Aidoo to the portal confirmed

Yes, Estrella had one decent game this year on defense. That is 100% because he had more weight to use against Edey. Rest of the year he was a liability on defense and non-existent on offense. He has upside but he's nowhere near Aidoo's talent level right now.
Him weighing 10 pounds less than Aidoo was more weight to use against Edey? Google is your friend

Him weighing 10 pounds less than Aidoo was more weight to use against Edey? Google is your friend
I guess I’m a little older than you and don’t use Google as my friend very often. UT website shows Estrella is 241 and Aidoo 240. I don’t believe it. Height / weight listings are often incorrect, especially for freshmen. The eye test says Estrella is much thicker than Aidoo. Regardless, he did play better D against Edey. I’ll give him that. He had one half of one game all year where he outplayed Aidoo.

Yes, Estrella had one decent game this year on defense. That is 100% because he had more weight to use against Edey. Rest of the year he was a liability on defense and non-existent on offense. He has upside but he's nowhere near Aidoo's talent level right now.

And I'm not sure I'd call being able to lean on Edey as upside. Estrella will get better but he did almost nothing else but lean on Edey. He shared fouls with the other bigs.

That can get cleaned up by next season. Estrella is young. Aidoo has no excuse for poor play at this point. I like Aidoo but he's too soft for a big man.
Wasn't implying Estrella can't learn it. It was about the Purdue game. Apparently Rick thought Estrella vs Edey was more important than total team defense. Pretty unusual for Rick.

Honestly Estrella did a MUCH better job against Eady than Aidoo ever dreamed. I like Aidoo but he's too soft. I'll never understand a 7 footer being soft.
Estrella's stockier so Edey couldn't push him around so easily. Other than short arming three shots I didn't see Aidoo playing soft. I guess the bad shots came from rushing to not get them blocked. But one poster says 'he's soft' and others follow.

This may be wishful thinking but usually when you hear a rumor or there is “smoke” things often happen in very short order. I think the longer it drags out without him officially entering bodes well for UT but who knows.

Estrella's stockier so Edey couldn't push him around so easily. Other than short arming three shots I didn't see Aidoo playing soft. I guess the bad shots came from rushing to not get them blocked. But one poster says 'he's soft' and others follow.
Nah, I've been saying Aidoo is soft for most of the season. Nice try though lol.

Nah, I've been saying Aidoo is soft for most of the season. Nice try though lol.
Who cares what “you’ve been saying”. Aidoo is a skeleton. He’s never going to have the body to bang in the middle. He’s a finesse player. When a guy scores and rebounds as well as he does, he’s doing something right. He was the best at his position in one of the best conferences, and we still have clowns high-fiving their cat, strutting around calling him “soft”. Sorry we can’t send him over to step on your Xbox to prove he’s tough enough to play on your imaginary team.

How about all of those 12 ft bricks he tossed up because he was scared to man up on Eady lol. Soft. Hope he hits the portal

God, our fans are insufferable. He was literally 2nd team all-sec
I’m only constantly saying Ballo due to all the stuff about Aidoo possibly leaving.

If you can’t get Ballo, then you do everything to keep Aidoo. That’s the ONLY player you let Aidoo walk for, and even then he has to be a guarantee to come here

I’m only constantly saying Ballo due to all the stuff about Aidoo possibly leaving.

If you can’t get Ballo, then you do everything to keep Aidoo. That’s the ONLY player you let Aidoo walk for, and even then he has to be a guarantee to come here
Even then idk if I would make that trade. Aidoo has been here for 3 years and knows the culture. He’s also more athletic than Ballo but Ballo is a load inside.

How about all of those 12 ft bricks he tossed up because he was scared to man up on Eady lol. Soft. Hope he hits the portal
How about all those fans who come here after a loss or primarily only to bash players? The irony is that they wouldn’t know a basketball if it smacked them in the head.

At this point I suppose it's still rumors? IDK. But...when we say we're living in the transfer portal era....THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!. Why are we surprised or having trouble believing players won't enter the portal? And I'd dare say....it won't be the last time we'll go through it. JMO
No surprises going forward. Just expect a new roster each season. There will be hits and misses with the transfers as we’ve already experienced. I would not want to be a coach in this era unless you knew you had the $ to buy the players you need.

Reactions: tennrich1
I suspect Shack wants a career after college. We actually got folks on here saying he should play the 4 spot essentially saying his career is done after next year. That may not sit well.
He. Does. Play. The. 4. It’s not that he “should.” He does. If you watched Tennessee play this year and understand basketball, you know that. You may not like it. That makes it no less true.

JJJ started at the 4. When he came out, Mashack replaced him at the 4. That is a fact.

VN Store

Back