Announcers for the game

Tennman

VFL and a week
I got so tired of hearing the announcers talk about Iowa needs to challenge the freshman cornerback ( especially # 19). I was waiting for him to draw a play up on paper and send it down to the Iowa coach LOL Good grief. I thought our young men played a great game. I remember hearing the same announcer say, there was no one for him to throw to. Way to go Vols.

I got so tired of hearing the announcers talk about Iowa needs to challenge the freshman cornerback ( especially # 19). I was waiting for him to draw a play up on paper and send it down to the Iowa coach LOL Good grief. I thought our young men played a great game. I remember hearing the same announcer say, there was no one for him to throw to. Way to go Vols.
Their QB seemed to already have all the challenges he could handle.

Good observation. I have a pet peeve with analysts and announcers saying “I love” this or ”I like” that. Has become prevalent on telecasts but do any of us care about their “love” or “likes”?

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
The Cornholer Announcers gave us a rath of dog poop in the waning moments of the game for trying to get a first down or touch down vs just kneeling. Instead those cornholers could have said, wow, TN has played one helluva game and they are competitors right down to the end. What a class act to take a knee once they secured the first down.

Can't any grouping of sports announcers/analysts/pontificators simply give us our due when we do well??

Reactions: Tennman
That and the whole "Chez it" thing was almost too much to bear. Football was a welcome distraction.

I mean...they did need to. It wasn't an unreasonable observation.

Now, I don't think either QB they played, especially the first one, was actually capable of challenging Gibson. But they didn't even attempt to.

I thought the announcers were pretty good. I think it was Brock Osweiler who defended Heupel after the play-by-play guy started criticizing us for not taking a knee sooner. Brock made a very good point about being fair to the backups who work hard and never get a chance to play. Ultimately, we got the first down to avoid giving Iowa the ball back and took the knee to run out the clock. So it was just a case of announcers talking to avoid dead air.

I liked that they emphasized early on in the broadcast that we had so many opt-outs and transfers and Iowa had few (if any). When we started to take over the game in the second quarter, they couldn't pretend like we somehow had some kind of advantage. They couldn't make any excuses for Iowa.

VN Store

Back