Andy Katz Bracketology Has Vols #1 Seed in West

Tennessee on the 1 line makes real sense when you simply look down at the 2 line. A lot of dynamics still in play though. Just one game at a time….

I got to say....if our offense is playing like we did at LSU...I really don't see anybody beating us...BUT...consistency will be the wild card. I'd LOVE to see this team make it to at least the Elite Eight this year. Still a bit concerned about who will be our go to man for a needed bucket but maybe JJJ is rounding into form for that....Vols sports sure are fun right now.

While “technically” it doesn’t matter right now……..it really does matter right now.

Is Tennessee going to be a 1 seed come March? Heck we don’t know.

However we do know teams currently around 1-10 have the best “chance” to gain a 1 seed. Teams outside the top 15 (currently) don’t have a good chance of gaining a 2 seed.

If you want to win the tournament……..you “want” to be a 1 seed, and at the least you “need” to be a 2 seed or 3 at the very least.

Over the past many years 4 teams have won the tournament who were lower than a 3 seed. 1 seeds have won 23 times 2 seeds 4 times and 3 seeds 3 times.

If your not good right now……..not ranked high right now……you probably don’t have much of a shot come March.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
seeding obviously matters, but the depth of talent equality this year is crazy...when's the last time we saw a 7 seed line like this (OK maybe last year...ha):
7North Carolina Arkansas Duke Illinois

If we learned one thing last year, it’s that the SEC Tournament is meaningless for seeding. The committee doesn’t even watch it. Literally.

It's a dumb tourney imo. I wish they would drop it and crown a champion, then give another OOC tourney.

This is one thing that I dislike about the NCAAT. It inadvertently takes away from BASKETBALL the 2nd half of every season and turns the game into gigantic "seeding"/"bubble" argument. The 1st half of the season is generally about the game I love instead of politics, conspiracy, and tourney innuendo.

If we learned one thing last year, it’s that the SEC Tournament is meaningless for seeding. The committee doesn’t even watch it. Literally.

I personally think it should be dropped.

Regular season should determine the SEC Champs.

It’s mostly just a trip for the fans.

Reactions: Putbacks
Yeah, I would be completely in favor of revamping the NCAA basketball postseason. Axe the conference tournaments, cut the field of the NCAA by at least half, and make it a best of 3 series format. Top 32 teams are selected by committee, no auto bids.

Yeah, I would be completely in favor of revamping the NCAA basketball postseason. Axe the conference tournaments, cut the field of the NCAA by at least half, and make it a best of 3 series format. Top 32 teams are selected by committee, no auto bids.

Well, idk about all that.

But I’ll say that I feel bad for low major conference teams that win their regular season and not their conference tournaments.

This is one thing that I dislike about the NCAAT. It inadvertently takes away from BASKETBALL the 2nd half of every season and turns the game into gigantic "seeding"/"bubble" argument. The 1st half of the season is generally about the game I love instead of politics, conspiracy, and tourney innuendo.

I typically start getting burned out as March approaches. But from the inconsistent and biased officiating. Their questionable calls are way too big of a variable in determining outcomes. Especially as to what is and isn’t a foul. And the random, out of nowhere, not been called all year rules suddenly being enforced at convenient times. Walking. 3-seconds. Technical fouls. Shooters kicking defenders as they get “fouled”. Charges in the paint (see Stokes in the S16 end of game). They often suddenly appear when helpful.

It sure seems like the teams that will bring ratings or story lines might be getting more than an equal share of favorable whistles. Thank goodness K and Roy are now gone. Fairly called games by competent, well trained refs would be a great change of direction.

It'd be great to be a #1 or a #2 seed and sure, we have a shot but I don't trust us not to lay another egg. It happens with this team

VN Store

Back