'21 AL OLB Deontae Lawson (Alabama commit)

Idk, but I do know that we missed on Joseph Anderson because we prioritized others that we missed on before him. I’m just saying, if we are going all in for a Bama kid and slow playing another kid, it could bite us the way it has before.

Honestly, what are the odds of us getting a highly ranked kid out of Bama that Alabama wants?

Think about what you’re saying. You prefer the coaches go after their 3rd or 4th option to begin with bc if they spend time on the guys they really want and miss, they may then miss on their next option.

This is a comically bad, and sad, recruiting strategy.

Think about what you’re saying. You prefer the coaches go after their 3rd or 4th option to begin with bc if they spend time on the guys they really want and miss, they may then miss on their next option.

This is a comically bad, and sad, recruiting strategy.
No, I just prefer them go after priority targets we can actually land. Again, I ask you, what are the odds of landing a priority Bama target out of the state of Alabama? The closest we came was Eboigbe and it still didn’t happen. Seems like we would be smarter to prioritize other locations is all im saying

Why waste all that time in California? We never get those guys! Cuz when you land em? It’s worth it. Egoibe was worth the swing.
Hank out there in Cali where the schools suck right now are not the same as trying to pull elite kids from Alabama out of bama

Hank out there in Cali where the schools suck right now are not the same as trying to pull elite kids from Alabama out of bama
When we landed him there was plenty of west coast teams making it difficult. LA is kinda distant for him...his school’s closer to San Francisco. Washington and Oregon made that more a task than us dragging someone out of neighboring Alabama and USC last year wasn’t this year’s version recruiting wise.

No, I just prefer them go after priority targets we can actually land. Again, I ask you, what are the odds of landing a priority Bama target out of the state of Alabama? The closest we came was Eboigbe and it still didn’t happen. Seems like we would be smarter to prioritize other locations is all im saying

When we show wins on the field and NFL development, we will get all we want.

Idk, but I do know that we missed on Joseph Anderson because we prioritized others that we missed on before him. I’m just saying, if we are going all in for a Bama kid and slow playing another kid, it could bite us the way it has before.

Honestly, what are the odds of us getting a highly ranked kid out of Bama that Alabama wants?

Bama and Auburn. Only Clemson seems to be able to into Alabama and cherry pick a highly ranked guy from those two programs.

I agree with you.

You brought up Andersen, and in this recruiting cycle you saw Pruitt respect In-State talent more.

Get after Georgia and search for those diamonds in the rough of the Carolina's.
Still recruit Alabama, but yeah...those guys are staying In-State a high percentage of the time...

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Bama and Auburn. Only Clemson seems to be able to into Alabama and cherry pick a highly ranked guy from those two programs.

I agree with you.

You brought up Andersen, and in this recruiting cycle you saw Pruitt respect In-State talent more.

Get after Georgia and search for those diamonds in the rough of the Carolina's.
Still recruit Alabama, but yeah...those guys are staying In-State a high percentage of the time...
I mean, I’m not saying anything earth shattering by suggesting that it might be better worth our time pursuing players from states other than bama

Reactions: LittleVol
I mean, I’m not saying anything earth shattering by suggesting that it might be better worth our time pursuing players from states other than bama

I mostly agree with that, because of the current status of Bama and Auburn, but some of our better players to ever play at UT were from the state of Alabama.

So you want to maintain a presence there because it IS a very talented state and it's close. If we were able to get even 1 guy out of their top 10 every year. Then that's a win!

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
I mostly agree with that, because of the current status of Bama and Auburn, but some of our better players to ever play at UT were from the state of Alabama.

So you want to maintain a presence there because it IS a very talented state and it's close. If we were able to get even 1 guy out of their top 10 every year. Then that's a win!
Sure, if we pull Dylan Brooks that would be massive

Reactions: LittleVol
Georgia pulled the number 1 and number 2 player in the state of Alabama last year. It’s not the locked area people think it is.

Tennessee will land the number 1 player in Alabama next cycle (Dylan Brooks) and he’ll be in the boat before the summer.

VN Store

Back