According to article: Fulmer could coach Vols again

CPF was, IMO, a good position coach - can't deny that he didn't have skills in one form or another. But a HC he's not. Granted he was just that for quite a while (to include the NC), but I've never considered him HC material. He's an Ed Orgeron for me...that is the closest thing. And Ed was along for the ride with everyone around him. Mark Richt comes to mind too...but Ed, for me, fits him to a T. Either way the game passed him up .... hell it passed him up before he got let go. No way would I bring him back in any capacity without thinking it all the way through. Even then, erring on the side of caution....NO.

Reactions: onevol74
CPF was, IMO, a good position coach - can't deny that he didn't have skills in one form or another. But a HC he's not. Granted he was just that for quite a while (to include the NC), but I've never considered him HC material. He's an Ed Orgeron for me...that is the closest thing. And Ed was along for the ride with everyone around him. Mark Richt comes to mind too...but Ed, for me, fits him to a T. Either way the game passed him up .... hell it passed him up before he got let go. No way would I bring him back in any capacity without thinking it all the way through. Even then, erring on the side of caution....NO.
Fulmer was a unique coach for a unique time. He took over a very well established program and got very lucky in getting a recruit named Manning. I give credit to that to Cutcliffe and Bobby Scott who had the connection to Archie. Manning brought that 1993 recruiting class that set the program rolling. The day the music died was the day that Cutcliffe took the Ole Miss job and we were never the same after that.

Many of you may have seen this How Phillip Fulmer can rejoin Tennessee football coaching staff | Toppmeyer but, had this potential rule change been in place during his time as AD, he (we) would not have been sanctioned and, the O’line may have been better.

Wish he would come back! SEC veteran; multiple SECC; multiple SECC game appearances; multiple top 10 finishes; multiple bowl wins and a NC to boot! Only one season since his firing has produced a similar measurable and that was season before last!
Hell to the no, what a joke.
No more foolmer , if he had placed good assistants around himself he would still be here, but his ego has cost us and himself twice, stop with this non sense

Fulmer was great, times change he just needs to go on and pasture enjoy your retirement, attend the games get your crowd applause and go home.

Yeah, it was pretty noticeable, even in real time, though alot of people didn't want to admit it. The percentage breakdown is .815 to .673.
I knew Fulmer struggled in the years he didn’t have Cutcliffe, just wasn’t sure on the numbers. Wish we could have got Cutcliffe as head coach after Fulmer. May have saved us several years of heartache and pain. We are just now getting back on track

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Dang, where is the respect for the greatest coach for Tennessee in most of our lifetime?

VN Store

Back