Aidoo to the portal confirmed

I'm impressed with your writing here

This is one of the smartest things I have seen posted here

Thank you, sir. I think most of us who read this forum know everything that I posted. There seem to be a few who view players as they wish they were and don't see the many shades of gray.

There are very view complete players at the college level and most have some deficiencies. I get tired of the weaknesses of our players being talked about ad nauseum and ignoring all the positives that they bring or brought to our program.

Aidoo picked up a crystal ball for Baylor. He will do well there. More emphasis on the offensive game in a less physical league. But yeah, Baylor was the one who was tampering lol

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Just go to Baylor, man. Have some freaking dignity and don’t slap Barnes in the face by going to our biggest rival. There are literally 350+ other D1 schools.

I was going to ask if he really wants a guaranteed trip to FCC@TBA next season, but then again I guess we don't know for sure how scheduling will be handled next year in the expanded SEC?

Reactions: knoxvol52
College sports fans are hilarious. Love the player while they're playing for your team but talk about them like a dog if they leave.
Not sure what you are referring to. I won’t trash the young man but will be surprised if he transfers to KY.

Sports are built on rivalries and TN and KY are rivals. While it’s a business nowadays, most former players still dislike their rival teams, not the players.

Ron Slay discussed this a while back, stating he will always have a disdain for KY, Vandy, Florida, Bama, etc.

College sports fans are hilarious. Love the player while they're playing for your team but talk about them like a dog if they leave.

Look, if he goes to Baylor, it's whatever. I won't care and I won't "talk about [him] like a dog" if he leaves. But Rick and Justin Gainey (lead recruiter) poured a lot of time and energy into helping Aidoo out and I am sure, knowing Rick, treated him like a son while he was here. I'm just saying there are 350+ other schools he can go to. If he chooses your biggest rival and plays against you 2-3 times next year, it's a pretty big slap in the face to the coaches who supported you, and the fans that cheered you on for 3 years.

Just go literally anywhere else, preferably outside the conference.

If he's a UK player I'm going to trash him same as I do with most UK, Florida, Bama, etc guys. If he plays for Houston, USC, Saint Peters, etc I'm not going to give a **** about him same as I dont for their current guys. Point is, he ain't a Vol. My allegiance is to Vols.

If he's a UK player I'm going to trash him same as I do with most UK, Florida, Bama, etc guys. If he plays for Houston, USC, Saint Peters, etc I'm not going to give a **** about him same as I dont for their current guys. Point is, he ain't a Vol. My allegiance is to Vols.
You do you .
I'm never bad mouthing a college athlete no matter what decision he/ she makes.

Look, if he goes to Baylor, it's whatever. I won't care and I won't "talk about [him] like a dog" if he leaves. But Rick and Justin Gainey (lead recruiter) poured a lot of time and energy into helping Aidoo out and I am sure, knowing Rick, treated him like a son while he was here. I'm just saying there are 350+ other schools he can go to. If he chooses your biggest rival and plays against you 2-3 times next year, it's a pretty big slap in the face to the coaches who supported you, and the fans that cheered you on for 3 years.

Just go literally anywhere else, preferably outside the conference.
I'm a 🦒fan, but you nailed it. Agree, completely

It’s not about him leaving, it’s the way he left.

Lying to your coaches just to leave for one of your main rivals is a huge d*ck move.

Not to mention how much time Barnes has spent developing him into the player he is today, only to be disrespected.

Sorry but he’s not going to be making friends around here.

You think that’s just college sports fans? Ask pro sports fans how they feel when players leave their team and go elsewhere, especially to a rival. If that player wants to get paid , that’s fine. I think with this player, it’s more about how he did it, as Barnes alluded to yesterday. I had a feeling Aidoo was going to go a month ago, as I posted here on another thread, so it didn’t shock me. I Just thought there was a good chance another school was going to offer more than UT would pay or more than he was worth. I don’t fault him for taking it. I have an issue with him not being up front about it. So yeah, fans aren’t going to have the warm fuzzies for him, especially when our last image of him is taking stupid shots and getting punked in the most important game in program history.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
You do you .
I'm never bad mouthing a college athlete no matter what decision he/ she makes.
Guy doesn't show up for biggest game of the year in the E8, and then potentially transferring to our biggest b-ball rival? and you think we're not gonna bad mouth him?? You're a much better man than I am if you can bite your tongue through such treachery!!

You think that’s just college sports fans? Ask pro sports fans how they feel when players leave their team and go elsewhere, especially to a rival. If that player wants to get paid , that’s fine. I think with this player, it’s more about how he did it, as Barnes alluded to yesterday. I had a feeling Aidoo was going to go a month ago, as I posted here on another thread, so it didn’t shock me. I Just thought there was a good chance another school was going to offer more than UT would pay or more than he was worth. I don’t fault him for taking it. I have an issue with him not being up front about it. So yeah, fans aren’t going to have the warm fuzzies for him, especially when our last image of him is taking stupid shots and getting punked in the most important game in program history.
Guess I'm built different dude. Dallas Cowboys fan since 70's and never have had a harsh word to say about any player they have had. Do I get mad yes because they lost.

It’s not about him leaving, it’s the way he left.

Lying to your coaches just to leave for one of your main rivals is a huge d*ck move.

Not to mention how much time Barnes has spent developing him into the player he is today, only to be disrespected.

Sorry but he’s not going to be making friends around here.
Didnt say anyone had to be his friend, anyway I have said all I'm saying about this topic.

If he lands at UK let's hope Barnes lands a big bruiser, we've seen what Happens to Aidoo in those situations.

Reactions: OrangeInKy
Grrrrr. You mean like Roger Clemens leaving the Red Sox to go to the Yankees? Yeah, still after all these years....

VN Store

Back