Albert Haynesworth "letter to me."

great article! Good read, Man, we had some defensive lineman back then, but know what, we are getting that kind of talent again! It's coming folks, better get ready An Orange Storm is about to be unleashed! Go Vols!

That's a beautiful thing too. That DL in 2001 with Haynsworth, Henderson, Overstreet and Jackson plus solid backups was utterly off the chain. UGA played outta the world when we had injuries on both sides. LSU pulled a miracle out with a strong minded backup QB and great coaching.

Talent wise I think that may have been the best UT team I've ever seen. We should have went undefeated that season and played for the natty IMO. Tossup with a great UM team.

I honestly feel those being hard on him about the letter, are judging it like he is trying to get out of something. He didn't need to write anything. To me, it was written from the point of view of the way we make certain bad decisions AND justify things at the time.

He seems happy now and the letter seems like a guide for younger guys. Unless there was a Go fund Me page attached. Then forget everything I said.

Reactions: 5 people
Apparently your reading comprehension skills are lacking.

Not all. They are better than the average bear's in fact. Show me where he takes responsibility for any of his mistakes. He blames his friend for his financial blunders and the coaches at Washington for his bad play with the Skins.
The truth is that he made some really bad decisions but did not seem to learn anything about responsibility.

Dear Albert,
You are going to be awesome but people are going to screw you over and the League manipulate you and cause you to stomp someone's head. But it will be his fault for breaking the unwritten code.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I honestly feel those being hard on him about the letter, are judging it like he is trying to get out of something. He didn't need to write anything. To me, it was written from the point of view of the way we make certain bad decisions AND justify things at the time.

He seems happy now and the letter seems like a guide for younger guys. Unless there was a Go fund Me page attached. Then forget everything I said.
He's like most of us. If you have an ax to grind or grudge with the guy, there is certainly enough there on his resume to be beaten like an old drum. If you like the guy certainly there is enough there to see something positive about his recent writing and attitude.

He's like most of us. If you have an ax to grind or grudge with the guy, there is certainly enough there on his resume to be beaten like an old drum. If you like the guy certainly there is enough there to see something positive about his recent writing and attitude.

I guess. I'm just missing what people are telling him to take more responsibility for. I saw P4Hs examples above but that makes no sense.

He earned the money he lost, he isn't asking us for money? He works and pays his own way? And I honestly may be missing something. I don't follow the NFL or the players. Did he steal money or take someones life or something? If he did, then I understand. If the few on here are just demanding more of a sense of restitution and he is just a guy remolding houses ON HIS OWN DIME, telling his story , I'm just lost...

I guess. I'm just missing what people are telling him to take more responsibility for. I saw P4Hs examples above but that makes no sense.

He earned the money he lost, he isn't asking us for money? He works and pays his own way? And I honestly may be missing something. I don't follow the NFL or the players. Did he steal money or take someones life or something? If he did, then I understand. If the few on here are just demanding more of a sense of restitution and he is just a guy remolding houses ON HIS OWN DIME, telling his story , I'm just lost...

you're not missing a thing. some of these clowns are just that, clowns. they are holding him to some standard that they fell short of every day.

Powerful stuff. Hard to imagine some of you goons on volnation have even the slightest bit of guts to belittle a man that made mistakes and decides to publicly write about it. I know half you people here probably never made a mistake and are a perfect unit but there are those out there that have.

Most respect for a man admitting fault. 👍

These guys that make a lot of money become instantly popular. "friends" come crawling out of the woodwork, and they all have their hand out. Look at Jamarcus Russell, big bust also. Spent thousands upon thousands at Cheesecake Factory. He blimped up but I don't think he was the only one eating all the time. I'm sure his "POSSE" was right there with him. You are who you hang with. Pick your friends wisely... these two didn't.

Reactions: 1 person
Haynesworth glosses over his laziness in Washington and how he couldn’t even revive his career with defensive guru Bill Belichick. (Haynesworth calls former Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz a “mastermind,” so clearly Belichick would be a step up, right?) In fact, he ignores his entire ugly exit from the league, instead summing it up with this one sentence: “You will lose you passion for football in Washington, and it will be impossible to get back.”

I always felt Al gave it his all for Tennessee...and for that I am grateful.
I just think there was a disconnect between the college game/level and the pros.
It happens, heck it's happening right now to several players that were big time on Saturday and have yet to produce on Sunday.

..He was an outstanding player and he's right....he caused havoc and mayhem for the opposing team...but I CAN NOT respect someone for not seeing most of the problems were he and not all those mean people around him....I read that with an open mind...and while I agree...its a huge forest of people wanting to take advantage of you...but when all's said and done...guess who is still responsible for ones self....THAT'S RIGHT .....SELF!!!! And I think this is what's wrong in most of our neighborhoods, schools, politicians, criminals, etc etc etc.....IT'S YOUR FAULT SO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!

Well, I think it's finally becoming clearer to me. He needs to fix "it". I still am not sure what it is or how it gets fixed but I'm catching on guys. Don't lose patience with me. Just one more time though, before I jump on the bandwagon. He owns a restaurant and remolding business, are we positive it's broken?

Well, I think it's finally becoming clearer to me. He needs to fix "it". I still am not sure what it is or how it gets fixed but I'm catching on guys. Don't lose patience with me. Just one more time though, before I jump on the bandwagon. He owns a restaurant and remolding business, are we positive it's broken?

THat's all after a 60 million dollar contract... it's broke.:thumbsup:

Not all. They are better than the average bear's in fact. Show me where he takes responsibility for any of his mistakes. He blames his friend for his financial blunders and the coaches at Washington for his bad play with the Skins.
The truth is that he made some really bad decisions but did not seem to learn anything about responsibility.

Dear Albert,
You are going to be awesome but people are going to screw you over and the League manipulate you and cause you to stomp someone's head. But it will be his fault for breaking the unwritten code.

Do you take responsibility for any of your mistakes? I'm pretty sure he paid out of his pocket for his mistakes. But have you? He doesn't have to take responsibility for anything, & this article was not intended for people like you, you would not understand. He did this for the kids to show them how not to do things, that's all.
:ermm:

Reactions: 3 people
Enjoyed the read. Reflection is a part of life and he appears to be learning from his mistakes.

Albert didn't throw the University and the staff under the bus. Compared to AF and his weekly order of tacos and his "salary".

Do you take responsibility for any of your mistakes? I'm pretty sure he paid out of his pocket for his mistakes. But have you? He doesn't have to take responsibility for anything, & this article was not intended for people like you, you would not understand. He did this for the kids to show them how not to do things, that's all.

So cross your fingers and hope people don't take advantage of you? Hope you land on teams that use you the way you want?

Yeah, that's an outstanding message.

Kids, when life doesn't go your way, it is someone else's fault. Always.

Great message.

Maybe he should've mentioned the 160mph, 50 foot yatch purchase was a bad idea

Sorry but this makes no sense to me.., maybe to others but I just don't get it.,,if it were me I would be too embarrassed to admit it.,,,

VN Store

Back