Alyssa Latham to Tennessee!

Watch! Kim's team will ball year one. I've watched alot of Marshall highlights. If those schemes transition well into SEC this will be such a fun team to watch. Female version of Huep pretty much haha
How did you find Marshall highlights??

I had issues finding much film.. but I will say I watched the re-broadcast of Wake Forest vs Marshall on YouTube "ACC Channel" and Marshall was up, in control most of game.. Had Wake Forest uncomfortable and out of sorts all game... only reason Marshall lost was missed some shots at end of game.. but still impressive, but this was only video/film I could really find on Marshall

How did you find Marshall highlights??

I had issues finding much film.. but I will say I watched the re-broadcast of Wake Forest vs Marshall on YouTube "ACC Channel" and Marshall was up, in control most of game.. Had Wake Forest uncomfortable and out of sorts all game... only reason Marshall lost was missed some shots at end of game.. but still impressive, but this was only video/film I could really find on Marshall
Honestly you just gotta dig around. If you go to Google and search Marshall 2023 highlights it will give you a couple more games than regular YouTube for some weird reason lol. I've watched Troy, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, App State and James Madison highlights so far. Trying to find more lol

3.10.23: The most memorable legacy that senior Alyssa Latham will leave at Homewood-Flossmoor isn’t about points and rebounds. It will be about her leadership. Testimony about the Syracuse recruit has been given the entire season.

By freshman Jenesis Moore …"Alyssa pushes me,” Moore said. “That’s the thing everyone doesn’t know. She’s a leader on and off the court. Even with schoolwork, she’s a leader.”

By freshman Aunyai Deere …“I learn so many things from her,” Deere said. “She teaches me different moves and about me finishing. Any time I need something outside of the court, she’ll help me with it. That’s what I love about her.”

By sophomore Jemiyah McDonald …"She motivated me to keep going,” McDonald said. “When it would get hard at practice, she encouraged me to keep on running and make the times.”

She’s ‘the one.’ H-F’s Alyssa Latham is the 2022-23 Daily Southtown Girls Basketball Player of the Year.

3.21.24: Every day Alyssa Latham opens her eyes to a poster on her bedroom wall. The poster includes a self-portrait surrounded by all the ways Latham sees herself: quiet, humble, smart, laid back, baller, strong, present, dominant, encouraging, fighter.

Syracuse’s freshman forward doesn’t like to limit herself, a mindset she also brings to the basketball court. Her presence down low has been vital to a team that has had to elbow its way into the national discourse throughout a breakthrough season.

Latham doesn’t want to put a limit on who she can be on or off the court

Last edited:
For the last 11 days I feel like I’ve checked this board every 6 minutes looking for portal news. I finally take a couple of hours away from here and we get a commitment???!

OMG!

I’m so happy about Latham!

And I think I need to take a message board sabbatical so we can get a few more commitments!

3.10.23: The most memorable legacy that senior Alyssa Latham will leave at Homewood-Flossmoor isn’t about points and rebounds. It will be about her leadership. Testimony about the Syracuse recruit has been given the entire season.

By freshman Jenesis Moore …"Alyssa pushes me,” Moore said. “That’s the thing everyone doesn’t know. She’s a leader on and off the court. Even with schoolwork, she’s a leader.”

By freshman Aunyai Deere …“I learn so many things from her,” Deere said. “She teaches me different moves and about me finishing. Any time I need something outside of the court, she’ll help me with it. That’s what I love about her.”

By sophomore Jemiyah McDonald …"She motivated me to keep going,” McDonald said. “When it would get hard at practice, she encouraged me to keep on running and make the times.”

She’s ‘the one.’ H-F’s Alyssa Latham is the 2022-23 Daily Southtown Girls Basketball Player of the Year.

3.21.24: Every day Alyssa Latham opens her eyes to a poster on her bedroom wall. The poster includes a self-portrait surrounded by all the ways Latham sees herself: quiet, humble, smart, laid back, baller, strong, present, dominant, encouraging, fighter.

Syracuse’s freshman forward doesn’t like to limit herself, a mindset she also brings to the basketball court. Her presence down low has been vital to a team that has had to elbow its way into the national discourse throughout a breakthrough season.

Latham doesn’t want to put a limit on who she can be on or off the court
Sounds like a really beautiful soul...We got a good y'all GBO 🧡🧡🧡

Alyssa Latham is an excellent addition to the program. I have spent time watching games from her freshman season. She did not play like a freshman. People will be amazed with her athleticism and ability to make explosive plays on both ends of the floor. I said this before she committed with Latham on board this roster has a player that can match up one on one against Watkins at SC and Morrow at LSU. She plays a similar style and is a near exact resemblance of former UCONN F Aaliyah Edwards. Latham could leave UT as a Top 10 WNBA draft in the future. Alyssa is an elite talent

Alyssa Latham is an excellent addition to the program. I have spent time watching games from her freshman season. She did not play like a freshman. People will be amazed with her athleticism and ability to make explosive plays on both ends of the floor. I said this before she committed with Latham on board this roster has a player that can match up one on one against Watkins at SC and Morrow at LSU. She plays a similar style and is a near exact resemblance of former UCONN F Aaliyah Edwards. Latham could leave UT as a Top 10 WNBA draft in the future. Alyssa is an elite talent
Agreed.

For the last 11 days I feel like I’ve checked this board every 6 minutes looking for portal news. I finally take a couple of hours away from here and we get a commitment???!

OMG!

I’m so happy about Latham!

And I think I need to take a message board sabbatical so we can get a few more commitments!
Yes, so much for a splashy drop of several players at once. 11 oclock on a Saturday night? Interesting.
Great Pick up! Whose next?
Nye is nigh, and next I hope. Also Spearman, that youngish post we need so badly.

Really happy about Latham, great potential, lots of elig left, seems like a great kid who will fit in very well. It's a great start!

And she's only been playing BB for like 6 or 7 years!

She plays every single possession like it is the last play of a tied game. I watched multiple games and did not see her take a play off. She made mistakes and moved on to the next play. She made big plays and moved on to the next play. Very poise and mature for a young player. She will be an All-SEC player on Rocky Top for years to come.

I'm curious why Latham transferred after such a successful frosh season, though I'm very glad she did. Maybe doesn't like such cold weather, though she is from Illinois. She's very impressive in her get to know her video.

I'm curious why Latham transferred after such a successful frosh season, though I'm very glad she did. Maybe doesn't like such cold weather, though she is from Illinois. She's very impressive in her get to know her video.
Wondered the same thing. I thought Syracuse coach is pretty good. She was on my list for us.
Not going to do ff with Syracuse though maybe wanted to play in a higher profile program in a big conference.

Great Pick up! Whose next?
If I have my way it will be Nyla
She plays at 9:30 today
Free link:
We can thank Coach Sam for this departing gift (among more to come)...she has been working on this one even when she was on her way out

If I have my way it will be Nyla
She plays at 9:30 today
Free link:

We can thank Coach Sam for this departing gift (among more to come)...she has been working on this one even when she was on her way out
Both good points. If we could pick up a foundational 25 hs recruit, esp one as elite as lNyla, on the heels of starting to score in the portal, that would be huge for the new staff. The hiring of the two SEC level asst coaches cannot be overstated.

God bless Sam. Loyal to the program and players as she could possibly be. She's a good one and I hope she lands somewhere that will be really great for her,

VN Store

Back