'25 AL S Sidney Walton (Tennessee commit)

Tennessee picked up its 8th commitment for the 2025 class on Thursday when Sidney Walton jumped in the boat. Walton’s junior tape really caught the eye of the staff and they went to work to get him in the boat before he truly blows up. The Vols like him at safety and that’s where he projects at the next level.
-VQ

Yeah just like my own response???

Look, the cop out of “I’ll trust the coaches “ is just old and lazy AH! As If coaches don’t get fired !!

So yeah I complained about that bland, artificial response Golfer had…
Yeah, coaches get fired WHEN their process fails and they lose their team. Not when random, self important message board posters grouse about the players they accept commitments from. While we’re keeping it realz…

Yeah, coaches get fired WHEN their process fails and they lose their team. Not when random, self important message board posters grouse about the players they accept commitments from. While we’re keeping it realz…
And what exactly are you “keeping real”?

Coaches get it wrong all the time!
- but did I say they got this one wrong???

I VERY SIMPLY asked “ what do you think about this prospect? I haven’t watched any of his highlights yet”

Golfer- our coaches get paid millions to do this stuff blah blah blah

Butchna- yeah they get it wrong, but not because you’re any good at anything at all, LittleVol. Like just shut up, dude…
It had NOTHING absolutely nothing to do with my opinion of him.

I had no opinion. THATS WHY I was asking!!!!

But no, everyone has to be a pompous jerk to a simple question. Go kick rocks!!

Reactions: swampfoxfan
There’s more to it than that. It’s fair to look at the offer list and this staff’s history of DB recruiting and be sceptical. Doesn’t mean that’s the right take but it is reasonable
I didn’t look at any of that at that time. Not even his film!

But noooooo, let’s just be a bag of stanky crap to LittleVol for no reason at all!!

There was no skepticism at all!! Just a question about why everyone liked the kid.

Come to find out they didn’t really know lol. But oh don’t point that out!

And what exactly are you “keeping real”?

Coaches get it wrong all the time!
- but did I say they got this one wrong???

I VERY SIMPLY asked “ what do you think about this prospect? I haven’t watched any of his highlights yet”

Golfer- our coaches get paid millions to do this stuff blah blah blah

Butchna- yeah they get it wrong, but not because you’re any good at anything at all, LittleVol. Like just shut up, dude…
It had NOTHING absolutely nothing to do with my opinion of him.

I had no opinion. THATS WHY I was asking!!!!

But no, everyone has to be a pompous jerk to a simple question. Go kick rocks!!
Oh please with the “who meee?” routine! You’re generally solid to really astute with your takes, but you’ll go off the reservation with a jab and that’s what happened here. “I haven’t had TIME TO WATCH his film. Why is EVERYONE CRAZY about this kid?” FIRST thing you did? You watched his highlights! SECOND, you characterized anybody who didn’t meh the pickup as being “CRAZY” about him. I saw the usuals BOOMS and personally remarked that he’s a tall corner being recruited as a ball-hawking safety…no D4H declarations as a future All-Pro. I followed the exchange from the beginning and your smarmy FAKE quote of me is a particularly weak troll on your part. I ain’t kicking any ******* rocks for you, either…do your own stupid human tricks. Get back to branding everybody a “coach worshipper” who merely believes in the staff’s evaluation chops. Since UT has been on an even recruiting front without NCAA clouds hovering, one could say every take has been solid…even Okoye gambles. You don’t have to subscribe, but quit with the passive/aggressive sniper fire. You ain’t been innocent since they cut the cord.

Last edited:
I don’t like the stupid drone angle they used. Just now got finished trying to watch them for the first time.

But from what I can tell he was always in position.
There are many athletic kids that try and play football but never have the football IQ to perform what there taught. This young man is long athletic and in just 2 years of playing football his understanding of game impresses me which bodes well for his future. Big Celing with him great pickup by Staff. . In CHRIST Alone

I didn’t look at any of that at that time. Not even his film!

But noooooo, let’s just be a bag of stanky crap to LittleVol for no reason at all!!

There was no skepticism at all!! Just a question about why everyone liked the kid.

Come to find out they didn’t really know lol. But oh don’t point that out!
Cue William Wallace 😢
freedom-wallace.gif

Oh please with the “who meee?” routine! You’re generally solid to really astute with your takes, but you’ll go off the reservation with a jab and that’s what happened here. “I haven’t had TIME TO WATCH his film. Why is EVERYONE CRAZY about this kid?” FIRST thing you did? You watched his highlights! SECOND, you characterized anybody who didn’t meh the pickup as being “CRAZY” about him. I saw the usuals BOOMS and personally remarked that he’s a tall corner being recruited as a ball-hawking safety…no D4H declarations as a future All-Pro. I followed the exchange from the beginning and your smarmy FAKE quote of me is a particularly weak troll on your part. I ain’t kicking any ******* rocks for you, either…do your own stupid human tricks. Get back to branding everybody a “coach worshipper” who merely believes in the staff’s evaluation chops. Since UT has been on an even recruiting front without NCAA clouds hovering, one could say every take has been solid…even Okoye gambles. You don’t have to subscribe, but quit with the passive/aggressive sniper fire. You ain’t been innocent since they cut the cord.
😂…. That was fun. “Passive aggressive sniper fire” sums it up.

So you think it’s bad to ever disagree with a coach?

Do you see Heupel on Volnation??
I didn’t ask what the coaches thought…

Why even respond??
We’ve had a few players taken that I didn’t really like much. That said this kid isn’t one of them. He’s going to be good.

he is a junior in high school. NO ONE knows how good he will be in college.

2980A4CC-9B05-4825-8B09-111DFC6575CC.gif

If you're going to straight up call me a lair, then just move on.

You said all this trash and none of it is true, for anyone actually following the conversation...

Me and you have had good interactions and then interactions like today ...in 10 years of being on here. 10 years and I've never even met you.
And I never will. But arguing with you...is a waste of life. Talking with you, period.

Reply back if you want.

We’ve had a few players taken that I didn’t really like much. That said this kid isn’t one of them. He’s going to be good.
I honestly can't tell because of the quality of the highlights. I could only watch about 2 minutes.

Squirrel White had similar style footage. But he was so fast you could still see him pulling away from anyone even at that upfield angle.

Not a fan of it for sure...

But yes, I agree they are good at spotting talent.

Reactions: gainesvol82
If you're going to straight up call me a lair, then just move on.

You said all this trash and none of it is true, for anyone actually following the conversation...

Me and you have had good interactions and then interactions like today ...in 10 years of being on here. 10 years and I've never even met you.
And I never will. But arguing with you...is a waste of life. Talking with you, period.

Reply back if you want.
Everything got said.

There are many athletic kids that try and play football but never have the football IQ to perform what there taught. This young man is long athletic and in just 2 years of playing football his understanding of game impresses me which bodes well for his future. Big Celing with him great pickup by Staff. . In CHRIST Alone
Jalen Ramsey would be a good example of that.

But are there other exploits of this kid that I don't know about???

VN Store

Back