours for each home game taking Fridays to drive over from Carolina
I've heard that Spanish customs is particularly rough on people coming from Gibralter. Was that your experience?

Here in Wisconsin it is pretty rare to see Vols, though I have a few in my 16 years here. I've been to two games since I moved: the UCLA game that marked the end of the Lane Train and last year's Florida game. I've seen several Badger games...they are a lot more fun that Vol games. People here are more easy going about football and they drink a LOT more.

I live in the Orlando area. I'll see occasional Vols here and there at stores and restaurants, but it seems to be mostly Gator fans that point out the power T on my shirt(s). I will say, though, that Seminole fans around here are very friendly due to our mutual gator enemy. :D

If someone says "Go Vols" to me and they aren't wearing orange or a power T, I automatically think they are making fun of me. So that may be why some of you get the "wtf" looks.

Here in Carolina Beach NC I saw an orange golf cart with a power T and volunteers on the front of it yesterday.

I live in the Houston area and see a Vol license plate, T-shirt, hat or something about every week. Once I started yelling Go Vols at a car next to me that had a sticker in the window and they acted like I was crazy.

Seems like Vol fans like to frequent Lowes & Home Depot, I've run into several fans there.

I live in the Houston area (Kingwood). Have the T on my trucks. Get stopped occasionally by other fans. Seeing more UT presence in the area. UTk is finally starting to recruit students in the the region (Kingwood HS and Texas Boys State) that I can confirm. School has a good reputation and is getting a good reception.

I'm in Dayton Ohio and there are a ton of vol fans here, starting to see more of the power T than three or four years ago too! I live in the burbs and know I have at least 3 neighbors close who we exchange the VOL sign with.

I use to have season tickets but try to make it for a game each year, about a 5 hour drive for us.

Ohio State fans are the most obnoxious people in the world and are still extremely butt hurt about Bill Duff blockading Eddie George!

Reactions: 3 people
Used to see fellow Vols fans all the time wherever I was stationed: Germany, Fort Bragg, combat zones, other deployments, didn't matter, there were sure to be fellow Vols around. Didn't always have the colors showing (hard to work orange into you ACU uniform without getting stopped by the first sergeant!), but they were there. Flags on the side of the GP Medium, or on the inside of the HMMWV.

We remain the Volunteer state, as far as military service goes. We're all over the world, serving proudly.

Go Vols!

After serving over 20 years and experiencing a myriad of duty stations, I completely agree with these comments above. I am currently in Hawaii and have seen so much orange around than before. I don't know if the Volunteer State is producing more volunteers to serve our country, or if everyone is believing in their team again by bringing out their colors. Regardless, I am proud to be around my Volnation brethren and look forward to getting back home and joining the rest of you in Neyland. Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
Here in Wisconsin it is pretty rare to see Vols, though I have a few in my 16 years here. I've been to two games since I moved: the UCLA game that marked the end of the Lane Train and last year's Florida game. I've seen several Badger games...they are a lot more fun that Vol games. People here are more easy going about football and they drink a LOT more.

Says the guy whose only been to two Vols games in the last 16 years, :huh:

Plenty of Vols in Atlanta GA! Vol headquarters for games is about 5 minutes from where I live and it is packed on game day!

Living in Shelby County(Memphis), there's a good bit. It's felt like Ar or Ms sometimes as well. The difference between East Tn and Shelby County is like the difference between your palm and the back of your hand, it's your hand but so different.

Lots of West Tn is covered up with Vol fans, but Shelby County, is something like 15% Vol, 10% Memphis, and 75% who knows and who cares.

I still speak up when I see the Orange or a power T.

From PA here...very few but always results in a quick chat....actually found a true vol fan where I work out...he was wearing one of the more expensive nike jackets so with that on I knew he had to be a true fan...which he is!!

In Middle of Illinois -- I see a few every once in awhile -- A Vol fan is buried by my dad and has a power T on his headstone -- every season his family puts UT decorations on it during game days -- he was the former HS groundskeeper and died suddenly of a heart attack while mowing the field -- The HS honored him by checkerboarding the endzones orange and white (school colors are orange and black) the rest of the season that year -- mostly all I see are NFL around here not much college

Reactions: 6 people

I am originally from the Green Bay area, when you say easy going about football, are you just referring to the Badgers? I would agree with that, but as far as the Packers, I am not sure there's a more passionate fan base in North American sports, they are most definitely toward the top at least.

That being said, living in Chicago now, its a very low chance I will ever see people in Vols gear, though I've seen it before. I attend at least one football game a year whether its a Neyland or an away game.

To all of the out of state fans like me, how often do you see people wearing Vols gear?

- I saw someone wearing a UT shirt at the mall up here in Lexington yesterday. I run into people quite frequently wearing orange.

How far do you travel to Neyland to watch the games and about how many games each year?

-3 1/2 hours for me. I'm hoping to come down for at least two games this year. UGA and LSU.

In Atlanta we see quite a bit of Vols gear.

Last year made it up for Florida (4 hours), Battle of Bristol (4 hours), and UGA (1.5 hours).

This year have 13 family members who all have tix for GT game, will be in Tuscaloosa, and UGA in Knoxville.

So usually 3 per year

In Roanoke, VA. Starting to see the Power T more and more. I was recently on Va Tech's campus the other day while wearing a Butch Jones Power T shirt. Got a few harsh looks....lol!

Volsfan24017, I lived in RKE, VA yrs ago before picking up and transferring to UT in 92.

When did you graduate from UT?

In Roanoke, VA. Starting to see the Power T more and more. I was recently on Va Tech's campus the other day while wearing a Butch Jones Power T shirt. Got a few harsh looks....lol!

I'm from Radford Va, and I can tell you without a doubt UT has the second largest fanbase in Southwest VA and the new river valley by a long shot, not even close. Tons of Vols here. Whenever I don't make it to the game I hit up a bar in Radford near Radford University named Sharkey's and there's a bunch of Vols in there on game day.

VN Store

Back