'25 AL S Sidney Walton (Tennessee commit)

Jalen Ramsey would be a good example of that.

But are there other exploits of this kid that I don't know about???
I'm judging from my own eyes in film for such an inexperienced kid. My own judgement from being around NFL Athletes to division 2 Athletes.

Someone mentioned he has a 79” wingspan. Can anyone cite a source or verify. If, true that’s insane and has me excited to see what he does (interested either way of course)

I honestly can't tell because of the quality of the highlights. I could only watch about 2 minutes.

Squirrel White had similar style footage. But he was so fast you could still see him pulling away from anyone even at that upfield angle.

Not a fan of it for sure...

But yes, I agree they are good at spotting talent.
They passed on some higher “rated” guys for him so I guess we’ll see.

Always good to dip into Alabama for any prep player commitment in any sport.

If you're going to straight up call me a lair, then just move on.

You said all this trash and none of it is true, for anyone actually following the conversation...

Me and you have had good interactions and then interactions like today ...in 10 years of being on here. 10 years and I've never even met you.
And I never will. But arguing with you...is a waste of life. Talking with you, period.

Reply back if you want.

The last line of your post is absolutely hilarious after the preceding lines.

Not taking a shot.... genuinely hilariously ironic Internet exchange.

There are many athletic kids that try and play football but never have the football IQ to perform what there taught. This young man is long athletic and in just 2 years of playing football his understanding of game impresses me which bodes well for his future. Big Celing with him great pickup by Staff. . In CHRIST Alone
Not all athletic kids who don't pan out are lacking in IQ or are resistive to lessons offered them by staff and teammates. Some folks simply do not INSTINCTIVELY process the data that comes in. Not bad kids, not stupid, the proper reactions in real time just do not get processed. Sometimes they make the wrong move, sometimes they just react too slow. Other less talented kids are blessed with those abilities and we call them gamers. It is my belief that is the case with a LOT of 4 star guys every class. They still make the right reads but don't have natural physical progression and are a step too far behind guys that have both a lot, and behind guys with just the athleticism who make the right reads or make the right cuts some of the time. That is the reason a lot of the time those that sign a BUNCH of high star guys are still successful, even after having to cull some highly coveted guys. Getting to the wrong place faster is not a great thing either. Athletic AND instinctive guys make coaches smile and look like great evaluators and closers.

Reactions: WebbCobb
Not all athletic kids who don't pan out are lacking in IQ or are resistive to lessons offered them by staff and teammates. Some folks simply do not INSTINCTIVELY process the data that comes in. Not bad kids, not stupid, the proper reactions in real time just do not get processed. Sometimes they make the wrong move, sometimes they just react too slow. Other less talented kids are blessed with those abilities and we call them gamers. It is my belief that is the case with a LOT of 4 star guys every class. They still make the right reads but don't have natural physical progression and are a step too far behind guys that have both a lot, and behind guys with just the athleticism who make the right reads or make the right cuts some of the time. That is the reason a lot of the time those that sign a BUNCH of high star guys are still successful, even after having to cull some highly coveted guys. Getting to the wrong place faster is not a great thing either. Athletic AND instinctive guys make coaches smile and look like great evaluators and closers.
I like this explanation. Talent goes beyond measurables, and includes skills and the mental side. As fans, we are mostly blind to the non-measurables.

I like this explanation. Talent goes beyond measurables, and includes skills and the mental side. As fans, we are mostly blind to the non-measurables.
Those that arrive running 4.3 forties work out a lot, while those that arrive a little slower with expectations to improve sometimes do and sometimes don't. Sometimes the early shavers are peaked on arrival and get passed in ability by some late bloomers. Just part of the crapshoot in the evaluation processes. Celebrating on signing day is what it is.... risky. Giving up on signing day is what it is.... risky.

Reactions: WebbCobb
Never said stupid just that some do have IQ that's better than most. Most really athletic kids that play SEC level that don't pan out including 5 stars is the Mental and physical grind it takes. In CHRIST Alone

VN Store

Back